Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 04, 2020, 11:35:12 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: GET READY FOR THE PROMOTION PUSH...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Project Big Picture  (Read 439 times)
Muff Diver

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2020, 09:44:47 PM »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8836695/STEVE-GIBSON-accept-Project-Big-Picture-power-shift-save-EFL-clubs-oblivion.html

No Muff Too Tuff.
We Dive at Five.
Don pepe

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 07:57:58 AM »

Gibson in favour of it  souey

Why the fuck should any one club have greater voting rights than any other.  Club fortunes rise and fall - part of the attraction of football and hoping your team rise and your ďrivalsĒ fall.

Plus how the fuck do Everton amd southampton qualify for special treatment? (If what ive read is correct)
Nelboro

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 10:12:00 AM »

Big 6 trying to ruin our football again, they should be ashamed, all the EFL clubs in favour are just as bad cant believe Gibbo's in favour how short sighted
sockets
M A G A

TRUMP 2020

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 10:31:23 AM »

Big 6 trying to ruin our football again, they should be ashamed, all the EFL clubs in favour are just as bad cant believe Gibbo's in favour how short sighted

:like:

Call them selves the Big Six might be true today but 20 years ago they were not the the Big Six things change but this rule they would always be the Big Six controlling all the cash flow . no one would get a sniff given the chance these cunts get all the control. Gibson is a sell out all he wants is money in his bank , This so called plan ends the cup competitions the same cup competitions that inevitably took the Boro to the UEFA Final in 2006 .. Hamster cheeks is all out here to rake in the cash and most probably fuck off with it at the end of the day then say I did my bit and  I'm a legend  :unlike: 

Don pepe

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 11:08:55 AM »

I was surprised he came out in favour of it and disappointed

I admit i wouldnt be too bothered if the league cup was scrapped, ome domestic cup competition is enough. Its poor that these so called big clubs would essentially pawn in the FA cup. It mightve lost its status somewhat but i believe that can be traced back to big club man Utd fucking it off to play in that competition in brasil. Other factors have damaged its reputation.

No way should any group of clubs be given permanent status above others - fucking big clubs my arse, just massively bank rolled cunts is all they are.

Shows you how much the truly value tradition and the principles of sport when they want to trade all that in for a quick and relatively paltry buck.
Itchy_ring

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 01:32:17 PM »

Games been fucked for years, does need a complete restructure but that shouldn't be by a handful of the richest clubs, owned by successful foreign businessmen some of whom have little interest in football itself just the £££ it generates.
Ural Quntz
Phew thats better

Pack o cunts

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2020, 01:45:08 PM »

Call them selves the Big Six might be true today but 20 years ago they were not the the Big Six things change but this rule they would always be the Big Six controlling all the cash flow . no one would get a sniff given the chance these cunts get all the control. Gibson is a sell out all he wants is money in his bank , This so called plan ends the cup competitions the same cup competitions that inevitably took the Boro to the UEFA Final in 2006 .. Hamster cheeks is all out here to rake in the cash and most probably fuck off with it at the end of the day then say I did my bit and  I'm a legend  :unlike: 

It was qualification via our League position that got us to the UEFA Final in 2006

Tut tut - poor fan knowledge there

lost

"football is an art form and I just want to sit next to the prettiest girl in the room" - Capio 2018
Pile

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2020, 01:54:41 PM »

Iím not the least bit surprised that Gibbo wants to back it, at the end of the day itís more money in Boroís pockets. The downside is champo clubs will just spend more on wages and agents of the same players, like it does every time the premier league rights increase in price.  To avoid that scenario, I reckon a wage cap will be next and itíll sit below the amount they get from the prem. That would mean chairman donít have to purchase anything.

The big worry is the prem becomes a closed door and is only for long established teams. If you could not get promoted, with a wage cap, whatís the point? Why would anyone feel the need to improve? Results wouldnít really matter for 80% of the champo, only those who could go down to league one. Isnít the championship rated as one of the top ten leagues in Europe? How is this conversation even taking place?

History teaches us that we learn nothing from history.
Tommy Cooper

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2020, 02:04:21 PM »

IF  i remember, Swartz saved a penalty
taken by Fowler in the last minuet at Man City
that earned us a point we needed to qualify,

just like that
sockets
M A G A

TRUMP 2020

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2020, 03:12:56 PM »

Call them selves the Big Six might be true today but 20 years ago they were not the the Big Six things change but this rule they would always be the Big Six controlling all the cash flow . no one would get a sniff given the chance these cunts get all the control. Gibson is a sell out all he wants is money in his bank , This so called plan ends the cup competitions the same cup competitions that inevitably took the Boro to the UEFA Final in 2006 .. Hamster cheeks is all out here to rake in the cash and most probably fuck off with it at the end of the day then say I did my bit and  I'm a legend  :unlike:  

It was qualification via our League position that got us to the UEFA Final in 2006

Tut tut - poor fan knowledge there

lost

You get the point the cup winners went onto Europe ..
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 03:14:41 PM by sockets » Logged
Don pepe

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2020, 03:32:13 PM »

Iím not the least bit surprised that Gibbo wants to back it, at the end of the day itís more money in Boroís pockets. The downside is champo clubs will just spend more on wages and agents of the same players, like it does every time the premier league rights increase in price.  To avoid that scenario, I reckon a wage cap will be next and itíll sit below the amount they get from the prem. That would mean chairman donít have to purchase anything.

The big worry is the prem becomes a closed door and is only for long established teams. If you could not get promoted, with a wage cap, whatís the point? Why would anyone feel the need to improve? Results wouldnít really matter for 80% of the champo, only those who could go down to league one. Isnít the championship rated as one of the top ten leagues in Europe? How is this conversation even taking place?

Goes against absolutely everything the game was built on turning the top flight into a closed shop. So those fortunate enough to be up there mow simply pull the ladder up and fuck everyone else? Its almost like theure trying to turn people off the game, blm bullshit, now this
Pile

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2020, 05:38:19 PM »

Goes against absolutely everything the game was built on turning the top flight into a closed shop. So those fortunate enough to be up there mow simply pull the ladder up and fuck everyone else? Its almost like theure trying to turn people off the game, blm bullshit, now this
Yes it appears that way. Imagine being a chairman of a struggling prem club with no relegation, might as well play your mates.

History teaches us that we learn nothing from history.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length