Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2019, 07:18:30 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: KEEP THE FAITH...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England to walk off....  (Read 686 times)
Steve Göldby
Mountain King

View Profile WWW
« on: October 09, 2019, 01:13:36 PM »

I can't agree with this stance at all.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49980927

Rise above and show you are not affected by it. Don't Feed The Trolls.

The efforts to rid the game of it are to be applauded, however walking off is a very dangerous precedent to set and sends out all the wrong signals.

It's supposed to be a man's game and to my mind, players should be able to handle a bit of name calling. I don't approve of that type of name calling but I approve even less of walking off if it happens. It won't stop it and might actually make it worst.

What will stop it is showing it doesn't bother you. Easy really.
Bobupanddown

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 01:17:38 PM »

So England are 2-0 up away from home and the away support can get them to walk off by calling the little boys names.

Steboro

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 01:57:22 PM »

If they did walk off the pitch could the game be classed as a forfeit?

Do people actually learn foreign language insult words to be offended by?

Bernie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 01:57:30 PM »

It's supposed to be a man's game and to my mind, players should be able to handle a bit of name calling.

Not sure I would class shouts of "N****r" and monkey chanting as "A bit of name calling"  

What will stop it is showing it doesn't bother you. Easy really.

Black players in England in the 70's and 80's never responded to it yet it didn't stop at all. It was only when people started getting prosecuted and banned from grounds for it that it stopped

Join The Campaign To Get LITTLEJOHN a Knighthood.
Bernie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 01:59:06 PM »

Monkey chants and bananas being thrown onto the pitch are a universal language - no translation needed. 

Steboro

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 02:34:55 PM »

Monkey chants and bananas being thrown onto the pitch are a universal language - no translation needed. 

If that's what it consists of then disgraceful. 
LEON TROTSKY

I GOT AN ICE PICK... THAT MADE MY EARS BURN...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2019, 02:39:11 PM »

TELLING THE OPPOSITION FANS WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO IS MADNESS.... THESE YOUNG CUNTS WHO PLAY FOR ENGLAND ARE NOT VERY BRIGHT  👎

THE CZECHS AND BULGARIANS WILL HAVE A FEILD DAY... FFS

NO MORE HEROES ANYMORE......
LEON TROTSKY

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2019, 03:21:36 PM »

I HOPE THEY DO IT AFTER 2 MINS 👍😂😂😂👍

FUCKING WORSE THAN WATCHING THE BORO  👍😂😂😂👍

TerryCochranesSocks

Pull your socks up Tel.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2019, 03:43:17 PM »

I don't mind hearing a bit of casual racism, it makes me feel quite nostalgic.

I fuckin' hate smart-arsed signatures
Bobupanddown

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2019, 04:27:18 PM »

If they did walk off the pitch could the game be classed as a forfeit?

Well there is no rule for it, if the officials stop the game (as they should if they hear sustained racist abuse) then fair enough.

But to walk off if one blokes says some stupid shit is the epitome today's snowflake generation.

Minge

Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2019, 04:30:20 PM »

There are countless cameras at every game , they can zoom in as far as up some cunts nose , why arnt they ejected from the stadium and arrested 20 seconds after they fire any racist insult ?
Wee_Willie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2019, 07:57:38 PM »

Racism will always exist, unavoidable sadly. It’s now a lot more complicated now race cards are omnipresent.

It’s a lot worse away from our shores, so credit to our culture :like:

Agree with Steve.

We should birch racists and card players.
Bobupanddown

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2019, 08:13:50 PM »

Racism will always exist, unavoidable sadly. It’s now a lot more complicated now race cards are omnipresent.

Agree with Steve.

Hold up.

Westerners thinking they're morally superior to the savages because we're 'work'.
Isnt this is same imperialist bullshit of 150 years ago? We've just put another mask on it.

Imposing your culture on another because you feel you are superior is quite literally racist as fuck 
Steve Göldby
Mountain King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2019, 08:15:46 PM »

It was only when people started getting prosecuted and banned from grounds for it that it stopped

It hasn't stopped though, hence this thread.

