Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2021, 09:32:11 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: SIGN UP FOR AN ACCOUNT HERE...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: national anthem - food for thought.  (Read 441 times)
headset

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2021, 08:05:39 PM »

and flying the flag. counselors in Oldham want schools to sing the national anthem and have the flag fly at the school. I can only say why not and if its successful role itout throughout UK schools. it will help put some pride back into the country from a young age

I'm not big into politics but it will be interesting to see if this gets approvel....

Some of the lefties would be outraged if it happened mind you...monkey

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9965107/Councillors-plan-Oldham-schools-picture-Queen-Union-Jack-national-anthem-practice.html#comments

MAKE IT HAPPEN I SAY....:ukfist: :ukfist:
Uncle guyguy's Secret Whorehouse

Bugger.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 08:17:00 PM »

That's not food for thought, it's just a slowly leaking rectum that will require adult nappies in the very near future.
Ben G
Mountain King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2021, 09:57:50 PM »

Jesper Olsen up the arse ?

Tory Cunt
Squarewheelbike

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2021, 10:13:37 PM »

If you bother to do a bit of research, you can find out why flags are flown on certain public buildings on certain days. It been going on for a long, long time and has its basis in centuries old tradition. Still, doesn't stop your average RWNJ fuckwit getting their knickers in a twist about some fictional left wing conspiracy fueled by the self interest of news and media companies with their own twisted agenda devoted to nothing but profit!
MF(c) DOOM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2021, 10:30:45 PM »

Our national anthem is shit. Dirge of a tune and it immediately alienates the majority the nation who either don't believe in God or are republicans. We need something much better than if.
Squarewheelbike

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2021, 02:11:22 AM »

Our national anthem is shit. Dirge of a tune and it immediately alienates the majority the nation who either don't believe in God or are republicans. We need something much better than if.

Well when we have a Queen, summat by Queen-obviously! Not Bohemian Rhapsody though, that's nearly as long as a South American national anthem. When she pops her clogs and we get Charles, then Love and Pride by King, simple!
headset

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2021, 04:06:54 AM »

monkey

Square

Whilst I wouldn't be against it - it was a tongue-in-cheek posting - as it stands the is a lot more local councils and governments need to be concentrating on before they start putting their efforts into something like that.

first time I've been called a RWNJ monkey  I will take it due to the fact a did vote tory this time round.

I'm not bright enough to talk politics, other than to say the is long way back for labour both locally and nationally. Beat the labour drum as much as you like.. It will be one hell of a long time before the red flag is flying high again... If you think any other then more fool you on that topic.

At a guess, it will be another 10/15yrs before Labour even start to make a dent into the countries minds again. Never mind winning an election.

The good thing is I admit to knowing fuck all about politics - so the is a chance I could be wrong!
Bernie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2021, 08:10:20 AM »

Incorrect. It's soul stirring and is instantly recognisable the world over.
SuperBok

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2021, 02:23:13 PM »

The only bad thing about the national anthem is when the england football team now mumble through it or dont sing it at all

the video of Shearer / adams / ince / pearce etc in euro 96 is how it should be done.

annoys me immensely.

MF(c) DOOM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2021, 08:55:25 PM »

Only 27% of the UK believe in God, 40% of the UK do not support having a monarchy. So its a hard song for a lot of people to have any enthusiasm for. Need an anthem more people can buy into.

I would have this tune,  maybe get someone to add some stirring words

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OV8t3jA-krc
Ollyboro
Mackems existing: When political correctness goes mad

Infant Herpes

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2021, 09:53:28 PM »

As far as I'm concerned, everybody should stop whatever they're doing, at 12pm everyday* and sing the National anthem.
However, the National anthem should be changed to If The Kids Are United by Sham 69. Imagine it: Pogoing with a pensioner outside Wetherspoons.

*Unless you're masturbating, obvs.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 09:56:33 PM by Ollyboro » Logged

I know where you live
headset

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2021, 07:37:10 AM »

WHEN ITS BELTED OUT LOUD AND PROUD AT SPORTING VENUES - I LIKE IT

I ALSO LIKE THE SONG THEY SING AT THE CRICKET - AND THE RUGBY SONG - SWEET CHARIOT

I MUST BE EASILY PLEASED ...
Bernie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2021, 08:48:26 AM »

Only 27% of the UK believe in God, 40% of the UK do not support having a monarchy. So its a hard song for a lot of people to have any enthusiasm for. Need an anthem more people can buy into.

I doubt many people believe that Middlesbrough FC are the finest team in football the world has ever seen either, but they still sing it!
Squarewheelbike

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2021, 04:55:04 PM »

I doubt many people believe that Middlesbrough FC are the finest team in football the world has ever seen either, but they still sing it!

Strong sense of irony!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length