Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 19, 2022, 03:31:18 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: SIGN UP FOR AN ACCOUNT HERE...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Are you up for safe standing?  (Read 148 times)
Ben G
Mountain King

View Profile WWW
« on: July 05, 2022, 04:39:23 PM »

I think that the South Stand should be.

Personally, I’ve done my time on the terraces and wouldn’t fancy going back.

Very nearly a serious crush at Darlo away in 86/87. Only a miracle prevented real injuries. The Police totally abandoned their posts after the game and the crush to get the gates open was very scary.

Tory Cunt
Bob End and his Sexy Bitch

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2022, 04:54:20 PM »

I'm not going back standing. I know we all stand at away matches and if a match gets half decent, but I'm cracking on and my back knacks  souey souey
BMX Bandit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2022, 05:01:12 PM »

I've seen videos of it at man u's stadium and to me it looks like you'd be penned in. You still have a seat which folds back against the wall, in front of you there is a barrier as well as a barrier behind you. There is no way they will open safe standing without these barriers as the drop in rows is far too high.

If you remember the Holgate, the drop in rows was an inch in height, which was easier to navigate around.

Current stadia cannot ever go full on standing unless they demolish and rebuild the stand.
Bob End and his Sexy Bitch

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2022, 07:24:23 PM »

They had it at Stuttgart, all those years ago. Worked fine.
MF(c) DOOM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2022, 07:28:36 PM »

Im for safe standing but against drinking at your seat. I like a pint, and am often pissed at the games but if you allow pints at your seat it will be like being in a mosh pit everytime a goal is scored.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length