Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 29, 2021, 03:56:39 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: SIGN UP FOR AN ACCOUNT HERE...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Head injuries  (Read 2990 times)
Bob End and his Sexy Bitch

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2021, 12:15:47 AM »

Compelling evidence to change sports that will resist. Football, rugby, horse racing
Minge

Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 07:14:16 AM »

If anything, perhaps ban heading the ball from a goalkeepers kick .
These kicks are the highest and would stop 2 players competing to head the ball and combat possible head-head contact
towz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 07:31:09 AM »

Don't leave your house and hide under the bed

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2021, 07:45:57 AM »

What are your views on seatbelts and crash helmets?
towz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2021, 07:58:27 AM »

Shite

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2021, 08:02:33 AM »

Shite

:like:
Jimmy Cooper

The ace face.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2021, 09:45:10 AM »

They save lives, and reduce injuries which is beneficial for medical staff treating them.

"you can take the mail and the franking machine and all that other rubbish I have to go about with and you can stuff them right up your arse!” "

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2021, 09:57:37 AM »

They save lives, and reduce injuries which is beneficial for medical staff treating them.

:alf: :alf: Isn’t that what measures to reduce head risk in sport is about
TechnoTronic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2021, 10:11:18 AM »

Only designated players can head the ball and must wear a helmet.
TerryCochranesSocks

Pull your socks up Tel.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2021, 10:17:52 AM »

Should be voluntary.

I fuckin' hate smart-arsed signatures
Itchy_ring

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2021, 10:37:37 AM »

Heard there is a new saliva test being developed that can show concussion in a very quick and easy way, would be a step forward as you often see football and rugby players get smacked on the head and be passed as ok when it is very difficult to believe.
Jimmy Cooper

The ace face.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2021, 11:05:11 AM »

:alf: :alf: Isn’t that what measures to reduce head risk in sport is about
You asked for views on them, I gave you mine.

"you can take the mail and the franking machine and all that other rubbish I have to go about with and you can stuff them right up your arse!” "

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2021, 01:00:39 PM »

Should be voluntary.

I’d agree with helmets but I don’t want anyone flying round my car cabin in a crash situation
TerryCochranesSocks

Pull your socks up Tel.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2021, 11:04:26 AM »

Voluntary for the driver, compulsory for passengers.

El Capitan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2021, 11:43:20 AM »

Fair enough.

If you carry a card stating you are a “non seatbelter”... just so the NHS know not to waste resources treating you  jc

Rob Nichols ruined my life.
John Theone

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2021, 11:44:50 AM »

Fair enough.

If you carry a card stating you are a “non seatbelter”... just so the NHS know not to waste resources treating you  jc

TerryCochranesSocks

Pull your socks up Tel.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2021, 11:59:43 AM »

Fair enough.

If you haven't got one on in a crash you'll likely be thrown through the window and die, the don't tend to treat you for that.
(I'd always wear a seatbelt btw, but I would support anyone's right to choose not to)

To expand your theme - if fatties get ill they shouldn't be treated by the NHS, smokers shouldn't be treated, people who have been injured playing dangerous sports shouldn't be treated, people who were driving over the speed limit shouldn't be treated, people whose vehicle was overdue an MoT shouldn't be treated etc. etc.

We must protect the NHS.

El Capitan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2021, 12:09:24 PM »

I agree. Fuck off the fat cunt egg chasers  :like:  :bc:

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2021, 12:18:18 PM »

Fair enough.

If you haven't got one on in a crash you'll likely be thrown through the window and die, the don't tend to treat you for that.
(I'd always wear a seatbelt btw, but I would support anyone's right to choose not to)

To expand your theme - if fatties get ill they shouldn't be treated by the NHS, smokers shouldn't be treated, people who have been injured playing dangerous sports shouldn't be treated, people who were driving over the speed limit shouldn't be treated, people whose vehicle was overdue an MoT shouldn't be treated etc. etc.

We must protect the NHS.

