Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2022, 07:13:30 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: SIGN UP FOR AN ACCOUNT HERE...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chris Wilder as his focus is on first Middlesbrough win  (Read 1137 times)
headset

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2022, 07:43:38 AM »

Chris Wilder entertained no talk of the past or of Sunday's clash with Sheffield United meaning more, as he was tunnel-visioned and business-like in his preview of Middlesbrough's latest Championship game..

Quietly inside he will want to beat them the will be no doubt about that.... and not just for the three points.

all players & managers will always have that burning desire to beat the team they once played for or in Wilder's case managed - it's only human to feel like that but equally not to boost about doing so in public.

It is a tough one for us today whilst we might still be understrength in numbers - we have to make the most of our home games..

it went off a touch last time out - so it might get a bit feisty/tasty if the BBC decides to turn up monkey

joking to one side another big crowd expected - I'm going off the scale or thinking outside the box if you like with a 3-1 Boro home win to kick start our march up the championship table

Keep it loud & proud south stand!

OH WILDER SAID !!!

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chris-wilder-history-not-important-24750487
Bill Buxton

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2022, 02:11:50 PM »

Already 1 down after 3 minutes. I have grave reservations about Wilder.
Bill Buxton

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2022, 02:18:32 PM »

Good lad Chuba !!!
Bill Buxton

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2022, 03:36:35 PM »

Ah well.
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2022, 04:43:36 PM »

Never mind Bill, maybe we will lose next game, hopefu you will feel better.
Bill Buxton

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2022, 04:55:17 PM »

Well done Chuba. A player Wilder was all for discarding. Three goals now.Iím not sure Wilder knows his arse from his elbow.
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2022, 05:00:58 PM »

Chuba was loaned out well before wilder was here Billy lad. Chris gave him a chance
Bill Buxton

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2022, 06:20:27 PM »

Itís no secret Wilder wanted him gone. Just read Wilders comments on the BBC website. He really canít speak in sentences at all.
Bud Wiser

Bausor & Scott OUT!!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2022, 08:12:19 PM »

Itís no secret Wilder wanted him gone. Just read Wilders comments on the BBC website. He really canít speak in sentences at all.

Correct. He did. And what difference would a battering ram like Ikpeazu have made today instead of the anonymous Forss?

Bill Buxton

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2022, 08:19:23 PM »

I think Forss is powder puff. No impact at all.
plazmuh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2022, 01:20:22 PM »

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/2022/august/16/pre-match-press--stoke-city/

:like:
calamity

Crabamity

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2022, 01:23:07 PM »

We'll get a good bumming tonight, it's not that we are a bad side per se, it's just a tough set of fixtures to start and we are currently midtable at best. But then what do you expect when you sell your best two players, lose some of the better players from last year to expiring loans and then "shop" in the bargain bucket.
Bill Buxton

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2022, 08:08:33 PM »

Now losing 1:0 . So brittle away from home. Defence is shite,and Wilder hasnít got a clue.
calamity

Crabamity

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2022, 08:21:42 PM »

Was there a foul in the build up?

Boro all over them here.
calamity

Crabamity

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2022, 08:25:05 PM »

Whatmore!

Boro dominating here and with a proper forward would be well ahead.
calamity

Crabamity

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2022, 08:30:30 PM »

Keeper having a rough game, I'll be generous and say he's "nervous"
Bill Buxton

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2022, 08:32:46 PM »

I think he needs to toughen up. The Championship is a physical League.
calamity

Crabamity

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2022, 09:22:48 PM »

Whatmore again. Nothing positive to say Billiam?

Could be a competitive side with a forward or two in addition.
calamity

Crabamity

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2022, 09:30:17 PM »

Giles is some player, far better option than anything we have had since early Downing/Johnson
Bill Buxton

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2022, 09:38:20 PM »

But as usual we have thrown it away with utter shite defending.
calamity

Crabamity

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2022, 09:41:42 PM »

There he is, not interested when we were winning. It was nothing to do with defending, it was a mistake in midfield.

:dftt:
Bill Buxton

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2022, 09:42:21 PM »

Eight goals conceded in four games. They simply do not know how to defend.Clueless.
Bill Buxton

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2022, 09:50:04 PM »

Stoke looked a really poor team. We look like we could concede a goal every time the defence  is put under pressure. We are conceding far too many goals. Goalkeeper looks very dodgy. Itís no good going forward if your back door is wide open. Another poor result for Wilder.
Bud Wiser

Bausor & Scott OUT!!!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2022, 09:56:21 PM »

There he is, not interested when we were winning. It was nothing to do with defending, it was a mistake in midfield.

Yet its ok for you to post this...

We'll get a good bumming tonight, it's not that we are a bad side per se, it's just a tough set of fixtures to start and we are currently midtable at best. But then what do you expect when you sell your best two players, lose some of the better players from last year to expiring loans and then "shop" in the bargain bucket.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 09:58:18 PM by Bud Wiser » Logged

Bill Buxton

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2022, 10:03:23 PM »

We are looking at going into September with no wins.Iím sure Incey will be looking at the video of tonightís game and rubbing his hands in glee.
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2022, 10:28:59 PM »

Hard again Bill? You were so close to not having a wank rava
Bill Buxton

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2022, 08:33:18 AM »

Midget scores a header between two six foot defenders. What a joke Boroís defence is. Wilder is an inarticulate clown.
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2022, 08:44:23 AM »

I bet you were buzzing when that midget scored Bill. You would have done your usual disappearing trick otherwise. :steptoe:
calamity

Crabamity

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2022, 08:53:31 AM »

Did you have a bit of difficulty understanding what I wrote, and then comparing it to what I said about Bill. Your point is nonsensical.