Charlie Williams, the comedian who used to play for Doncaster Rovers, dealt with it by walking over to those dishing it out and telling them: "Shut up, or I'll move in next door to you."

Jethro Tull
We need to win football matches

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2019, 08:20:30 PM »

Fuck all to do with racism is it really? it's just a handful of louts winding black players up.

All about fine margins.We are what we are.It is what it is.
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2019, 08:21:39 PM »

charles
Wtf.
Jethro Tull
We need to win football matches

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2019, 08:23:46 PM »

charles
Wtf.
You heard what I said.

All about fine margins.We are what we are.It is what it is.
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2019, 08:24:32 PM »

I read it. I still understand it charles
Wee_Willie

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2019, 08:34:10 PM »

Agree with Steve.

Hold up.

Westerners thinking they're morally superior to the savages because we're 'work'.
Isnt this is same imperialist bullshit of 150 years ago? We've just put another mask on it.

Imposing your culture on another because you feel you are superior is quite literally racist as fuck 

You haven’t travelled have you ...
monkeyman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2019, 10:14:31 PM »

I KNOW A FEW NUTTERS GOING OVER FOR THIS MATCH ON FRIDAY GONNA BE A BIT OF 
Bobupanddown

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2019, 10:26:22 PM »

Agree with Steve.

Hold up.

You haven’t travelled have you ...

Well, it's like someone once said of the politically correct culture, it just intellectual colonialism and psychology fascism for the creation of thought crime.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 07:20:17 AM by Bobupanddown » Logged
Bernie

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2019, 08:54:17 AM »

It was only when people started getting prosecuted and banned from grounds for it that it stopped

Charlie Williams, the comedian who used to play for Doncaster Rovers, dealt with it by walking over to those dishing it out and telling them: "Shut up, or I'll move in next door to you."

It has stopped in the UK - at least the monkey chants & banana throwing has. There might be the odd very minor incident like at Pools recently, but it a 99.9% improvement on what it used to be. There will always be the odd imbecile like Liddle who will remain wedded to racist views.

Charlie Williams was fantastic. Saw him at Scarborough in a summer show back in the 80's. Got his autobiography in my pile of books that I need to get around to reading one day. Different times though. Blacks simply won't put up with the stuff that used to get said then.

LEON TROTSKY

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2019, 09:04:33 AM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SAYS THE PROPER WRONG UN    :wanker:

YOU SHOULD BE IN JAIL YA CUNT   :like:

Wee_Willie

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2019, 09:19:41 AM »

It has stopped in the UK - at least the monkey chants & banana throwing has. There might be the odd very minor incident like at Pools recently, but it a 99.9% improvement on what it used to be. There will always be the odd imbecile like Liddle who will remain wedded to racist views.

Charlie Williams was fantastic. Saw him at Scarborough in a summer show back in the 80's. Got his autobiography in my pile of books that I need to get around to reading one day. Different times though. Blacks simply won't put up with the stuff that used to get said then.

I would argue that the actions and progression we've made over the years is admirable and one to be proud off but it has created other problems around positive discrimination, which I am personally opposed to as I believe in a meritocracy. Some organisations purposely employ a person of colour for quota purposes so they can for instance uses their faces in marketing and promotions, which in itself is a form of racism. People of colour also recognise that they receive a lot more protection when in employment as the race-card is feared by employers, so their terms of employment might be the same as a native, but the reality is different. 
Steve Göldby
Mountain King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2019, 09:33:47 AM »

It has stopped in the UK - at least the monkey chants & banana throwing has. There might be the odd very minor incident like at Pools recently, but it a 99.9% improvement on what it used to be.

Fair comment - can't disagree with that.

And neither should they put up with it, but walking off is not the answer.

I had what you would term 'racist abuse' when I lived in a different country and it stopped when they realised it didn't bother me. If I'd have given them a reaction, showed I was hurt or that it bothered me, then no way would it have stopped.

That's the principle I was getting at. Walking off hands the perpetrators a big victory. 

Bernie

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2019, 09:50:37 AM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thought you'd been told to stop the paedo insinuations?

