Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2019, 04:28:24 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: A NEW ERA IS HERE...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hard league to get out of and stay in....  (Read 245 times)
Billy Balfour

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2019, 08:39:38 PM »

I appreciate it's still early on.
But looking at the teams currently below us, I can't see them being down there later on.
The league looks strong this year.
Who do you fancy to go down? 
Bud Wiser

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 09:00:08 PM »

One things for certain. From what I've seen of it so far, the only chance we have of leaving this division this season is via its southern exit.

Billy Balfour

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 09:18:23 PM »

I've only watched us on telly so far.  We looked good vs Luton. Well I enjoyed the game.
Judging by comments since it sounds like we will struggle.
Bud Wiser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 09:33:43 PM »

I've only watched us on telly so far.  We looked good vs Luton. Well I enjoyed the game.
Judging by comments since it sounds like we will struggle.

But did we? Putting things into perspective, we were up against a side expected to struggle with, apparently, the lowest budget in the Division who still more than matched us. And with a bit more luck would've had a penalty themselves, kept out Assombalonga's fluke, not forgetting Randolph's breathtaking late save.

Billy Balfour

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2019, 09:56:04 PM »

I never expect much from the first game of season.
It's a lottery to some extent.
It's not really until Xmas when we'll have an idea of who's who and still then there's teams who climb in final few month's.
Bobupanddown

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2019, 09:58:22 PM »

If we finish midtable it will be a good season. We're shit.
Wee_Willie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2019, 06:48:13 AM »

This is one of the worst teams I've witnessed in recent times. I was upbeat after Luton but since then it's been dreadful and the worst of what Pulis and Jawanka conjured. My fear is that it is not about players under performing like some knobs are convinced is the case, it is because the players are simply substandard. Millwall should have won yesterday and not because they had the better chances they played with more purpose and guile. Apart from the keeper, Ayala and Fry we have relegation battle written all over us.
towz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2019, 08:19:04 AM »

I think once we get the right combination we'll be fine this would be my team:

Randolph

Coulson     Fry                 Ayala           Dijksteel (assuming he's anygood)

Howson       Wing           Mcnair

Fletch               Balonga           Johnson

If he plays that team consistently and we get the energy and shape right we'll be fine

Could do with some options in all position though
Jimmy Cooper

The ace face.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2019, 08:34:05 AM »

Don't think 433 suits the players we have.442 or 451 would  be better if think.I would like to see him change the shape rather than just the personell.

"you can take the mail and the franking machine and all that other rubbish I have to go about with and you can stuff them right up your arse!” "
Tortured_Mind
TM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2019, 08:43:15 AM »

IF WE STILL HAD PLAYERS LIKE ADAM REACH AND JAMES MORRISON WE WOULD BE A LOT BETTER !!!

Theres a name from the past. The last time I saw that bum he was sniffing glue outside HMV over 35 years ago with all the other deadbeats
Wee_Willie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2019, 08:46:47 AM »

He claims he wants an attacking high pressing Ajax team and mentality but you don't get that from ponderous pedestrian players. He needs to revisit that blue print vision. You match the team and structure to fit with ability. For that reason we are in trouble as I really cannot see an effective formation with this squad of players.

It can't be a happy dressing room.
Steve Göldby
Mountain King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2019, 11:32:18 AM »

IF WE STILL HAD PLAYERS LIKE ADAM REACH AND JAMES MORRISON WE WOULD BE A LOT BETTER !!!

If we still had players like Graeme Souness and Juninho we might be better too.

souey
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length