Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2022, 07:02:30 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: SIGN UP FOR AN ACCOUNT HERE...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chris Wood to Newcastle  (Read 429 times)
headset

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2022, 07:10:54 AM »

It might secure their premier league future if he can chip in with 3 or 4 winning goals in this second half of the season. Him leaving Burnley has weakened them probably more than he has strengthened Newcastle as crackers as that might sound.

That said he is no mug as a big target man. They have got him in - in time for Watford at the weekend that is one hell of a six-pointer and one the Geordies for me cant afford to lose.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17292910/newcastle-chris-wood-burnley-striker-medical/
Winston

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2022, 09:58:03 AM »

He’s scored 3 goals for Burnley this season

I doubt they will miss him much
Itchy_ring

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2022, 10:41:48 AM »

I was surprised his overall record is as good as it is, that said, last 18 months he's dropped off a bit, hopefully he only manages a couple of goals for the rest of the season 
headset

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2022, 04:06:49 PM »

let's hope you 2 are right over me. I think he will do ok with them he normally hits 10 or so a season and he is only halfway in. they only need a few wins against the right teams and they will be safe.

He will do well if they drop - so they will have taken that into account.

The is not a cat in hell's chance even with the money they have - will they have been able to bag a sharpshooter in this window with relegation hanging over them.

Dyche normally works his magic in the 2nd half of the season so Wood will be a big miss for them
Itchy_ring

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2022, 04:12:16 PM »

That's the thing, Dyche is a very clever operator, wouldn't be selling to a direct rival unless he thinks there's a good reason.
headset

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2022, 04:19:47 PM »

From what I can gather itchy

the release clause price was only set in stone for a summer transfer window, not a January one which i can understand - they triggered it through Kieran Trippier agent leaking the details and the Burnely owners went for the bait and flogged him. To bag the 20 million im guessing.

Technically Burnely could have said no until the summer for example. So somethings away whether Dyche had any say in it i don't know - this all came out on Talksport
Ben G
Mountain King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2022, 04:27:32 PM »

£25 million?

That is insane.

Tory Cunt
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length