Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 26, 2021, 12:42:30 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: GET READY FOR THE PROMOTION PUSH...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: OLD SKOOL BORO LADS....  (Read 6218 times)
ZmB
« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2021, 10:15:52 AM »

MY MATE SPANKY HAS PHOTO SHOPPED 77 LADS TOGETHER... A LOT WHERE AT HIS 60TH... 18 MONTHS BACK.... THE ONES WHO HAVE PASSED ARE IN THE CLOUDS  👍

SOME RIGHT CHARACTERS AND HARD KNOCKS IN THIS PHOTO  😉

IM IN THERE WHITE RL POLO TOP IN WITH PINT IN HAND... NOT A GREAT PHOTO BUT PROUD TO BE IN IT  👍

A FEW ON ERE WILL KNOW A LOT OF THE LADS.... HE'S PRINTING 77 COPIES OFF FOR ALL THE LADS  👍

It oozes class this 👏

Would make a lovely mouse mat 👍

Doesn't it just?

I was thinking one of those china plates from the franklin mint - the kind they used to advertise in the back pages of the News Of The World.

"The hardmen of Teesside. Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity to own what is sure to become a family heirloom. Each plate has been individually hand crafted in finest taiwanese pottery by the internationally reviled artist Po-Kum Hahd. But hurry, we can't make this offer for long. To secure your piece of Teesside history, fill out the coupon now. Just £9.99 a month for 372 months."

Spot on 🤣

If cringe was a photo this would be it 👍

Basically a collection of scum 😄
livefastdieyoung

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2021, 10:18:02 AM »

I'm not sure you'll catch much on here using that bait. Not subtle enough. Try harder.

Sid Sid Sid
ZmB
« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2021, 10:20:02 AM »

I'm not sure you'll catch much on here using that bait. Not subtle enough. Try harder.

Sid Sid Sid

Just my opinion fella (sid sid sid)
Wee_Willie

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 13, 2021, 10:21:30 AM »

One of the cup finals in London when we played Chelsea. Either league cup or fa cup not the ZDS.

Spooky as I was with Laxy and Baco before the 88 Chelsea play offs and the same thing happened.
livefastdieyoung

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 13, 2021, 10:30:19 AM »

One of the cup finals in London when we played Chelsea. Either league cup or fa cup not the ZDS.

Spooky as I was with Laxy and Baco before the 88 Chelsea play offs and the same thing happened.

Dunno mate, I read it as one of the recent cup finals. Lids will be able to answer if he was there. I was only 9 in 88 so hadn't laced my gloves up yet ha ha

Sid Sid Sid
Wee_Willie

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2021, 10:40:49 AM »

Dunno mate, I read it as one of the recent cup finals. Lids will be able to answer if he was there. I was only 9 in 88 so hadn't laced my gloves up yet ha ha

Sid Sid Sid

It wouldn't surprise me like as Laxy et al lived in London fir years so probably had scrapes at many Boro games down there. To be fair, what I witnessed was old school boys not looking for bother, just handy lads looking after themselves after being attacked
TerryCochranesSocks

Pull your socks up Tel.

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2021, 10:42:01 AM »

At the ZDS final weekend me and a mate were getting dog's abuse in the Punch and Judy in Covent Garden from about ten or so Chelsea hoolies. It looked like we were about to get a hammering when about a dozen Boro lads came in, not youngsters, not exactly what you'd call "athletic" either but proper old school hard looking bastards.
They gave these Chelsea lads a couple of slaps apiece, literally threw them out of the place and declared it a Boro pub. It was fucking hilarious.

I fuckin' hate smart-arsed signatures
Itchy_ring

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 13, 2021, 10:42:22 AM »

I used to go to away matches from the late 70s onwards and I remember some of the faces. It is nostalgia and a part of the working class antiestablishment sub-culture. Not everyone's cup of tea even at the time but for a good % of Boro fans at the time it was. Not condoning football hooliganism either.

I know one is very senior in an engineering company and obviously others have turned out well. Kudos to them.

Spot on there  :like:

V6

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 13, 2021, 10:51:18 AM »

Carnage at the ZDS final tho remember walking down the stairs at half time and it was like a wild western every fucker knocking hell out of each other  :nige:
livefastdieyoung

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2021, 10:58:36 AM »

Carnage at the ZDS final tho remember walking down the stairs at half time and it was like a wild western every fucker knocking hell out of each other  :nige:

Yep, my old man diverted us to another set of bogs for our half time pisses after ending up in the.middle of some of that bother on the concourse. First time I'd really seen any trouble like that before. Probably the most vivid memory I have of the whole match which was totally forgetabble otherwise.
LEON TROTSKY

I'M LOOKING FOR SERENDIPITY......

