Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 06, 2021, 09:11:52 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: SIGN UP FOR AN ACCOUNT HERE...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Blast furnace  (Read 863 times)
Robbso

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2021, 07:42:27 PM »

Started to demolish Redcar furnace today. Almost 6 years since the last oven was pushed at Redcar coke ovens and the works fate was sealed. Flew past to be honest. Lads I know from there are scattered all over the place grafting now.
Bob End and his Sexy Bitch

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 08:48:01 PM »

Does it make you sad, mate? My mam and dad worked in the offices all their lives, my granddad in a foundry on Dock Street. Still seems terribly sad to me. Bank of Scotland alone received an 80bn bailout!

Eighty billion pounds. One bank
Snoozy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2021, 09:33:28 PM »

Does it make you sad, mate? My mam and dad worked in the offices all their lives, my granddad in a foundry on Dock Street. Still seems terribly sad to me. Bank of Scotland alone received an 80bn bailout!

Yeah but that kept the jocks from wanting independence..... souey lost :meltdown:

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2021, 09:36:26 PM »

Yeah but that kept the jocks from wanting independence..... souey lost :meltdown:

Another error. That could have saved more billions per year
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2021, 06:23:47 AM »

Definitely, it was a shithole, conditions were shocking, gas, dust, chemical fumes and working mostly outside in all weathers. Everyone I speak to says they’d go back tomorrow given the chance. Strange but true. :gaz:
MF(c) DOOM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2021, 03:08:48 PM »

I did a lot of contracting in there, hated the place. The dust, the smells, the fuck abouts getting permits. The mad discrepancy in quality control at the different canteens! Redcar was a culinary desert, had to drive to concast or beam mill for a decent bacon butty!
Bill Buxton

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2021, 03:40:30 PM »

Good riddance to it and all the other rust belt shite.

Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2021, 04:52:49 PM »

If it wasn’t for steel there’d be no Middlesbrough or Teesside probably, not that you’d care.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2021, 08:56:55 AM »

Redcar was a culinary desert, had to drive to concast or beam mill for a decent bacon butty!

Fucking first world problems there, Doom
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2021, 06:46:16 PM »

Steel house had a decent restaurant way back when. I’m not sure tiff raff we’re allowed in charles
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length