Agreed, but the speed limit thing isn't right and how much overweight are we talking about here. What about occasional smoking

Car's MOT'd
Minge

Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2021, 01:16:27 PM »

Why would anyone not want to wear a seatbelt ?
barwickred

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2021, 01:34:34 PM »

The amount of people who have been diagnosed with some form of dementia in relation to heading footballs is still very small in comparison to the numbers who participate in these sports. So why ban it?

The amount of people with alcohol related illness and death i would probably think would be far higher  as a percentage of the population but there not proposing to ban alcohol are they? 

Theres always some fucker trying to win the internet.
El Capitan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2021, 01:36:22 PM »

Because they’re contrary cunts  monkey

towz

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2021, 01:41:21 PM »

Because they’re contrary cunts  monkey

Guilty as charged, also wearing a seatbelt messes up your clothes
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 01:42:56 PM by towz » Logged
TerryCochranesSocks

Pull your socks up Tel.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2021, 02:44:19 PM »

When it was first made law there was a bit of a noise made about potentially being trapped in burning cars by seatbelts, not sure of the reality of that but it was a "thing" at the time.

CLEM FANDANGO

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2021, 06:15:45 PM »

Here is an interesting nugget that I bet you thick twats didn't know.

If you get trapped in your car eg drive into a lake and can't open the door or window to get out.

Take your headrest off and use the metal prongs to smash the window.

You're welcome.

jc

Official COB Prediction League Winner 2017/18/19/20
Official CLEM vs THUNDER Winner 2016/17/18/19/20/INFINITY
COB 2020 Battlenips: PEOPLE'S Champion
Uncle guyguy's Secret Whorehouse

Bugger.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2021, 06:25:02 PM »

If you get trapped in your car eg drive into a lake and can't open the door or window to get out.

You're welcome.

jc

I'd rather drown than take your advice, you sloppy pug.
CLEM FANDANGO

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2021, 06:36:07 PM »

You're welcome.

jc

I'd rather drown than take your advice, you sloppy pug.

At last we agree!

Minge

Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2021, 11:03:57 PM »

Un clipping your belt is second nature, in fact I bet you don’t even know you’ve done it .
So the fear of getting trapped in a burning car is bollox , the first thing you wouldn’t know you’ve done is unclip your belt .
But if your head is on fire, I’d recommend patting that out first
John Theone

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2021, 11:56:54 AM »

You're welcome.

jc

Or you could just wait until the pressure was the same inside and out and open the door normally

« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 03:14:19 PM by John Theone » Logged
Jimmy Cooper

The ace face.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2021, 12:29:48 PM »

Fair enough.

We must protect the NHS.

Not the best line of arguement to take , seatbelts and crash helmets save lives, there is inerent danger in everything, that doesn't mean to say you shouldn't try to reduce risk that is in people's best interests. If you want to suggest it infringes people's civil liberties and the right to choose, then do away with speed limits or any other impediment you don't agree with.

TerryCochranesSocks

Pull your socks up Tel.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2021, 02:16:25 PM »

Fair enough.

We must protect the NHS.

Not the best line of arguement to take , seatbelts and crash helmets save lives, there is inerent danger in everything, that doesn't mean to say you shouldn't try to reduce risk that is in people's best interests. If you want to suggest it infringes people's civil liberties and the right to choose, then do away with speed limits or any other impediment you don't agree with.

Crash helmets can cause injury which is why they are in the process of being redesigned to include the MIPS technology.
A full face helmet offers the most "impact" protection compared to open face, flip front etc.
It also adds weight and restricts vision.
The accidents which result in sliding down the road rather than a dead stop impact can be made worse by the twisting force brought into effect by the helmet's shape and weight.

It is reasonable to suggest that large number of accidents which fall into the "I didn't see it coming" category may have been completely avoided if the motorcyclist peripheral vision hadn't been compromised by their crash helmet.
My experience is the best safety equipment a motorcyclist has is a pair of eyes and a cynical attitude that every other road user is trying to kill you.

John Theone

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2021, 03:16:14 PM »

Fair enough.

We must protect the NHS.