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2021, 11:15:54 AM »

Some familiar faces from my own youth there.

I REMEMBER A LOAD OF CHELSEA PILING OFF A BUS  WHEN THEY SPOTTED A LOAD OF BORO DRINKING OUTSIDE A BOOZER IN LONDON BEFORE THE CUP FINAL..... QUITE A FEW FAMILIES THERE.... BUT THEY WAS ABOUT 10 OF THESE LADS THERE TOO.... CHELSEA HEADED TOWARDS THE BORO LOT EXPECTING THEM TO SCATTER  🤓

WAS THE OTHER WAY ROUND.... BACO LAXY AND COMPANY HAD THE CHELSEA CUNTS ON THERE TOES  👍👊👍

Happened a lot over the years that. We'll never see those days again and probably for the best but I'm glad I experienced it.

Mido

Which game was that?

FA CUP GAME 👍

PEACE & GOOD WILL TO ALL MEN..... KEEP THE FAITH.... ✊
V6

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2021, 11:55:59 AM »

Yep, my old man diverted us to another set of bogs for our half time pisses after ending up in the.middle of some of that bother on the concourse. First time I'd really seen any trouble like that before. Probably the most vivid memory I have of the whole match which was totally forgetabble otherwise.

i was with my best mate we were 15 at the time mental times but as i was staying in London afterwards i got the tube back to waterloo with my grandad  :meltdown: and it was full of chelsea scumbags and every time i moved an inch on the tube this huge bastard moved the inch till i was squashed by the window  :nige:
TerryCochranesSocks

Pull your socks up Tel.

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2021, 12:10:14 PM »

jc

I fuckin' hate smart-arsed signatures
Jimmy Cooper

The ace face.

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2021, 02:49:07 PM »

That picture captures the last of the old industrial Teesside , white working class that some on here sneer at as racists and xenophobic .They were the hardcore  Ayresome lads who stood on the holgate and followed the team away in vans and cars, the generation of fickle Riverside fans who moan  about the current status of the club could learn a lot from them.

"you can take the mail and the franking machine and all that other rubbish I have to go about with and you can stuff them right up your arse!” "
LEON TROTSKY

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2021, 02:54:01 PM »

That picture captures the last of the old industrial Teesside , white working class that some on here sneer at as racists and xenophobic .They were the hardcore  Ayresome lads who stood on the holgate and followed the team away in vans and cars, the generation of fickle Riverside fans who moan  about the current status of the club could learn a lot from them.

👍👍👍

YES MATE.... BAM BAM  ERNIE RAGBO AND TONKA  WILL BE TURNING IN THEIR GRAVES 🙄

nekder365

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2021, 02:56:49 PM »

Good post...

Sold down the river
Scream till they hear you....
El Capitan

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2021, 02:58:15 PM »

Yeah... Boro fans didn’t moan in the 80s 

Rob Nichols ruined my life.
LEON TROTSKY

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2021, 03:04:53 PM »

HOW WOULD YOU KNOW.....

YA WERE IN YA DAD'S BAG  👎🙄👎

El Capitan

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2021, 03:06:24 PM »

The chicken run  jc

El Capitan

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 13, 2021, 03:07:44 PM »

Anyway will you answer my question on the other thread 

Is spanky the one with the tache, surname W

nekder365

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 13, 2021, 03:08:02 PM »

The chicken run  jc

Yeah whatevs...... The 1 in yer dads allotment .........................

Sold down the river
Block21

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 13, 2021, 03:09:26 PM »

👍👍👍

YES MATE.... BAM BAM  ERNIE RAGBO AND TONKA  WILL BE TURNING IN THEIR GRAVES 🙄

I knew bam bam and the lad who took him to games (john) very well  :like:
Jimmy Cooper

The ace face.

