Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2021, 09:07:03 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: SIGN UP FOR AN ACCOUNT HERE...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Social Dilemma ( on Netflix)  (Read 392 times)
Clive Road

Easy now

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2021, 11:01:31 PM »

Have anyone seen this?

I’m genuinely not one for getting too wide eyed about the state of affairs but if you have kids who have smart phones/use social media then I strongly suggest that you watch this with them.

I had an inkling of the tactics social Media use, but when you hear the extent they go to hook you in. Then the statistics running next to it ( teenage self harm, suicide rates going through the roof)

Seriously, watch it.....

Up yours
CLEM FANDANGO

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 11:47:44 PM »

A kid in my son's school killed herself last week and another 13 year old did in a neighboring school the week before.

oleary

Official COB Prediction League Winner 2017/18/19/20
Official CLEM vs THUNDER Winner 2016/17/18/19/20/INFINITY
COB 2020 Battlenips: PEOPLE'S Champion
Jimmy Cooper

The ace face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 12:39:10 AM »

Have anyone seen this?

I’m genuinely not one for getting too wide eyed about the state of affairs but if you have kids who have smart phones/use social media then I strongly suggest that you watch this with them.

I had an inkling of the tactics social Media use, but when you hear the extent they go to hook you in. Then the statistics running next to it ( teenage self harm, suicide rates going through the roof)

Seriously, watch it.....

The internet is a great learning and entertainment  tool, it's also a terrible social platform. Television for the millennium.

"you can take the mail and the franking machine and all that other rubbish I have to go about with and you can stuff them right up your arse!” "
calamity

Crabamity

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 07:00:04 AM »

It's going to be a struggle to drag kids away from the internet after lockdown in the UK. This extended period at home will change a generation, or generations, depending on how they are split up.
Clive Road

Easy now

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 07:32:16 AM »

Have anyone seen this?

Seriously, watch it.....

The internet is a great learning and entertainment  tool, it's also a terrible social platform. Television for the millennium.

The programme touched on how Facebook has added to the Political division in American Adults. For example, it will have worked out what preferences are and then your feed becomes dominated by similar threads which compound and further ‘views’. You won’t get shown the opposing view point. Of course, most adults will ( I hope) realise what is happening and back away but there will be a significant amount that don’t realise and their views become more extreme. This was happening to both Democrats and Republicans.
They again had statistics about the hate developing between opposing political views, years ago people may have disagreed with each other but this was out and out hate, to the point they wouldn’t  tolerate each other, lose friends over it. It was filmed before Capitiol Hill,I believe.

Up yours
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2021, 10:23:42 AM »

Face book has its uses, how many people has it granted medical degrees to in the last 12 months alone
Jimmy Cooper

The ace face.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2021, 10:44:55 AM »

Face book has its uses, how many people has it granted medical degrees to in the last 12 months alone
I can't believe people use it for anything other than getting in touch with family and friends.

"you can take the mail and the franking machine and all that other rubbish I have to go about with and you can stuff them right up your arse!” "
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2021, 10:49:22 AM »

It saves going to uni and medical school for years
TechnoTronic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2021, 12:07:52 PM »

I can't believe people use it for anything other than getting in touch with family and friends.

Don't forget taking the piss out of your mates tea pictures.

Social Media just gives everyone a voice in any matter.

Any Netflix or Twitter trained medical experts on my Facebook instantly get told that they have no fucking clue.

Then the doyles that share any old shite get their post replied to with facts.   The excuse is always Oh I just shared it, yes that's why you are part of the problem dumb fuck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length