Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2020, 11:35:58 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: UNBEATEN SINCE FEBRUARY..

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: True colours  (Read 6467 times)
Steve Göldby
Mountain King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2020, 12:47:50 PM »

If I owned this board and an angry oddball called me an "absolute prick" and told me to ban myself, the ban-hammer would fall on them pretty quickly...

Also, as a keen Social Justice Warrior (SJW) I'd like to know why Clem and RedSteel were banned for 1 post responses on this thread, but not MonkeyMan, when you said everyone except JT and Bob End were to be banned. A SOCIAL INJUSTICE has occured....

:gaz:

You're not interested in social justice at all - you just come on here to stir things up and cause trouble. The majority of your contributions are a call for someone to be banned or an unwanted opinion about how I should be doing things. You can, and should, do better.
monkeyman

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2020, 01:07:23 PM »

If I owned this board and an angry oddball called me an "absolute prick" and told me to ban myself, the ban-hammer would fall on them pretty quickly...

Also, as a keen Social Justice Warrior (SJW) I'd like to know why Clem and RedSteel were banned for 1 post responses on this thread, but not MonkeyMan, when you said everyone except JT and Bob End were to be banned. A SOCIAL INJUSTICE has occured....

:gaz:
FUCK OFF BACK TO BOREME YER BORING TEDIOUS CUNT  :wanker:
OzzyPorter

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2020, 01:11:53 PM »

Everyone knows where the line is. Unfortunately a lot is missed on here which puts people off posting more frequently. Nobody wants to come on here to read angry, hateful, vile remarks. There's enough shittiness going on in the world already without overdosing on it online aswell but you can't pick and choose who you enforce it against which is what seems to be happening. Actually, you can because it's your forum but you know what I mean.
DowningAlbion
Flatts-Lane Left-Winger

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2020, 01:12:53 PM »

You're not interested in social justice at all - you just come on here to stir things up and cause trouble. The majority of your contributions are a call for someone to be banned or an unwanted opinion about how I should be doing things. You can, and should, do better.

AM TOO... :mido:

Anyway, I've had a fair amount of abuse from malevolent RWNJ's on here for the crime of trying to present an intelligent alternative to their rabid Brexiteer/Working Class Tory ignorance

You do not moderate this site adequately or fairly, anyone with any sense of justice can see that. And I say that as a Senior I.T. Professional with current expertise in developing automated moderation of Web forums using Text Analytics, A.I. and Machine Learning. A basic bot could moderate this site better than you do...

mcl

"A heathen from Eton, On a bag of Michael Keaton. A heathen from Eton, On a bag of Michael Keaton. He thinks he's suave, You're not suave 'cause you watched Get Carter. You are a catalogue, plastic Sinatra, A tryhard who should've tried harder"
Bob End and his Sexy Bitch

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2020, 01:26:42 PM »

Anyway, I've had a fair amount of abuse from malevolent RWNJ's on here for the crime of trying to present an intelligent alternative to their rabid Brexiteer/Working Class Tory ignorance

You do not moderate this site adequately or fairly, anyone with any sense of justice can see that. And I say that as a Senior I.T. Professional with current expertise in developing automated moderation of Web forums using Text Analytics, A.I. and Machine Learning. A basic bot could moderate this site better than you do...

mcl

Your sign off emoji or whatever is like starting a post with ‘With respect’ :)
Ural Quntz
Phew thats better

Pack o cunts

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2020, 01:30:25 PM »

mcl

No room for intelligence here - fuck off back to boreme ya stupid old Senior IT Professional cunt

:alf:

"football is an art form and I just want to sit next to the prettiest girl in the room" - Capio 2018
Steve Göldby
Mountain King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2020, 01:43:42 PM »

mcl

Is there a bot that deals with posters who constantly complain and squeal for other posters to be banned?
Steve Göldby
Mountain King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2020, 01:45:26 PM »

Everyone knows where the line is. Unfortunately a lot is missed on here which puts people off posting more frequently. Nobody wants to come on here to read angry, hateful, vile remarks. There's enough shittiness going on in the world already without overdosing on it online aswell but you can't pick and choose who you enforce it against which is what seems to be happening. Actually, you can because it's your forum but you know what I mean.

