Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2022, 03:54:13 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: SIGN UP FOR AN ACCOUNT HERE...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Empire nightclub introducing fingerprint ID  (Read 431 times)
headset

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2022, 03:40:40 PM »

not a bad idea - given all the bad reports and trouble it seems to be getting.

it was a cracking place back in the day off your nut on the 'e'

it goes to show how things have taken a turn for the worse from the 80s/90s.

it was the 'e' and dance scene that put a stop to a lot of footy violence back in the day - or so I'm told

I don't think the doo gooders ever twigged on about that-------------------------- and put it down to all-seater stadium monkey

i hope things calm down with the new empire measures - you don't want to see anyone stabbed - that is well out of order from the young lot...

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/empire-nightclub-introducing-fingerprint-id-23988829

Squarewheelbike

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2022, 04:42:06 PM »

it was the 'e' and dance scene that put a stop to a lot of footy violence back in the day - or so I'm told

I don't think the doo gooders ever twigged on about that-------------------------- and put it down to all-seater stadium monkey

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/empire-nightclub-introducing-fingerprint-id-23988829

Looking back I reckon it was a combination of the two, TBH. Loved up and no way of all bunching up and lurking in the shadows out of site of the CCTV. Add to that the CCTV becoming digital and making ID so much easier.
Squarewheelbike

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2022, 04:42:21 PM »

Looking back I reckon it was a combination of the two, TBH. Loved up and no way of all bunching up and lurking in the shadows out of site of the CCTV. Add to that the CCTV becoming digital and making ID so much easier.

Yea! Double post, not had one of them for a while!
headset

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2022, 05:12:19 PM »

yes maybe so - plenty at the time could not afford the two football & nightclubs - so the rave/dance/e scene won on a lot of occasions... so many lads coupled with what you say knocked the footy on the head rather than risk jail on the clampdowns.

it's on its way back with the younger lot - maybe coke-fueled but also those who like a scrap as many did years ago - maybe it's a cyclic thing.

the cops daren't get stuck in the doo gooders have made sure of that - that i will say
MF(c) DOOM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2022, 12:30:13 PM »

yes maybe so - plenty at the time could not afford the two football & nightclubs - so the rave/dance/e scene won on a lot of occasions... so many lads coupled with what you say knocked the footy on the head rather than risk jail on the clampdowns.

it's on its way back with the younger lot - maybe coke-fueled but also those who like a scrap as many did years ago - maybe it's a cyclic thing.

the cops daren't get stuck in the doo gooders have made sure of that - that i will say

Not sure that is true. I grew up in the rave culture and violence was still rife, maybe not so much at rave events but late 80s and 90s scrapping in and around town was routine. I have mates with lads at that age now and they reckon trouble is much less as everyone knows everyone through junior footy and social media
headset

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2022, 09:14:16 AM »

Not sure that is true. I grew up in the rave culture and violence was still rife, maybe not so much at rave events but late 80s and 90s scrapping in and around town was routine. I have mates with lads at that age now and they reckon trouble is much less as everyone knows everyone through junior footy and social media

I'm with you on scraping has gone on for years and will go on for years both in town centers and also at football matches on a weekend. (not glorifying footy violence) just stating my thoughts.

I'm not close enough to town center/nightclub violence these days other than when I read papers or what you see online - from the outside it just appears more 'tools' are used these days over past years being the only difference IMO. as you saying the scraping has always been there to some etent and always will be

i would argue that plenty of lads I knew in the past did walk away from football for the rave scene not all but plenty did up and down the country. The stats and experts tended to agree when ive read articles etc

I hope fences don't come back into football but i think it's a big problem emerging.

todays lot seem to want to have a pop at the players which i find crackers really ... yesteryears it was fan on fan violence liked ot not

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length