Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 17, 2022, 05:14:39 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: SIGN UP FOR AN ACCOUNT HERE...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: LIV golf/golfers....good or bad  (Read 419 times)
Pigeon droppings

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2022, 01:27:33 AM »

Some of them have been paid 120M - 150M JUST FOR TURNING UP!

A lot of the golfers that were invited, seem to be approaching the twighlight years of their careers, or are usually "also rans" who haven't won much of significance, and likely never will.

I can relate to them wanting a huge pay off before they retire.......ala Alen Bocksic, but they've done it by biting the hand that feeds them!  The PGA made them who they are!  This is a Kerry Packer golf tournament!

So they play in the LIV, and LIV doesn't turn out the way Greg Norman wants it to and folds as a tournament.......then what?

No PGA.......no LIV....and they can't go back to playing amateur once you've played pro!

NONE of the TV broadcasters have signed up to this....thats why its only on youtube, on LIV's own youtube channel!

I watched a little bit of it out of curiousity, but the commentators were dull and uninteresting, so I turned it off again!

Sorry but it's a NO from me! :unlike:
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 06:09:32 AM by Pigeon droppings » Logged
calamity

Crabamity

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2022, 09:26:29 AM »

The PGA is a monopoly, a nasty one at that. They are at least partly responsible for stymying the development of the game, and tours, in other locations. Anything that pisses them off is a good thing in some regards.

On the other hand the LIV thing and Saudi involvement is a hard one to support.
Bob End and his Sexy Bitch

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2022, 12:04:13 PM »

I watched a little bit of it out of curiousity, but the commentators were dull and uninteresting,

At least they accurately represented the proceedings
MF(c) DOOM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2022, 07:30:18 AM »

Greedy bastards, plain and simple. Fuck me, even the 100th ranked golfer who will have won fuck all gets a million a year, you get good pay for missing the cut! Top 20 have all wone 5 mill a year and thats purely prizemoney, they have endorsements on top of that. Phil Mickelson has has a net worth of 300 million because of his PGA career. When you have 300 million what more could you possibly need?
Bob End and his Sexy Bitch

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2022, 08:21:40 AM »

301M, idiot
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length