I gave an opinion, which turned out to be wrong, I didn't hide from that and start gloating when the 3 points were lost.

Bill on the other hand only gets involved when things are going wrong, he never gives credit where it is due, and takes delight in the negative, which is my point.

Pretty sure you can see that if you read things again.

For what it is worth my original point still stands. Stoke were poorer than expected, but we really lacked a focal point for the attack. Until we fix that we are mid-table, because we won't put games to bed. We have some very good players in midfield, and the wide areas, and they put some top quality balls into the box. Whatmore did well, but he cannot carry the team alone.

plazmuh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2022, 03:33:39 PM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1560252344427757569

plazmuh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2022, 03:36:03 PM »

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/2022/august/17/match-report---stoke-city-2-boro-2/

Bud Wiser

Bausor & Scott OUT!!!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2022, 06:05:33 PM »

Did you have a bit of difficulty understanding what I wrote, and then comparing it to what I said about Bill. Your point is nonsensical.

I gave an opinion, which turned out to be wrong, I didn't hide from that and start gloating when the 3 points were lost.

Bill on the other hand only gets involved when things are going wrong, he never gives credit where it is due, and takes delight in the negative, which is my point.

Pretty sure you can see that if you read things again.

For what it is worth my original point still stands. Stoke were poorer than expected, but we really lacked a focal point for the attack. Until we fix that we are mid-table, because we won't put games to bed. We have some very good players in midfield, and the wide areas, and they put some top quality balls into the box. Whatmore did well, but he cannot carry the team alone.

Yet you seem to take issue with someone who's views differs to yours. Using words like "takes delight" when his opinions show signs of fruition. Thankfully, not every Middlesbrough fan is indoctrinated by BBC Tees & Gazette sycophancy.
Incidently, we didn't sell our best two players at all. Spence contributed nothing to MFCs 21/22 season whereas Tavernier was inconsistent throughout. As for losing some of our better players through loan endings, only Sporar came close to contributing anything, thats unless the totally ineffective Ernal Hernandez, James Lea Siliki, Folarin Balogun or Aaron Connolly rocked your boat?

calamity

Crabamity

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2022, 07:52:03 PM »

Isnít that what a discussion is? Or are we all just here to blow smoke up each otherís arses. Tell me where or how my issue is wrong? I called him out because for large parts of the game boro weíre good, yet not a peep. Then as soon as it goes wrong he pops up again. Whether you agree with the term ďtaking delightĒ or not itís accurate here under the commonly accepted meaning.

As for the players Spence was arguably our best player without playing for us, followed by Tav. Thatís why theyíve gone for the big bucks. As for the loanees; Balagoun, Connelly and Sporar played a lot for us, and despite them not being great they were some of our better performers. Thatís nearly half a team gone and as of yet not fully replaced or improved on.
Bud Wiser

Bausor & Scott OUT!!!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2022, 06:28:49 AM »

Isnít that what a discussion is? Or are we all just here to blow smoke up each otherís arses. Tell me where or how my issue is wrong? I called him out because for large parts of the game boro weíre good, yet not a peep. Then as soon as it goes wrong he pops up again. Whether you agree with the term ďtaking delightĒ or not itís accurate here under the commonly accepted meaning.

As for the players Spence was arguably our best player without playing for us, followed by Tav. Thatís why theyíve gone for the big bucks. As for the loanees; Balagoun, Connelly and Sporar played a lot for us, and despite them not being great they were some of our better performers. Thatís nearly half a team gone and as of yet not fully replaced or improved on.

Am I opposed to disagreements? Absolutely not. I just don't get why its usually perceived negativity that gets challenged rather than rose tinted, blind optimism.

Just to add, last seasons "better performers" were the consistency of McNair, Djiksteel and Howson, the quality of Tavernier and Fry, the emergence of Jones and the £750 grand bargain that was Crooks  - and thats without including the great contributions of Coburn, Watmore & Bamba. No loanees would get a look-in there, but thats just my opinion, of course.

calamity

Crabamity

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2022, 12:39:52 PM »

Am I opposed to disagreements? Absolutely not. I just don't get why its usually perceived negativity that gets challenged rather than rose tinted, blind optimism.

Just to add, last seasons "better performers" were the consistency of McNair, Djiksteel and Howson, the quality of Tavernier and Fry, the emergence of Jones and the £750 grand bargain that was Crooks  - and thats without including the great contributions of Coburn, Watmore & Bamba. No loanees would get a look-in there, but thats just my opinion, of course.

I don't think there is or was any blind optimism in here, definitely not from me. I hope I'm a realist. Bill on the other hand would apparently rather shave his old chap with a rusty blade than give any credit.

I didn't see many games last year, mostly on TV, and agree with a few of the players above. Connolly might have been an ambitious claim by me. One thing does stick out though and that is how inconsistent most of our players are, including the better performers. We don't have many, if any, constant 7s, which I think is critical for promotion.
plazmuh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2022, 04:49:52 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfHdXr9yvss

plazmuh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2022, 07:21:51 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VJ5z0s5nss

headset

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2022, 09:46:49 AM »

That's my boy plaz - keeping the COB posters and its many lurkers in the loop about the mighty Boro :like:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length