Crash helmets can cause injury which is why they are in the process of being redesigned to include the MIPS technology.
A full face helmet offers the most "impact" protection compared to open face, flip front etc.
The accidents which result in sliding down the road rather than a dead stop impact can be made worse by the twisting force brought into effect by the helmet's shape and weight.

It is reasonable to suggest that large number of accidents which fall into the "I didn't see it coming" category may have been completely avoided if the motorcyclist peripheral vision hadn't been compromised by their crash helmet.
My experience is the best safety equipment a motorcyclist has is a pair of eyes and a cynical attitude that every other road user is trying to kill you.

Can't agree with the peripheral vision argument as most SMIDSY accidents are the cager's fault due to either age or stupidity.

Final point is my mantra whenever I'm out though, except with the extra that they are lunatics out to kill you!

Jimmy Cooper

The ace face.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2021, 05:43:30 PM »

Fair enough.

We must protect the NHS.

They can also cause neck injuries, but in general the benefits outweigh the risks, same with seatbelts. I don't agree with a nanny state, but something's are common sense, I'd put helmets and seatbelts in that category.

John Theone

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2021, 05:44:36 PM »

Stop your ears getting cold as well

Jimmy Cooper

The ace face.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2021, 05:54:09 PM »

Stop your ears getting cold as well

What ,seatbelts do.😍

Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2021, 05:57:38 PM »

It was amazing how quickly wearing a seat belt became a habit.

Oh and not round your ears
Itchy_ring

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2021, 06:22:13 PM »

Not sure it did happen that quickly, just looked it up and apparently it was bought into law Jan 83. I wasn't 17 until later that year and remember driving for a good few years before starting to wear one, pretty sure all my mates were the same, obviously we were the idiot demographic at that age. 
John Theone

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2021, 08:34:36 PM »

Not sure it did happen that quickly, just looked it up and apparently it was bought into law Jan 83. I wasn't 17 until later that year and remember driving for a good few years before starting to wear one, pretty sure all my mates were the same, obviously we were the idiot demographic at that age. 

Well you know who you have to thank for that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6iynaLC5sY&t=1s

:nige:
ccole

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2021, 09:09:07 PM »

How do the stats compare for ex-pro footballers and joe public ?
Itchy_ring

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2021, 09:33:42 PM »

Well you know who you have to thank for that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6iynaLC5sY&t=1s

:nige:

I'd forgotten all about that sick fuck being the face of belting up  klins
TerryCochranesSocks

Pull your socks up Tel.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2021, 10:10:01 AM »

Can't agree with the peripheral vision argument as most SMIDSY accidents are the cager's fault due to either age or stupidity.

Final point is my mantra whenever I'm out though, except with the extra that they are lunatics out to kill you!

I was hit by a BMW being driven by an old cunt, he came at me from the side, I'd have seen him and got out of the way if hadn't had a helmet on. Your peripheral vision is so important on a bike.

First ride to work on the bike this morning. Ten minutes in and the first prick in an Audi attempted to kill me. Looking straight at me, sun behind him, just drove straight out of a junction.
I'd seen the roof of his car over the hedge and thought "He's going a a bit fast towards the junction"
I shaved of 20mph and when he did indeed just pull out, before stopping across my lane, I was able to grab the front brake and, with the help of ABS, get around him.

10 minutes into the first ride of the year.
 oleary

towz

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2021, 10:18:40 AM »

Watch yourself Terry, fucking lethal motorbikes

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2021, 10:33:12 AM »

Fucking bikers
John Theone

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2021, 10:42:55 AM »

Fucking bikers

Bet you're an Audi driving cunt

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2021, 10:59:35 AM »

Fucking bikers

I've had seven of them, I think  :bc:

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2021, 11:02:54 AM »

Had to get the A6 estate in the end because I kept missing the riders with the A4 saloons  rava
TerryCochranesSocks

Pull your socks up Tel.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2021, 12:02:24 PM »

I'll have your fucking mirrors off you cunt!
 mcl

CLEM FANDANGO

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2021, 07:04:48 PM »

Fucking bikers

I like the model they made specifically for cowboys.

The Audi Pardner.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length