Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 17, 2022, 05:58:17 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: SIGN UP FOR AN ACCOUNT HERE...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brits face triple whammy of financial misery with rising interest  (Read 398 times)
headset

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2022, 06:21:37 AM »

rates, soaring energy bills and runaway inflation...

HARD-PRESSED families face a Black Thursday of financial misery today with a triple whammy of rising interest rates, soaring energy bills and runaway inflation.

I'm fairly comfortable in life myself - that said I've/we've (the Mrs) worked for the privilege.

we still have family not so lucky  to feel the same way - so I still feel the pinch that way

I do feel these rises are out of touch with reality - two more big increases to come will hammer some folk..

so i am behind any drive to get these energy prices reduced sooner rather than later...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/19411704/households-face-rising-interest-inflation-jump-energy-hikes/
Bernie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 10:04:27 AM »

I'm in the same boat as you.

That said, a lot of those who say they are struggling still seem to have money to spend on takeaways, pets, holidays etc. I think some financial coaching on how to budget would benefit some people. These prices rises are unlikely to be reversed anytime soon, if at all.
headset

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 02:12:23 PM »

I'm with you on that bit about plenty who plead poverty when they get enough they just spend it on the wrong things. Lack of budgeting skills as you say or plain ignorant of what's important in a household.

I'm thinking more on those just starting out etc and the lowish paid but still set the alarm each day for work..

not the out and out tapping anything for free twats.
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2022, 08:32:07 PM »

There are working class lads and lasses working 40 hours a week for 9 to 11 quid an hour. in fact they are the majority of the workforce. Not everyone is a tradesman or a manager. They struggle to make ends meet as it is, they live in debt because that's the only way they can afford cars and household appliances on top of bills and food. This cost of living  crisis will drive many to rap in and claim benefits. The upcoming recession will make things worse.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 08:34:38 PM by Robbso » Logged
kippers

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2022, 04:50:37 PM »

I'm in the same boat as you.

That said, a lot of those who say they are struggling still seem to have money to spend on takeaways, pets, holidays etc. I think some financial coaching on how to budget would benefit some people. These prices rises are unlikely to be reversed anytime soon, if at all.

I just spent a week at a holiday site in the lake district and the money on overpriced drink and food was flowing. By the way, do you have any idea the cost of shit in the lakes. Fooking pub sarny was 10 and standard pretty much everywhere .
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2022, 05:03:54 PM »

Maybe they scrimped and saved to have a week away, maybe they all use COB and are minted, are you saying the cost of living crisis isn't real because you saw people having a good time and spending money on holiday 
kippers

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2022, 05:59:39 PM »

I would say that the vast majority have less disposable income than a few months ago. Finding an extra 200 a month for fuel is doable for most. Some will suffer though.

But go easy on life's little luxuries, like takeaways and nights out for now and you will get by.
   However, the pubs are rammed and takeaways cant make enough.
kippers

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2022, 06:01:47 PM »

Hang on a minute though.....

Get rid of the scumbag Tories and get labour in to sort out !!!

Is that better?
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2022, 06:57:02 PM »

Not this Labour Party, the whole political system in this country is fucked. There is no solution when Westminster is full of career politicians and liars.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 06:59:21 PM by Robbso » Logged
kippers

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2022, 08:15:03 PM »

I dont think it is.

We live in a country where a leader can be forced to resign if the need arises.  What more do you want?

It's so damn easy to say politicians are liars if you dont agree with their opinion and rule. Personally, I chose to live my life with as little politics in it as possible. I find that the negativity of blaming someone for their own failings quite sad.
  We are all responsible for our own lives.
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2022, 08:27:01 PM »

They govern us whether you like it or not. The labour party should be miles ahead in the opinion polls, they aren't because they are shit with a terrible leader.

We live in a country where a leader can be forced to resign if the need arises.  What more do you want?

I gather that's a poor attempt at a windup lost
Bob End and his Sexy Bitch

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2022, 10:06:00 PM »

I would say that the vast majority have less disposable income than a few months ago. Finding an extra 200 a month for fuel is doable for most.

Fuck me  souey
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2022, 11:06:51 PM »

If you're struggling Bob, kips might be able to help you out charles
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length