Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2019, 02:29:07 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: A NEW ERA IS HERE...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, would you rather have:  (Read 798 times)
Blacky

Still Lookin' Good To Me

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2006, 08:32:38 PM »

A foreigner, who, while well.... foreign and a bonkaholic offered a guaranteed trip to the quarter finals.

Or

An Englishman, who, while well.... English and.... erm.... umm.... ahh....

?

You will worship no other God but me.
BorosToplessBus
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 08:36:25 PM »

Bit early to say yet isn't it?

Although IF England fail to clear the hurdle of this weak group.................................

Who knows.
Blacky

Still Lookin' Good To Me

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 10:15:57 PM »

Bit early to say yet isn't it?

Although IF England fail to clear the hurdle of this weak group.................................

Who knows.

You'll take my point though, BTB. Anyone who thinks that the passport of a manager is the be all and end all is barking up the wrong tree.

A nice, proper English tree like an oak or something.

You will worship no other God but me.
SteveG
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 11:30:02 PM »

Having a non-English person in charge of England is just absolutely and completely wrong.

If you're going to do that, you may as well let Scots, Irish and any other fucking nationality play in the England team. 

It's complete anathema to the whole idea of international football. 
Toby

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 11:32:01 PM »

Having a non-English person in charge of England is just absolutely and completely wrong.

If you're going to do that, you may as well let Scots, Irish and any other fucking nationality play in the England team. 

It's complete anathema to the whole idea of international football. 

Do you think that should apply to every international country? Like, do you think there should be a rule that you must be born in the country you manage?
SteveG
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 11:53:43 PM »

Do you think that should apply to every international country? Like, do you think there should be a rule that you must be born in the country you manage?

I'm not sure about that. I can only speak for England really.

I think it's great for 'third world' football nations to can get some big name in to help them develop but we are England.

When we got in a Swede in, it just made us look totally stupid. It may not have been that well documented but the French, Italians and Germans really had a field day. It was a horrible scenario and one that I hope is never repeated.

This will make no difference at all to the situation, but if England ever get another foreign manager, my support ceases, straight away.

International football is nationalistic by it's very nature and there's no place for non-English people in the England team.     
Toby

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 12:01:03 AM »

I'm not sure about that. I can only speak for England really.

I think it's great for 'third world' football nations to can get some big name in to help them develop

OK, that's the bit I just wanted to clarify
jasboro
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 09:44:14 AM »

International football is nationalistic by it's very nature and there's no place for non-English people in the England team.     

Like Owen Hargreaves you mean?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length