Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 01, 2021, 08:02:40 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: SIGN UP FOR AN ACCOUNT HERE...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stockton globe struggling already  (Read 1088 times)
Bernie

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2021, 09:30:16 PM »

What a fucking surprise……….

Saw this coming from day one. The acts are second or third rate and the prices are mental for one of the poorest parts of the country. The tax payer will lose millions when it shuts.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/comedians-selling-out-globe-ticket-21776276?fbclid=IwAR2nln0njXYAlEK1K7InCWpHMdUvajg5xNTEFAjyWSy5iYdZsZMY4hv3bOE#comments-wrapper
Tortured_Mind

JUST HEARD HE NEVER MADE IT

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 09:39:12 PM »

COULD THEY CONVERT IT INTO SOMEWHERE FOR HOLDING ASYLUM SEEKERS ???   :pd:

Theres a name from the past. The last time I saw that bum he was sniffing glue outside HMV over 35 years ago with all the other deadbeats
Bernie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 09:46:13 PM »

COULD THEY CONVERT IT INTO SOMEWHERE FOR HOLDING ASYLUM SEEKERS ???   :pd:

Stranger things have happened TM.
Squarewheelbike

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2021, 10:49:04 PM »

I was sounded out about a job there when it was announced they were re-jigging it, was invited up, given the grand tour and told things were moving quickly and it was a highly ambitious project to fill the gap for a major venue between Leeds and Newcastle/Sunderland. Then heard nothing for a long time!
Pigeon droppings

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2021, 08:10:33 PM »

Wow....headhunted to be the new bog attendant!  :like:
Squarewheelbike

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2021, 11:33:42 AM »

Wow....headhunted to be the new bog attendant!  :like:

Usually better pay and conditions than Technical staff!

Looking at programme it's pretty much same old, same old as a lot of ATG venues, with notable exception of Nick Cave! Getting bigger names on shouldn't be the problem, ATG usually find somewhere to fill dates on tours. Downside is location, days of bands turning up with backline and plugging into house system are long gone, and this place is a one truck at a time town centre load in and if I remember correctly once the kit is in the building is where the real headaches will start. It is a lovely old place and it's good to see it being put to its original use but a new build on an out of town brownfield site would have been a far better option. I might even have applied for toilet attendent!
Bob End and his Sexy Bitch

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2021, 10:05:25 AM »

I've had a long weekend away in London; I return as boss and Lord of All I See today to be greeted by a splendidly blocked ladies' bog that no-one else has been able to dislodge. Happy days
Bernie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2021, 10:20:36 AM »

I've had a long weekend away in London; I return as boss and Lord of All I See today to be greeted by a splendidly blocked ladies' bog that no-one else has been able to dislodge. Happy days

Is this in your house?  klins

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2021, 11:46:39 AM »

Office  :alf:  We don't have Ladies and Gents at home 
Snoozy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2021, 10:35:07 PM »

Office  :alf:  We don't have Ladies and Gents at home 

With that mantrap of a bog seat in your bathroom that is defo the ladies and I’m yet to find the gents in your house  :unlike:

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2021, 10:55:21 PM »

I piss in the bath. It’s safer
Snoozy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2021, 11:00:15 PM »

I piss in your sink and use your shaving brush for titillation
Winston

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2021, 09:11:35 AM »

It must be hard for event organisers to book acts durin this pandemic

Nick Cave looks the one I'd go to
Bernie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2021, 09:41:38 AM »

It must be hard for event organisers to book acts durin this pandemic

Nick Cave looks the one I'd go to

I think it's been and gone. A couple of days beforehand they slashed the ticket price to try to get bums on seats - which understandably pissed off people who had paid full price.

Now people are saying they won't buy tickets for future events just in case the prices get slashed again.  lost

People running it are clowns.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2021, 12:21:24 PM »

I piss in your sink and use your shaving brush for titillation

Yellow beard, like I've been to Mecca
Bernie

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2021, 01:13:51 PM »

Just seen a post from them on FB

Are you a Local Hero? 25% off for teachers, social care workers, prison officers, armed forces and ‘blue light’ professionals.

Only applies to certain shows, but another sign that it's not going as planned. Local council tax payers have put over 20 million into this.............
Winston

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2021, 02:26:30 PM »

Just seen the Waterboys played last night.

I still have a few of their albums which are really good, this is the sea is probably my favourite

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2021, 03:02:23 PM »

Are you a Local Hero? 25% off for teachers, social care workers, prison officers, armed forces and ‘blue light’ professionals.

Only applies to certain shows, but another sign that it's not going as planned. Local council tax payers have put over 20 million into this.............

Giving discounts to these people is a bad thing? Many businesses do that.
Bernie

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2021, 08:33:41 AM »

Giving discounts to these people is a bad thing? Many businesses do that.

Only gig venue i've heard of doing it.
Squarewheelbike

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2021, 10:20:21 AM »

It's ATG, now the biggest mover and shaker in British theatres/venues since Clear Channel took a step back. They will no doubt have various options on what to do with the venue after a fixed term. Theatre wise it's up against Sunderland Empire, the nearest No1 touring venue, and Darlington Civic a well established and successful smaller venue catering largely for the middle aged, middle classes. From what I remember of the tour I was given off the place, the venue size is good but location and access bad. First priority would've been electrics, then flying and rigging with load bearing of the grid the main thing, even with no flys you could still happily spot line any trussing toured in, so plenty of rock n roll, but not much else. I reckon ATG will have an option of about three years to see what they can do with place, either make a proper go of it or sell off to another operator like HQ. Be interesting to see what happens, but it won't be quick!
calamity

Crabamity

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2021, 10:54:28 AM »

It's ATG, now the biggest mover and shaker in British theatres/venues since Clear Channel took a step back. They will no doubt have various options on what to do with the venue after a fixed term. Theatre wise it's up against Sunderland Empire, the nearest No1 touring venue, and Darlington Civic a well established and successful smaller venue catering largely for the middle aged, middle classes. From what I remember of the tour I was given off the place, the venue size is good but location and access bad. First priority would've been electrics, then flying and rigging with load bearing of the grid the main thing, even with no flys you could still happily spot line any trussing toured in, so plenty of rock n roll, but not much else. I reckon ATG will have an option of about three years to see what they can do with place, either make a proper go of it or sell off to another operator like HQ. Be interesting to see what happens, but it won't be quick!

This was your moment, and you TOOK it  :alastair:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length