Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2018, 06:53:33 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: TPs Red Army...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Angel - Teardrop  (Read 1048 times)
The Woodwork Teacher

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2014, 06:41:04 PM »

Nearly two decades now, but still nothing makes a car vibrate,  ( musically .. you dodgy fuckers), like Angel or Teardrop. The whole dash wants to fall off. The water bottle vibrates.  They haven't built the speakers* to cater for those two tunes.

*I mean normal speakers in normal cars, not specially adapted motors working youths 'pimp' and 'show' in car parks, with under bonnet LEDs, 4k stereo systems and in built wank-wipe dispensers for when seeing a sparkling cleaner than clean engine top that makes the juices run faster than Reach. 

Love 'em.

And, a confession, I thought Angel was one of MA's female guest singers for a  few moons ..

Mezzanine, still quality.
MsCurly

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 11:02:34 PM »

Absolutely amazing songs, both. Teardrop is one of my funeral songs (already picked out officially).  Never seen MA live yet, but they mostly play festivals these days. I really wanted to see them at Sonar in Barcelona this year, but just couldn't stretch to it.

MsCurly

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 11:07:56 PM »

Meant to say....I seem to remember also thinking Horace was a female all those years back. Adore his voice, particularly in 'Man Next Door'.

Not_Smog
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 12:10:00 AM »

Sorry but one of the most overrated bands ever.
MsCurly

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 07:36:07 AM »

You don't need to be sorry, it's all a matter of taste and there's nothing more subjective than music. I remember hearing Massive Attack doing a live set on Dermot O'Leary's radio show, one Saturday when I driving all the way over to Maryport to do a gig.  I was utterly spellbound and knew I was going to probably love them forever, from that moment on.

Beautiful, multi-layered sounds but always with an underlying edge of intimidation.  Absolute craftsmen to me.

The Woodwork Teacher

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 09:07:57 AM »

If Teardrop, Angel, Unfinished Sympathy et al ain't your thang, then it ain't your thang. I listen to all sorts, practically everything other than Opera ( unless you count the beginning of Faithless' Drifting Away which for some reason I really do like. )

Each to their own..

Beautiful, multi-layered sounds but always with an underlying edge of intimidation
  jc
Tortured_Mind

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 11:42:39 AM »

Theres a name from the past. The last time I saw that bum he was sniffing glue outside HMV over 35 years ago with all the other deadbeats.
Not_Smog
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2014, 11:48:37 AM »

If Teardrop, Angel, Unfinished Sympathy et al ain't your thang, then it ain't your thang. I listen to all sorts, practically everything other than Opera ( unless you count the beginning of Faithless' Drifting Away which for some reason I really do like. )

Each to their own..

Beautiful, multi-layered sounds but always with an underlying edge of intimidation
  jc

See, I don't mind those records but people talk about MA as some sort of super group when in fact they only had 3 or 4 good songs in 5 albums.

LemonTop

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 12:32:57 PM »

I have the mulititrack recording of Teardrop. Listening to the vocal in isolation sends a shiver down my spine...

Critical Bill

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 01:17:37 PM »

Can only recall one of their songs, Be thankful for what you've got. That's just because of the video, too.
BRBahir

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 01:48:26 PM »

Vinny, I guarantee you know Angel and Teardrop. Used regularly as background music in trailers for the type of shite you watch on the telly
MsCurly

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2014, 06:31:00 PM »

I have the mulititrack recording of Teardrop. Listening to the vocal in isolation sends a shiver down my spine...

I'd love to hear that.

BRBahir

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 06:38:20 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7iCmLoFoyA
Want me to wipe your arse?
MsCurly

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2014, 06:42:03 PM »

'This video is not available'

LemonTop

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2014, 06:49:35 PM »

Send me an email address and I'll send you the file
MsCurly

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2014, 07:34:20 PM »

BRBahir has already kindly offered via PM, thank you Lemon Top.

Such nice boys here on CoB, despite the reputation.  jc

Not_Smog
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2014, 07:56:36 PM »

Until you open the download and its a picture of Bill with a 12" black dildo up his arse 
ron_manager

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2014, 07:58:58 PM »

I do very much like the Jose Gonazalez version. One of the few covers that is equal to the original in my mind.

Outstanding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B-h1EEsKDA
MsCurly

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2014, 08:24:32 PM »

Until you open the download and its a picture of Bill with a 12" black dildo up his arse 

Well, I'm a fairly liberal minded girl.

MsCurly

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2014, 08:42:44 PM »

I've listened to it and yeah it's great but to be honest it didn't reveal anything I didn't already know about Liz Fraser's vocal on that track.  I've listened to that song so many times I know every note and inflection. She really is superb. Black Milk is another of my faves off Mezzanine, her voice is so haunting and beautiful.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length