Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2019, 08:42:56 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: A NEW ERA IS HERE...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hines needs to be dropped  (Read 785 times)
proletarius
« on: December 01, 2012, 11:44:22 AM »

He's going to cost us promotion (or a chance of it).

If Woodgate and Williams are not fit, move Friend inside and play the very impressive Halliday at left back. Bikey made a few errors last night, the penalty was criminal, extremely naive defending. However King's second was partly because he'd already moved right to cover Hines who as usual was out of position.

He's simply not good enough.

See also Smallwood, I can't fathom how he gets near the side.

As a side note, Bailey was dire last night, beyond terrible.
Not_Smog
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 04:31:40 PM »

Eh?

Their first goals was Bikeys fault, we know he's got that in him. Second was Jason Steel's fault. I'd have saved that. Final goal was the fault of the player who passed it to King when we had most of the team in advanced positions trying to win the game.

Hines didn't have a great game but he was not at fault for any of the goals, not at all.

proletarius
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 05:08:28 PM »

Eh?

Their first goals was Bikeys fault, we know he's got that in him. Second was Jason Steel's fault. I'd have saved that. Final goal was the fault of the player who passed it to King when we had most of the team in advanced positions trying to win the game.

Hines didn't have a great game but he was not at fault for any of the goals, not at all.

It's never that simple, Josh game the ball away for the third goal, but if  Bailey (who was awful) and the centre backs had done their job, it would have been no big deal. Hines was pulled right by a run, total school boy. Bikey pulled in to cover for him and king pulled to his right out left, by that time Bikey was out of position, covering for Hines. He's awful.
Pile

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 06:22:22 PM »

Hines has been terrible this season, which is a real shame as I thought he showed a lot of promise last year.

His positional sense and inability to clear the ball beyond the edge of our box is shocking.

To be fair to capio, he called it last season. I disagree at the time and bought we had an ample replacement for bates, how wrong I was. Having said that, hes a fourth/fifth choice centre back for a skint championship club so maybe I'm expecting too much.

I think bikey, woodgate, Williams and friend would start before him but unfortunately two of them are permenantly fucked.

History teaches us that we learn nothing from history.
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
I wash myself with a rag on a stick

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 06:58:00 PM »

I'm not one to jump on a players back but I'm another that think Hines is utter gash. 1 player I would quite happily see shot off. Defence always looks a lot poorer for having him in it. Every single match when he gets the ball he does his stupid dink forward to the oppositions defence which I'm guessing is his idea of being a skillful centre back.
Although Bikey should have known better than to make that daft challenge, as has been mentioned, we all knew he had that in him & has been a much better player than I thought he was & has done far more good than bad.
Not_Smog
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 07:04:32 PM »

Hines is fine for 4th choice center back. Just another boo boy also see Hoyte.
Bud Wiser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 07:07:00 PM »

How can Hines be expected to perform consistantly.

He has to work with varying partners and is in & out the team wether he plays well or not.

He's FIFTH choice and knows it, so we'll all have to keep powder dry until Williams or Woodgate are ready to return.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
I wash myself with a rag on a stick

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 07:18:31 PM »

He does perform consistantly, consistantly poor. Not sure he does believe he's fourth or fifth choice though, wasn't he accusing Mogga of being disrespectful to him not so long ago for picking other players ahead of him.
As I say I don't normally slate individual players, I even mentioned a while ago when I thought Hines had a bit of a better game than he normally does, but I really think he's poor & will end up costing us more points than any 1 player should do.
MF(c) DOOM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 11:00:11 PM »

Is it just me who thinks he's done ok for us?

I think fans need to latch on to players to give some grief too. Hines is the latest target. last year was Steele and Hoyte.

He's decent enough
smogmonster1973

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, 11:17:17 PM »

Is it just me who thinks he's done ok for us?

I think fans need to latch on to players to give some grief too. Hines is the latest target. last year was Steele and Hoyte.

He's decent enough

In the air hes pretty good. But his reading of the game isnt great.
Tbh if we want to go up we need a better centre half but hes done ok
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length