I banned seven people in one hit last Tuesday morning for vile, hateful remarks. What more do you want? 
DowningAlbion
Flatts-Lane Left-Winger

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2020, 01:56:37 PM »

I banned seven people in one hit last Tuesday morning for vile, hateful remarks. What more do you want? 

Fair enough, I was just stirring things up...

:ponce:

"A heathen from Eton, On a bag of Michael Keaton. A heathen from Eton, On a bag of Michael Keaton. He thinks he's suave, You're not suave 'cause you watched Get Carter. You are a catalogue, plastic Sinatra, A tryhard who should've tried harder"
Bud Wiser

Bausor, Gill & Woodgate OUT!!!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2020, 02:02:30 PM »

Ahh, so thats why theres FIVE days of posts on the opening page alone.

Talk about biting off your nose to spite your face.  souey

OzzyPorter

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2020, 02:02:40 PM »

I'm not criticising. You can't moderate every comment. It just seems unfair when some comments are dealt with and others are not. Perhaps don't be so harsh with people when they point out things to you. I understand you don't want people whining for bans every 5 minutes but I think it's fair enough to flag up some of the worst stuff that gets posted on here.
OzzyPorter

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2020, 02:07:40 PM »

What do you want him to do? Just ignore it?

My suggestion would be to have a few rules clearly set out about what will not be tolerated. Decent folk should understand how to behave anyway but clearly some on here don't.

- Racism
- Homophobia
- Name calling using disability.
- Paedophilia insults/accusations
- Insults about family.

There's five things that absolutely should not be tolerated on here for a start.
Steve Göldby
Mountain King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2020, 02:17:19 PM »

The only spite involved was in the original remarks - the ones where people who get more slack on here than they get anywhere else chose to abuse that and cross lines.

Do you really think I am going to let vile hate speech go unchecked because the visitor figures will drop? No way - no remorse, no surrender.
DowningAlbion
Flatts-Lane Left-Winger

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2020, 02:22:30 PM »

My suggestion would be to have a few rules clearly set out about what will not be tolerated. Decent folk should understand how to behave anyway but clearly some on here don't.

- Racism
- Homophobia
- Insults about family.

There's five things that absolutely should not be tolerated on here for a start.

Spot on Ozzy, because the reality has been that all 5 categories above could be found on here on a daily basis. A Code of Conduct based on the above would be fair and reasonable and a victory for Social Justice

mcl

Steve Göldby
Mountain King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2020, 02:25:29 PM »

- Racism
- Homophobia
- Insults about family.

Everybody knows those are the base rules and I'm absolutely not going to make some bullshitty official proclamation about it. If people are so pig-shit ignorant that they choose to cross those lines, I'll just kick them off the Board, simple as that.

What pisses me off more than anything is more slack is given here than anywhere else and the ones who appreciate that and don't abuse it will have it ruined for them by the assholes who think they can push the boundaries and get away with it.

A smarter thing to do would be to remove the right to anonymity when returning from a week's ban. Let's see how brave they are then.  
OzzyPorter

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2020, 02:33:49 PM »

Talk about biting off your nose to spite your face.  souey

- Racism
- Homophobia
- Insults about family.

Everybody knows those are the base rules and I'm absolutely not going to make some bullshitty official proclamation about it. If people are so pig-shit ignorant that they choose to cross those lines, I'll just kick them off the Board, simple as that.

What pisses me off more than anything is more slack is given here than anywhere else and the ones who appreciate that and don't abuse it will have it ruined for them by the assholes who think they can push the boundaries and get away with it.

A smarter thing to do would be to remove the right to anonymity when returning from a week's ban. Let's see how brave they are then.  

Unfortunately, as the behaviour of certain people in our society has proven during lockdown, unless things get made crystal clear and spelt out in the most basic way possible, there'll always be some idiots who behave inappropriately.

It's impossible for you to moderate every comment like I said so maybe be more open to receiving feedback instead of it being seen as grassing or asking for a ban.

I 100% agree with your last two paragraphs aswell. 👍
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 02:40:06 PM by OzzyPorter » Logged
Steve Göldby
Mountain King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2020, 02:47:44 PM »

It's impossible for you to moderate every comment like I said so maybe be more open to receiving feedback instead of it being seen as grassing or asking for a ban.

So when someone messages me saying "xxx said this - you should ban him", I shouldn't see that as someone grassing or asking for a ban.

