Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 27, 2022, 04:34:03 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: SIGN UP FOR AN ACCOUNT HERE...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Never knew his  (Read 663 times)
Bob End and his Sexy Bitch

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2022, 02:32:44 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-59972806

In there click on the link about his diary, just a few lines down, and take the time to read about the sculptor

Dear god almighty what an unbelievable article in the Guardian through that link

Raises a question for me - what do we do about art/music of criminals, especially those convicted of or admitting to crimes like his?

Itchy_ring

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 02:49:15 PM »

Need to build something like the old bills black museum.

Move stuff like this to it, I'd have it open to the public but make sure that there was plenty of information about why it had been move there, guess it would be too controversial

headset

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 04:23:57 PM »

It's a naughty and sick background - that ironically sort of fits in at aunty rava
MF(c) DOOM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2022, 07:02:12 PM »

i haven't read the full article but generally retrospectively cancelling people's art because they were dodgepots is a slippery slope. Judge the art, not the artist maybe.  Do we stop playing music by The Who because of Pete Townsends peado conviction, cancel the Stones and Led Zep because of Wyman and Page's predilection for 14 year old girls? Burn all paintings by Salvador Dali, books by Chaucer and Pepys, they would have to go?

I'm sure the further back you go you will find allsorts of shocking and disgusting behaviour by musicians, writers,sculptors, actors etc. We would have nowt left

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2022, 07:41:00 PM »

Even accountants! All my vat returns would be reviled and destroyed
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2022, 08:00:42 PM »

To be fair he was a sick deviant but to Dooms point there’d be fuck all left if we dug too deeply into their pasts.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2022, 10:36:19 PM »

To be fair he was a sick deviant but to Dooms point there’d be fuck all left if we dug too deeply into their pasts.

It’s true, but difficult. The music of recent pedophiles is not played anymore. Do you want to be in my gang?
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2022, 06:14:05 AM »

Elvis, there’s always been an argument about him, chuck Berry. Bottomless pit mate.
And no thanks!!
Squarewheelbike

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2022, 10:26:41 AM »

It's odd to think back to the 80's, when news of Bill Wyman and a 13 year old generated more in the way of "nudge, nudge, wink, wink, who's a naughty boy then" than any sort of moral outrage!
Ben G
Mountain King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2022, 10:44:56 AM »

The prophet Muhammad married his third wife when she was 6 and consummated that marriage when she was all of 9 years old.

Tory Cunt
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2022, 10:51:13 AM »

What did he sing

Sick as fuck :gaz:
Itchy_ring

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2022, 10:57:21 AM »

It's odd to think back to the 80's, when news of Bill Wyman and a 13 year old generated more in the way of "nudge, nudge, wink, wink, who's a naughty boy then" than any sort of moral outrage!

Yep, it's bizarrely selective who gets cancelled and who doesn't.  Look at Micky Jackson, paid off loads of kids but still seen as a cultural icon  lost
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length