Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 17, 2018, 02:16:57 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: TPs Red Army...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dornel Skin Care - Northridge - Granada Hills, CA  (Read 203 times)
Neversay88
« on: October 08, 2012, 05:04:34 PM »

My mom is a regular at Dornel, and I've gone with her a couple of times.  The place is a Korean skin care center, so don't expect opulence or ambient music, and do count on Korean food smells from take-out lunches.  If you go in knowing that you aren't going to be pampered with non-kimchi aromatherapy, you'll be happy with your facial.
The process is very relaxing and lasts around two to two and a half hours.  Since I've gone with my mom and the staff is small, I've also had to endure a bit of waiting around on the massage bed, which isn't bad with a book.  The beds are not the most comfortable, but they're fine and nice enough to fall asleep in.  I always fall asleep.  The women here have skilled hands, and any part of the facial that involves a little massage is heavenly.  The facial does involve an uncomfortable mask that stays on for a long time, so that is when I suggest a light doze.  At the end of the facial, they zap your zits, which is painful,Korean Skincare, and stretch out your arms and give you a quick back rub.  Alas, my second time here, they forgot this last part and left me feeling a bit deprived.
I'm not an expert in facials, but I think that Dornel's are helpful.  My skin feels much better afterwards.  My mom, who's gone several times, has noticed an improvement in her general skin tone and will continue to go.  I'll tag along now and then, when my skin needs some help.
The price at Dornel is pretty hard to beat.  The lengthy facial costs $60, and includes an eyebrow and upper lip wax.  I have no complaints about the eyebrow wax, and I got my mustache waxed for the first time here - a sad day, as you can deny a mustache as long as you don't get it removed.  If you buy a pack of ten facials, you get them even cheaper - I believe it's between a 10% and 20% discount.
If you're used to getting facials at only the finest most luxurious establishments, I wouldn't suggest Dornel.  If you just want a nice, competent facial for a bargain price, definitely check this place out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length