Right. OK.  souey
DowningAlbion
Flatts-Lane Left-Winger

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2020, 03:14:53 PM »

So when someone messages me saying "xxx said this - you should ban him", I shouldn't see that as someone grassing or asking for a ban.

Right. OK.  souey

Take away the "Report to Moderator" function then if you are going to be a moderator who sees reports as "grassing". Jesus wept, explains a lot that...

klins
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 03:24:41 PM by DowningAlbion » Logged

Steve Göldby
Mountain King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2020, 03:23:23 PM »

Right. OK.  souey

Take away the "Report to Moderator" function then if you are going to be a moderator who sees reports as "grassing". Jesus wept, explains a lot that...

klins

So what do you see the "Grass to Moderator" function as then?
DowningAlbion
Flatts-Lane Left-Winger

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2020, 03:32:04 PM »

A joke, like the moderation of this site

I was typing change the text to "Grass!" as an edit to my post above when you responded, so maybe great minds think alike. Ozzy has come up with a simple code of conduct that would work. You think everyone already knows that, but the evidence they don't is right in front of your face here on a daily basis

Steve Göldby
Mountain King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2020, 03:47:07 PM »

A joke, like the moderation of this site

I was typing change the text to "Grass!" as an edit to my post above when you responded, so maybe great minds think alike. Ozzy has come up with a simple code of conduct that would work. You think everyone already knows that, but the evidence they don't is right in front of your face here on a daily basis

Banning seven people in one morning is no joke.

About this "daily basis" point you keep labouring - I must have missed the ones from the last five days or so. Can you point them out please. 
El Capitan

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2020, 03:50:20 PM »

He can’t point them out - that would be grassing  mcl

Rob Nichols ruined my life.
DowningAlbion
Flatts-Lane Left-Winger

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2020, 03:57:35 PM »

About this "daily basis" point you keep labouring - I must have missed the ones from the last five days or so. Can you point them out please. 

Fair point, I was talking about prior to this week e.g. BobUpnD, Skinz, T-Bone & Crocket using Downs Syndrome, Handicapped and Mong as insults, and it never being moderated in the past, as far as I'm aware*

Anyway, it's your site and I only came here to wind up the knuckle-dragging NF types so I've got my just deserts and I will leave them to it

monkeyman

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2020, 04:07:32 PM »

Fair point, I was talking about prior to this week e.g. BobUpnD, Skinz, T-Bone & Crocket using Downs Syndrome, Handicapped and Mong as insults, and it never being moderated in the past, as far as I'm aware*

Anyway, it's your site and I only came here to wind up the knuckle-dragging NF types so I've got my just deserts and I will leave them to it
WHAT A CUNT YOU ARE  :wanker:
I TAKE IT YOU WILL BE FUCKING OFF BACK OVER TO BOREME NOW  :meltdown:
Steve Göldby
Mountain King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2020, 04:46:18 PM »

I doubt very much you will leave them to it at all, and I doubt even more that is because you are genuinely offended.
Johnny Thunder

Shit Stirring Cunt.

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2020, 05:23:19 PM »

Yerv all forgot about the biggest, naughtiest crime of all. Get it on the list immediately.

Fuckin swearing in thread titles.

mcl

DA lad, yer being a bit of a cunt today like. I'm fuckin in charge of shit like that.

nekder365

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2020, 06:19:55 PM »

I think if you have joined this board then you must realise that at some point we all sail close to the wind.
I joined with the intentions of good debate and the craic but pretty soon realised which posters you can debate with and which 1's just will not listen to anything other than their own opinions.

Personally on here i don't get the "grass" culture,which if we are honest,most of it is to shit stir.
FFS hopefully we are all adults on here just get thicker skins lads.....

And any Boreme reading this it aint our fault Rudolph aint invited yous yet to the golden board,so do 1 if you don't appreciate the tone on here sometimes (even though we ALL know ALL you have a sneaky peek at  J.T.'s thread   )........
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 06:41:08 PM by nekder365 » Logged
Ural Quntz
Phew thats better

Pack o cunts

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2020, 08:37:51 PM »

WHAT A CUNT YOU ARE  :wanker:
I TAKE IT YOU WILL BE FUCKING OFF BACK OVER TO BOREME NOW  :meltdown:

300 posts a piece and these two cunts do nothing but moan how shite it is here and how useless Steve is

Reckon one of em at least is baddad?

