Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2020, 10:04:31 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: GET READY FOR THE PROMOTION PUSH...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nice parting words from Aynsley Pears  (Read 334 times)
Gramsci

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2020, 05:57:46 PM »

:like:

“Whenever I was playing football when I was younger, my dream was always just to play a game for Middlesbrough. I’ve had to rethink that now because I’ve done it.

“I don’t know if people know it but I was a mascot for the Youth Cup final. There’s a picture of me and Tony McMahon, it’s me and Mark Proctor’s son, Josh. I was the mascot for that, I went to Eindhoven, I went to the Carling Cup final. When my dad was the goalie coach I must have went to every home game for 10 years.

“My dream was to play one game for Boro. To do that - and 20 odd more, honestly it just means everything to me.

“The fans were singing to me, ‘He’s one of our own’. It’s funny, when I hear that song or You Are My Boro or the others I can’t help but sing it. When I’m on the pitch and I can hear them singing and the ball is down the other end, I sometimes just join in. I can’t help myself. I grew up singing those songs.

“When you look at those pictures celebrating with the fans after a win, you realise how amazing it is. It’s actually hard to take in at the time, but for that 10 or 20 seconds you feel on top of the world. But you can’t let yourself get too high or too low, because there are dark times as well. There are times when the fans won’t be singing ‘he’s one of our own’, they’ll be singing something completely different!

“But I do appreciate that. For me, being a fan, even if I just heard that once, it’s so special.”
Pile

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 06:02:42 PM »

It’s a shame there aren’t more like him football. :like:

History teaches us that we learn nothing from history.
Itchy_ring

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 06:52:37 PM »

Top notch :like: All of us grow up wanting to play professional and to be able to do it for the Boro must be amazing.

Give is another year of Covid and you'll get to see plenty of young local lads playing for the team again when football goes totally tits up  lost
Wee_Willie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 08:11:51 PM »

Nepotism
livefastdieyoung

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 07:24:42 AM »

Class act that lad. Good luck at Blackburn pearsy.

Mido
Don pepe

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 07:57:03 AM »

Nice words, wish him well
Jethro Tull
We need to win football matches

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2020, 08:15:19 AM »

Should have kept him' Keeper we've brought in to replace him is nothing special.

All about fine margins.We are what we are.It is what it is.
Pile

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2020, 08:53:51 AM »

Should have kept him' Keeper we've brought in to replace him is nothing special.
Exactly, Pears needed time to develop but even now he’s as good as, if not better, than the ones we’ve got.

History teaches us that we learn nothing from history.
Bud Wiser

Bausor & Gill OUT!!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2020, 10:23:15 AM »

Nice words from a player who has already shown he can cope with the pressure of debuting for a struggling side. I hope Warnock hasn't forgotten that Betonelli is only on loan!?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length