Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2019, 03:11:42 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: A NEW ERA IS HERE...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: well done mfc  (Read 1137 times)
Pile

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2012, 01:02:35 PM »

The club have invited 250 members of the Yorkshire Regiment and their families to the game, including serving soldiers, veterans and cadets.
Both Middlesbrough and Sheffield Wednesday players will honour those who sacrificed their lives in service of their country by wearing special shirts carrying a commemorative poppy.
And to mark the occasion, the decision has been made to take the unique step of naming the North Stand The Yorkshire Regiment Stand for the night.
Special signage will be erected inside the stand and the military contingent will be seated together, all wearing uniform to create an eye-catching visual spectacle.

Cleveland Army Cadet Force will lead a parade before a period of silence is observed ahead of the game in tribute those who lost their lives fighting for their country in the two World Wars and all conflicts since.
Middlesbrough born and bred Private James Rose, who lost both his legs in a bomb blast in Afghanistan in 2009, will deliver the match ball to the referee just before kick-off. It will be a proud moment for the lifelong Boro fan.

Boro hope the events will unite both sets of supporters, as the Yorkshire Regiment - which was formed in 2006 from regiments including The Green Howards - recruits from both Teesside and South Yorkshire.

Chief executive Neil Bausor said: "Middlesbrough Football Club has enjoyed a special relationship with The Green Howards over many years and we're delighted this bond is continuing under the regiment's new form.
"We hope all supporters in the stadium will join together to give our special guests the welcome they deserve on Friday."

Mr Bausor said the club will be inviting soldiers currently serving in Afghanistan to a future game once they have returned from their tour of duty.
"We know how much our many, many fans in the military miss coming to games, especially when they are serving our country overseas," he said.

"This is just a small gesture from the club to thank the men and women of our armed forces for the many sacrifices they make on our behalf and to show them how much their support is very much appreciated, even when they are far away."

A commemorative programme has been produced for the match, featuring a cover created by the club's artist-in-residence Richard Piers Rayner, whose graphic novel Road To Perdition inspired a Hollywood blockbuster starring Tom Hanks.
There will be a bucket collection ahead of the game for the Yorkshire Regiment Benevolent Fund.
a nice gesture in my opinion.

hopefully there'll be a good crowd appreciate it.

History teaches us that we learn nothing from history.
ron_manager
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 01:40:31 PM »

An exellent gesture for deserving people. jc
robbso
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 01:48:10 PM »

I wonder if some brave soul will get close to the pitch and start shouting, baby killer etc at them.

Doubt it somehow monkey
Nilgredo Mido

The Beast of COB

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 02:15:18 PM »

No doubt Westy will be drooling over the Borors gesture.  :Westy

Though he wasnt that pro soldiers when he was letting  :wanker: say he had no sympathy for Soldiers killed in Ahganistan last remberence Sunday.  souey

We surrounded ourselves with Spaniards and Hispanics and it was beautiful as I learned a lot more from defeats than victories
KrisG...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 02:30:54 PM »

Great gesture and i will be proud to be there and witness it!
Pile

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 02:39:31 PM »

i might have to dig my veteran's badge and medals out.

Critical Bill

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 02:40:37 PM »

Bring back the Bugler!
Flyers Nap

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 02:41:41 PM »

Girl Guides does not count
Pile

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 02:49:13 PM »

:basil:

i'm sure my sewing badges will impress someone.

MADMICK_

Well done PRICK

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 03:14:22 PM »

One man's insanity is another man's genius; someday the world will recognize the genius in my insanity.
aytonstrummer

the future is unwritten

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2012, 03:19:25 PM »

I wonder if some brave soul will get close to the pitch and start shouting, baby killer etc at them.

Doubt it somehow monkey

someone might pay a kid 50p to do it...........................  :chrisk:

there is only one way of life ....... your own
Nilgredo Mido

The Beast of COB

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 03:30:46 PM »

Doubt it somehow monkey

someone might pay a kid 50p to do it...........................  :chrisk:

This fucking fanny wont  :wanker:

We surrounded ourselves with Spaniards and Hispanics and it was beautiful as I learned a lot more from defeats than victories
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
I wash myself with a rag on a stick

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012, 04:05:31 PM »

Might sound a bit of a thicko here but who is the  :wanker: smiley?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length