:wanker:

"football is an art form and I just want to sit next to the prettiest girl in the room" - Capio 2018
Skinz

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2020, 11:06:55 PM »

mcl

No room for intelligence here - fuck off back to boreme ya stupid old Senior IT Professional cunt

OzzyPorter

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2020, 07:38:23 AM »

Right. OK.  souey

People shouldn't be asking for bans. It's not up to them, that's your decision. You shouldn't see it as grassing though. Essentially, they are helping you out. You should encourage it.
TerryCochranesSocks

Pull your socks up Tel.

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2020, 08:33:28 AM »

Anyway, I've had a fair amount of abuse from malevolent RWNJ's on here for the crime of trying to present an intelligent alternative..

You fucking hid that well.

I fuckin' hate smart-arsed signatures
Oldfield

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2020, 10:03:04 AM »

No wonder all the decent posters have left this shit fest of a message board. unilateral banning of post6ers without actually reading the context of the posts and not banning everybody who actually posted the things you disagreed with in the first place. You've lost the plot Goldby and you are getting the board you deserve.

If you class decent posters as those who spout hatred and racism, then you need to have a long word with yourself.

Have a word with yourself you absolute prick........ you were banging out David Icke antisemitic conspiracy theories about the holocaust not so long ago

Ban yourself

That's a load of made-up absolute crap. If you're going to spout stupid shit like that, you need to back it up, which you obviously can't do.

I'm the one who pointed out some of Icke's incorrect calls about a month ago.

Bullshit Goldby - it was during the election and i pulled you up on it then as you banned Capio for Antisemitism...... you were banging on about holocaust numbers and insinuating it was overblown......you frothed and billy bullshitted saying you banned Capio for being a dick......

Downing Albion .... i took you apart at the seams over the NHS last week so please fuck off with you bleating and whinging..... go spew your rhetoric in the FMTTM echochamber... This is what is called “speaking truth to power” Goldby has all the power i dont.

Goldby grandstanded not so long ago about free speech..... free speech means exactly that..... if you dont like what posters have to say challenge them... it isnt hard

The only bannings on here should be for multiple accounts (ban the multiple accounts not the main one) and welching on bets made.

daftjim

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2020, 10:15:11 AM »

"speaking truth to power"

Its a tinpot messageboard populated by a dozen or so lunatics you fucking crank.  :alf:
Oldfield

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2020, 10:45:36 AM »

"speaking truth to power"

Its a tinpot messageboard populated by a dozen or so lunatics you fucking crank.  :alf:

Friar Cuck..... nice of you to turn up  :alf:

Hows the wife? Still servicing all and sundry? Not you though

Back to FMTTM, zzzzz with your tail between your legs

monkey monkey :basil:
daftjim

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2020, 10:48:21 AM »

Gives a fuck?  rava

Unlike you though

"speaking truth to power"  charles :nige: :alf: :alastair:

Fucking cringeworthy  :meltdown:
Ural Quntz
Phew thats better

Pack o cunts

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2020, 03:00:22 PM »

Anyway, I've had a fair amount of abuse from malevolent RWNJ's on here for the crime of trying to present an intelligent alternative..

You fucking hid that well.

Steve Göldby
Mountain King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2020, 05:52:32 PM »

No wonder all the decent posters have left this shit fest of a message board. unilateral banning of post6ers without actually reading the context of the posts and not banning everybody who actually posted the things you disagreed with in the first place. You've lost the plot Goldby and you are getting the board you deserve.

If you class decent posters as those who spout hatred and racism, then you need to have a long word with yourself.

Have a word with yourself you absolute prick........ you were banging out David Icke antisemitic conspiracy theories about the holocaust not so long ago

Ban yourself

That's a load of made-up absolute crap. If you're going to spout stupid shit like that, you need to back it up, which you obviously can't do.

I'm the one who pointed out some of Icke's incorrect calls about a month ago.

Bullshit Goldby - it was during the election and i pulled you up on it then as you banned Capio for Antisemitism...... you were banging on about holocaust numbers and insinuating it was overblown......you frothed and billy bullshitted saying you banned Capio for being a dick......

Downing Albion .... i took you apart at the seams over the NHS last week so please fuck off with you bleating and whinging..... go spew your rhetoric in the FMTTM echochamber... This is what is called “speaking truth to power” Goldby has all the power i dont.