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 13, 2021, 03:12:48 PM »

They had a lot to moan about,  you weren't there so you wouldn't know. For those who moan about gibbo (peace be upon him) I give you  Charlie Amer.
When we were growing up in the seventies, we used to talk about winning the pools, not to get big houses and flash cars, but to buy the Boro of Amer. Gibbo has realised a generations dream. ♥️
 Little story for you, my sister and her husband were at Birmingham in 1975 in the fa cup when we got  beat, a old gadgie, flat cap and mac was in tears, he said I'm 78 years old and this was my last chance to see them get to Wembley, I'll be dead before they get this far again.That was the Boro of old.

"you can take the mail and the franking machine and all that other rubbish I have to go about with and you can stuff them right up your arse!” "
El Capitan

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 13, 2021, 03:15:09 PM »

Little story for you, my sister and her husband were at Birmingham in 1975 in the fa cup when we got  beat, a old gadgie, flat cap and mac was in tears, he said I'm 78 years old and this was my last chance to see them get to Wembley, I'll be dead before they get this far again.That was the Boro of old.

You weren’t there so you wouldn’t know 

Block21

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 13, 2021, 03:15:17 PM »

They had a lot to moan about,  you weren't there so you wouldn't know. For those who moan about gibbo (peace be upon him) I give you  Charlie Amer.
When we were growing up in the seventies, we used to talk about winning the pools, not to get big houses and flash cars, but to buy the Boro of Amer. Gibbo has realised a generations dream. ♥️

Fucking despise those that slate Gibson, I wasn't around in those days but ive done my history and listened to my old man and his old man about the boro, we are lucky to have gibbo, there's a thread over the road slating him. Never sits well with me.
Jimmy Cooper

The ace face.

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 13, 2021, 03:19:38 PM »

Not at that game, I was too young according to me mam., was at the Boro though.
Your grandad wasn't there either,  he was spending his money buying up houses to start the slumlord business you inherited.😍

El Capitan

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 13, 2021, 03:20:27 PM »

Gibbo is a Boro legend. Fuck knows where we’d be right now without him.

We certainly wouldn’t have had the amazing memories either... around 1996 to 2006 must the best decade in the club’s history, and we were lucky enough to witness it

Bernie

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 13, 2021, 03:23:20 PM »

Gibbo is a Boro legend. Fuck knows where we’d be right now without him.

We certainly wouldn’t have had the amazing memories either... around 1996 to 2006 must the best decade in the club’s history, and we were lucky enough to witness it

True....but it's a bit sad knowing that our best days are behind us and all we have to look forward to is an occasional cup run  oleary

Join The Campaign To Get LITTLEJOHN a Knighthood.
El Capitan

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 13, 2021, 03:28:49 PM »

Your grandad wasn't there either,  he was spending his money buying up houses to start the slumlord business you inherited.😍

WTF 

Your craic is still fucking dire, cardigan.  charles

V6

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 13, 2021, 03:35:25 PM »

i say that to my lads now and i'm only in my 40s  :nige: :nige:
nekder365

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 13, 2021, 03:37:22 PM »

i say that to my lads now and i'm only in my 40s  :nige: :nige:

Like it.....

Sold down the river
El Capitan

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 13, 2021, 03:37:34 PM »

monkey

Jimmy Cooper

The ace face.

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 13, 2021, 03:39:39 PM »

WTF 

Your craic is still fucking dire, cardigan.  charles
I don't have a cardigan ...yet😃
There was a post on one of the Astra zeneka threads where you said you grandad bought four terraced house s for 9k,  want me to post it.😄

El Capitan

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 13, 2021, 03:52:16 PM »

I think he has to die before I inherit that life changing portfolio 

LEON TROTSKY

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 13, 2021, 03:54:03 PM »

YEAH THAT'S THE ONE.... GOT 6 MONTHS FOR BREAKING A LEEDS FANS JAW OUTSIDE THE RIVERSIDE FOR SINGING BORO ARE ALL NAPPY RIPPERS.....

HE WON'T BE DOING THAT AGAIN 🤓🤓🤓👎

Jimmy Cooper

The ace face.

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 13, 2021, 03:59:02 PM »

Normally yes but it can be passed on before death to avoid death duties, no flies on that old Rackman.£££'s😄

El Capitan

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 13, 2021, 04:00:54 PM »

Normally yes but it can be passed on before death to avoid death duties, no flies on that old Rackman.£££'s😄

I’ll have to mention that to him 

El Capitan

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 13, 2021, 04:03:13 PM »

YEAH THAT'S THE ONE.... GOT 6 MONTHS FOR BREAKING A LEEDS FANS JAW OUTSIDE THE RIVERSIDE FOR SINGING BORO ARE ALL NAPPY RIPPERS.....