Bernie

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2019, 09:52:30 AM »

It has stopped in the UK - at least the monkey chants & banana throwing has. There might be the odd very minor incident like at Pools recently, but it a 99.9% improvement on what it used to be.

Fair comment - can't disagree with that.

And neither should they put up with it, but walking off is not the answer.

I had what you would term 'racist abuse' when I lived in a different country and it stopped when they realised it didn't bother me. If I'd have given them a reaction, showed I was hurt or that it bothered me, then no way would it have stopped.

That's the principle I was getting at. Walking off hands the perpetrators a big victory. 

I'm not really in favour of walking off either - can see a situation where fans deliberately start racist chants to get a game they are losing abandoned.

But I don't believe ignoring things always makes them stop. The chants from away fans of "Gazza beats his wife" always got ignored by Gazza, but it didn't stop them.

LEON TROTSKY

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2019, 09:53:28 AM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SHOW ME IN THAT POST WHERE IT CALLS YOU ONE WRONG UN CUNT  👎

YOU WERE TOLD BY GOLDBY TO TAKE YER SIG DOWN THAT CALLED ME ONE.... THEN I GLADLY CHANGED MINE 👍

HOPE THIS CLEARS IT UP FOR YOU YA WRONG UN CUNT  👍

lifelongfaninexile

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2019, 11:13:34 AM »

This is far, far from a sporting issue, it is a society issue.
I have both Spanish and Italian friends who simply cannot see why I rage at them for using the N word along with the W word in casual conversation.
Outside of Britain racism is still a fact of life and the football authorities reflect the society they represent.
They simply cannot see what the problem is, as in their minds this is just perfectly normal and entirely acceptable.
Look at the reaction to Lokaku where his own supporters could not see why he was not happy with the insults and the Italian football authorities turned a blind eye.
British sensibilities to race issues are 50 years ahead of the rest of most of Europe.
Asking an eastern European referee to step in on a racist issue is somewhat pointless as they will not see the problem.
I can see both of the England games ending in walk offs, maybe this could spark a reevaluation by FIFA, more likely a perfect excuse to throw England out of a competition.
LEON TROTSKY

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2019, 11:37:17 AM »

CAN SEE IT HAPPENING ON MONDAY... BULGARIA HAVE PART OF THE GROUND CLOSED FOR THIS GAME DUE TO SIMILAR INCIDENTS  👎

Bernie

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2019, 12:06:32 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SHOW ME IN THAT POST WHERE IT CALLS YOU ONE WRONG UN CUNT  👎

YOU WERE TOLD BY GOLDBY TO TAKE YER SIG DOWN THAT CALLED ME ONE.... THEN I GLADLY CHANGED MINE 👍

HOPE THIS CLEARS IT UP FOR YOU YA WRONG UN CUNT  👍

Fair enough, you wife & daughter beating grass  :like:

Bernie

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2019, 12:09:01 PM »

I have both Spanish and Italian friends who simply cannot see why I rage at them for using the N word along with the W word in casual conversation.
Outside of Britain racism is still a fact of life and the football authorities reflect the society they represent.
They simply cannot see what the problem is, as in their minds this is just perfectly normal and entirely acceptable.
Look at the reaction to Lokaku where his own supporters could not see why he was not happy with the insults and the Italian football authorities turned a blind eye.
British sensibilities to race issues are 50 years ahead of the rest of most of Europe.
Asking an eastern European referee to step in on a racist issue is somewhat pointless as they will not see the problem.
I can see both of the England games ending in walk offs, maybe this could spark a reevaluation by FIFA, more likely a perfect excuse to throw England out of a competition.

It is a much bigger problem in Southern Europe. Remember the racist banner about Lewis Hamilton's family at the Spanish GP?  souey

LEON TROTSKY

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2019, 05:46:34 PM »

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12016/11832136/bulgarian-fa-boss-slams-england-again-over-voicing-racism-concerns

Wee_Willie

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2019, 08:42:30 PM »

Self fulfilling prophecy, the BBC will be commentating more on the crowd than the game.
Bobupanddown

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2019, 09:33:13 AM »

Nothing like a bit of intellectual imperialism, stupid racist foreigners eh?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length