Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2019, 09:41:12 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: BORO 14/1 TO WIN THE 2019/20 CHAMPIONSHIP HERE...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: all hospitals,doctors, nurses, paramedics shite  (Read 1159 times)
vits

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2006, 10:45:13 AM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6040838.stm

Sorry, personal bugbear and I got no-one at home to shout at. If the majority of trusts are doing poorly, how can that be down purely to the management at each one? Bit of a coincidence that. Is it not more likely that whoever is i charge overall is a bit crap?
vits

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 10:45:54 AM »

Shit sorry thought the last one hadn't posted.
A Cam Goes Wandering
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 10:49:28 AM »

Nothing to do with 1948 model of healthcare in 21st century then?
vits

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 10:53:32 AM »

Possibly, scarily I think the 1996 model was better.
A Cam Goes Wandering
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 10:55:53 AM »

Was that the get more managers model or let's spend even more money on stuff model?
BORO1876

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 10:59:42 AM »

Those nurses need to be payed more.I had an accident on my scooter and they were fantastic,i left looking like this  much to my mates` merryment in the boozer.

vits

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 11:02:19 AM »

Those nurses need to be payed more.I had an accident on my scooter and they were fantastic,i left looking like this  much to my mates` merryment in the boozer.
Agree, think junior doctors start on too much, I were on 15 grand a year when I started, most start  on 30+ these days.
vits

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 11:30:45 AM »

Was that the get more managers model or let's spend even more money on stuff model?

I remember the get rid of the managers plan, who would have thought we needed so many assistant managers to replace them.
A Cam Goes Wandering
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 11:37:11 AM »

I remember the get rid of the managers plan, who would have thought we needed so many assistant managers to replace them.
But it does at least allow medical staff to deal with patients... Doesn't it?
Fly me to the smog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006, 11:39:32 AM »

My wife is a doctor, and I can assure you she is not SHITE.   

And she brings home lots of bacon. 

vits

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2006, 11:49:28 AM »

But it does at least allow medical staff to deal with patients... Doesn't it?

Not as well as you'd think, from an A&E perspective, we've got this four hour wait rule, which I think for the majority of people is a reasonable expectation, folk should be seen fairly quickly.
However when people are sick as fuck they can't always be moved in that length of time and some don't have appropriate beds to go to needing special monitors or ventilators and that. We can do all that shit in A&E and if they can't get it upstairs it's more appropriate to be around staff who can work the machines and react to any changes. But then we get constant phinecalls from 3 and a half hours onwards to try and get them moved instead of the managers trying to find a bed for the poor sods.
Last night pushed a patient myself to theatre on account of no porters, where he was put on a ventilator on account of no ITU beds.
Overheard a conversation last week between a nurse and a manager about whether a patient' cancer was terminal or not in the hope that if it was terminal we could stop treating him and put him into a bed to die. It wasn't, we didn't he got better.
However common misconception all managers are evil, they are just working to a given remit. Given many of them trained at British gas or whereever they aren't really aware of what's being done. Given the NHS is the third largest employer in the world, setting up our own management training diploma with input from management and clinicians doesn't seem that bad an idea to me.
jasboro
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2006, 11:50:42 AM »

White coat lots of bacon mmm?  Are you sure she is not a butcher?  monkey
vits

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2006, 11:51:11 AM »

My point was that we can't all be shite, it must be the system that's fucked.
Unless she's a psychiatrist they are all shite, I'm dead if Mrs Vits reads this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length