Went to school with his lad. Think that pic was taken in NZ  :like:

Jimmy Cooper

The ace face.

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 13, 2021, 04:07:00 PM »

who, spanky or the leeds fan.

Atomic Dog

Bow Wow Wow

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2021, 04:29:30 PM »

👏👏👏👏 Well said Sir some cracking Lad's on there,

Know a good few of them.

Gotta love the irony of the snipe's . . . Either know fuck all about The Boro, not from The Boro.

Or both.

nekder365

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 13, 2021, 04:30:21 PM »

👏👏👏👏 Well said Sir some cracking Lad's on there,

Know a good few of them.

Gotta love the irony of the snipe's . . . Either know fuck all about The Boro, not from The Boro.

Or both.

Like it Dog....

Sold down the river
LEON TROTSKY

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 13, 2021, 04:35:35 PM »

HIS SON HAD A HEART LAST WEEK.... HE'S NOW THANKFULLY RECOVERING AT HOME IN NEW ZEALAND 👍

maggiethatcherrulesok

WLM

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 13, 2021, 04:37:38 PM »

Was just about to say that capitan.

Yup not sure when he went grey.  Hadn't seen him for years.

Heard the other day that his lad who you went to school with has had a bad turn in new Zealand.  Not sure if true or not

WLM
maggiethatcherrulesok

WLM

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 13, 2021, 04:40:35 PM »

Ahh.   Cheers lids.

WLM
maggiethatcherrulesok

WLM

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2021, 04:49:42 PM »

When his son was at junior school.   He was taking the piss out of some kid about his clothes.   The school phoned spanky.  Who reacted by going out and buying his son exactly the same clothes and making him wear them for a week  mcl

That's proper parenting for you!!

WLM
LEON TROTSKY

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 13, 2021, 04:53:27 PM »

When his son was at junior school.   He was taking the piss out of some kid about his clothes.   The school phoned spanky.  Who reacted by going out and buying his son exactly the same clothes and making him wear them for a week  mcl

That's proper parenting for you!!

👍👍👍

THAT'S PAUL  👍

El Capitan

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 13, 2021, 05:26:24 PM »

HIS SON HAD A HEART LAST WEEK.... HE'S NOW THANKFULLY RECOVERING AT HOME IN NEW ZEALAND 👍

Bloody hell, wasn’t aware of that  lost

LeeTublin

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 14, 2021, 06:49:38 PM »

Had few days away and working my way through the posts. So lets get this right Liddle has been threatening Bernie for years. Now he has his name and address and hes been no where near ? 
Bernie

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 14, 2021, 06:57:54 PM »

Had few days away and working my way through the posts. So lets get this right Liddle has been threatening Bernie for years. Now he has his name and address and hes been no where near ? 

Got it in one  :like:

Join The Campaign To Get LITTLEJOHN a Knighthood.
BoroPE

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 14, 2021, 07:37:25 PM »

At the ZDS final weekend me and a mate were getting dog's abuse in the Punch and Judy in Covent Garden from about ten or so Chelsea hoolies. It looked like we were about to get a hammering when about a dozen Boro lads came in, not youngsters, not exactly what you'd call "athletic" either but proper old school hard looking bastards.
They gave these Chelsea lads a couple of slaps apiece, literally threw them out of the place and declared it a Boro pub. It was fucking hilarious.

The ZDS was a great weekend. I hired a car with the lads and drove to London on the Saturday morning. Had no hotel or anything booked and we walked in and out of scruffy B and Bs in Victoria trying to get a room. We saw a pub full of lads and i said keep your heads down lads they might be Chelsea. As we where in another hotel sorting a room a lad stood across the doorway outside and said in a cockney accent "where you from lads" ? Our arses fell out and i thought weve been here 5 minutes and we are dead already. Then he burst out laughing and said were Boro come and have a drink lads. Turns out one lad in the pub recognised my mate and sent this lad over to wind us up. Had a great day and night. We where supposed to meet up with loads of Boro at the Globe on Baker Street morning of the match but as we got near we realised it had been taken over by Chelsea so sharply made an about turn heard they where out for us after what happened in the Play offs. Even heard of Redcar casuals battling with Boro lads ,crazy times but great to look back on.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length