Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2021, 03:09:16 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: SIGN UP FOR AN ACCOUNT HERE...

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wheres Bernie  (Read 6766 times)
MF(c) DOOM

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2021, 01:19:49 PM »

What percentage of the uk population are racist, do you think? From Johnson and Prince Phillip and downwards. My serious view is lots of people are racist among peers, as though it’s a badge they need. In the day the same people work with people of all races without any problem.

Maybe only 10% are real racist arseholes
Maybe that question’s too simple to ask, given we all view racism differently. I reckon the majority of Teessiders would use terms which are deemed racist yet only a small minority would treat someone differently based on the colour of their skin. To be fair, you never hear the n word nowadays, whether people choose their audience better is unknown, however, the p word is still heard quite a bit (in my experience). I suppose those words have different origins too, I never understood why the p work was offensive, or more accurately why people allowed it to be.

The world has enough problems without needing racists but they’ll always be there until we (society) gets better at discussing issues with race instead of trying to force multiculturalism on people. If people choose to shout ‘racist’ at everything the communication stops. The more racism goes underground the stronger it will become.

I think most people, if not all, have a bit of racism, prejudice and bigotry about them its just about how you recognise it and manage it. Rightly or wrongly, i think people can draw the distinction between "soft" racism which a lot of us are guilty of and the real malicious unpleasant stuff. I dont think there was ever a witch hunt of the soft racism in here but much of the stuff on the Bruce thread was beyond the pale and should have been stamped on. Most of the posters who featured prominently on that thread have now been banned or set up their own board so hopefully this place can prosper without all that shite.
Block21

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2021, 02:29:12 PM »

What percentage of the uk population are racist, do you think? From Johnson and Prince Phillip and downwards. My serious view is lots of people are racist among peers, as though it’s a badge they need. In the day the same people work with people of all races without any problem.

Maybe that question’s too simple to ask, given we all view racism differently. I reckon the majority of Teessiders would use terms which are deemed racist yet only a small minority would treat someone differently based on the colour of their skin. To be fair, you never hear the n word nowadays, whether people choose their audience better is unknown, however, the p word is still heard quite a bit (in my experience). I suppose those words have different origins too, I never understood why the p work was offensive, or more accurately why people allowed it to be.

The world has enough problems without needing racists but they’ll always be there until we (society) gets better at discussing issues with race instead of trying to force multiculturalism on people. If people choose to shout ‘racist’ at everything the communication stops. The more racism goes underground the stronger it will become.

I think most people, if not all, have a bit of racism, prejudice and bigotry about them its just about how you recognise it and manage it. Rightly or wrongly, i think people can draw the distinction between "soft" racism which a lot of us are guilty of and the real malicious unpleasant stuff. I dont think there was ever a witch hunt of the soft racism in here but much of the stuff on the Bruce thread was beyond the pale and should have been stamped on. Most of the posters who featured prominently on that thread have now been banned or set up their own board so hopefully this place can prosper without all that shite.

Well said mate, we need to forge a new reputation because looking across the internet everyone on this forum is now considered to be a racist which isn't the case
Steve Göldby
Mountain King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2021, 03:16:07 PM »

Cleveland Police know who I am and where to find me. There's nothing to hide and absolutely nothing to worry about.

Just in case...

stevegoldby@metaltalk.net
07835 851361

MF(c) DOOM

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2021, 03:40:14 PM »

Look i have had a bellyfull of your diatribe i have tried to get past the fact i dont like you and i know its the same back.

But you have to and will, stop slating off anything i am connected to. YOU HAVE NEVER EVEN BEEN ON THE OTHER FORUM, what right does that give you to come on here slating and slagging it off?

You have no idea what is on there, what is being said or anything of the ilk you are just "listening" to rumours and putting 2 and 2 together and making 5.

You think the other board just sprung up over night? I have worked my bollocks off for nearly 2 months (long before the banning's and Yusuf things started) to get things up and running to be online just 4 days and people like you, claiming to be Mr Caring and Sharing, Mr Dudley Do Right, already shouting its full of racists and bigots when you have seen nothing of the sort.

Think about your own words and how this kind of BS is affecting that business.

You claim to be the paragon of virtue with your "sensible and rational thinking" yet look at what you are saying and doing about another new forum.

All done by another mouth who is comfortable hiding behind the name MFC DOOM and thinking it gives him the right to post lies and malicious gossip about a forum where the only possible thing you could of read is the blue "front door" not allowing guest viewing before registration......

Steve G my apologies for airing my dirty washing on COB but this can not be tolerated anymore sorry.

That post shows how batshit crazy you have gone. Not slagging off your board at all, never looked at it, not interested in it, and have never commented on the content of it. You either cant read, or you are losing the plot.

In fact the only comment I have made about your board is that i think it will be good for you and good for COB
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 03:44:57 PM by MF(c) DOOM » Logged
MF(c) DOOM

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2021, 04:21:16 PM »

"of the stuff on the Bruce thread was beyond the pale and should have been stamped on. Most of the posters who featured prominently on that thread have now been banned or set up their own board so hopefully this place can prosper without all that shite".

Your words not mine.............

Yes, and those words are accurate? Thats not slagging your board off though. We were having a conversation about racism on COB. I used the bruce thread as an example - Crockets, Bobup etc all featured heavily in that Bruce thread and were banned. Rik and Lids also featured a lot in that thread, think you got yourself onto it twice, and you all have a new board so that hopefully means we now have a lot less chance of seeing that sort of racist shite on COB again.

If you are going to run a tighter ship on your own forum then good luck with it. Liek i said before, its a win win for COB. Hopefully the good posters you have will also continue to post on here
Red Rebel

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2021, 05:18:57 PM »

Bernie me owld fruit. You seem to make a sharp exit when you found out what was going down yesterday.
No doubt you will be laying low for a while. Would you like me to sell you a couple of user names. :ponce:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length