Goldby grandstanded not so long ago about free speech..... free speech means exactly that..... if you dont like what posters have to say challenge them... it isnt hard

The only bannings on here should be for multiple accounts (ban the multiple accounts not the main one) and welching on bets made.

You're talking utter crap - Capio was not banned for anti-semitism. Get a fucking grip and stop being such an angry little shit. 
El Capitan

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2020, 05:56:40 PM »

Hows the wife? Still servicing all and sundry? Not you though

:unlike: :unlike:

Rob Nichols ruined my life.
Bud Wiser

Bausor, Gill & Woodgate OUT!!!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2020, 08:15:40 PM »

The only spite involved was in the original remarks - the ones where people who get more slack on here than they get anywhere else chose to abuse that and cross lines.

Do you really think I am going to let vile hate speech go unchecked because the visitor figures will drop? No way - no remorse, no surrender.

So a board wick with Monty Beerson & Tortured Mind threads awaits then?

coat

RIK MAYALL

Once in every lifetime

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2020, 08:21:03 PM »

coat

It’s heading that way. Soon be on my travels.

Glory Glory Man United
CapsDave

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2020, 08:42:00 PM »

cry

Tell you straight how it is now . I am a real nut case you got that right . I am not Liddle who will wait to bump into you after all I do not know who you are do I. I will never find out from this site either. But here's the thing. the police will. And I will put a report in to them.
nekder365

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2020, 08:46:58 PM »

I think we are under attack from a few Boreme regulars(Skinz got it spot on). Don't cave fellas...
MF(c) DOOM

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2020, 09:36:25 PM »

coat

Or people could stop being cunts? This board lets you get away with murder really, you have to be pretty indecent to get banned. So if you have been banned, its a certainty its because you have been a bellend and fall below the standards of common decency.
nekder365

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2020, 09:53:56 PM »

I do think 1 salient point has come from some of the replies on this thread and that is the multiple accounts from a single poster.You read something from a poster challenge them and fuck me 3 or 4 other "users" join in, when in all honesty, we kind of know its the same person so it disintegrates in a slanging match.
I mean currently i am Nekder,T-Bone and Crocky and when i post thats what i get (you know who you are  mcl).
And a footnote if you think Capio aint on here then i think your wrong..............
BoroPE

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2020, 10:22:13 PM »

Im surprised Steve bothered to get the site back up and running when it was down the other week the hassle he gets on here. 
monkeyman

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2020, 10:33:38 PM »

Im surprised Steve bothered to get the site back up and running when it was down the other week the hassle he gets on here. 
I THINK STE DOES A GREAT JOB BUT RECENTLY HE IS BANNING POSTERS WHERE AS BEFORE HE WOULD NOT BOTHER
BUT I THINK HE AS A LOT OF TIME ON IS HANDS DUE TO THIS VIRUS AND HE IS NOT TOURING WITH BANDS
BUT HE ALWAYS COMES ACROSS WHO GIVES POSTERS A CHANCE AND NOT BAN THEM FOREVER  :beer:
Skinz

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2020, 10:47:26 PM »

I think we are under attack from a few Boreme regulars(Skinz got it spot on). Don't cave fellas...

You're fuckin one of em  mcl
nekder365

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2020, 10:51:30 PM »

You're fuckin one of em  mcl
Sorry to burst your bubble Skinz but that is wrong. Ive been called some names on here but thats a step too far fella...Wheres that fucking report button.......
Skinz

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2020, 10:59:30 PM »

:like:
BEERSON BACK FROM THE GRAVE
the pastor from newbraska

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 19, 2020, 05:14:16 AM »

You're fuckin one of em  mcl

SPOT ON SKINZ YA BALLOONHEADEDMANCHOMELESSPICCADILLYSPICERAT

NEDKAR ALSO HAS A FEW USERNAMES ON FMTTM-FACT.

AND TBONE YOU SEEM TO KNOW ALOT ABOUT THIS BOARD AND IT'S HISTORY HAVING ONLY JOINED WITH THIS USERNAME SINCE CHRISTMAS EVE (YOU WERE ALONE AT CHRISTMAS - LINDA FROM TINDER HAD FUCKED YOU OFF SO YOU JOINED HERE) CARE TO EXPLAIN CROCKET?

BEER ME BOYS
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 06:09:17 AM by BEERSON BACK FROM THE GRAVE » Logged

my flock comes first
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length