Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2017, 04:28:30 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: 2016/17 Season: Like watching an autopsy being performed on a man who is still alive...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Boro the totalitarian dictatorship  (Read 60078 times)
Mick1986

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2007, 03:19:35 PM »

Another typical action by the MFC autocracy. Do the club actually give a toss about what the fans want?

First we have the new club badge, which was foisted upon us without any consultation with the fans. As soon as it was announced (and unveiled), it was in circulation. I know this to be true, as I know someone who works for the club who was given a blazer with the new badge on it within days of the new badge being announced. Do the club give a toss what the fans want (or at least think?).

My other half is Graphic Designer and she said that the badge is an "amateurish" effort, totally devoid of imagination. Do the club care? Well they should, since the badge is the most important symbol a club has. It is its foremost promotional tool!

As for the club's football strips, dear me! Year on year, we have the same kit maker who perennially cannot make the quantity of shirts required and/or they are poor quality.  Errea seem to make kits, Boro excepted, for small clubs and cannot cope with the demand and expectations of MFC. I've suspected for a long time that the connection between Errea and MFC is more than just a business to business arrangement. I suspect that MFC (or Gibson exclusively) own part or all of Errea and that is why we keep putting up with their shortcomings. If that is not so, why do we persevere with them? We could easily get another kit maker in such as Nike, Umbro or my personal favourite, Adidas.

We could improve our distribution of kits far more effectively with a kit maker such as those I mention above, as they could quite easily meet demand and more. But, it seems that the club want to hold everything within their control, i.e. they will only allow shirts to be sold in club shops or over the internet and not by third parties.

The latest addition to club's portfolio of arrogant deeds is the removal of broadcasting rights to Century. There is definitely room for both Century and BBC. Why didn't the club look to the fans to decide what to do? What do the fans really want? I think we know the answer to that one!

I think that the fans' suspicions that MFC are trying to silence the fans by stopping Century's broadcasting rights is not unfounded. After all, they make decisions without caring what the fans think or want, so they don't want the fans to have the opportunity to air their views, disobediently complaining about the club or their players. That is not allowed! We fans only pay for shirts, other merchandise, match attendance and other money that contributes to the clubs' upkeep. What right do we have to complain!

This club is run like a totalitarian dictatorship. I wonder if our government is taking inspiration from the way MFC is being run. After all, very soon we will have no rights in this country, just like we have none where MFC is concerned.

The latest kick the teeth for the fans is the new "credit card" season tickets. I fear that most people haven't got a clue about the true implications of their introduction.

These new credit cards will incorporate RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) tags. These tags can (and will) be used as a tracking device. There is definitely more to it than we are being told.

Don't believe me? Check out the following link, which outlines how Tesco are abusing RFID tags without our consent.

http://www.boycotttesco.com/

Also, look at the following links:

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/business/story/0,6903,1094843,00.html

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2004/09/30/rfid_tag_pulldown/

This is yet another liberty MFC have taken. What fan, knowing what RFID tags are really about, would actually want to go along with this? We, the fans, have not been consulted about this. It may not seem like much, but it is!

All this stuff about the club really belonging to the fans and the current boardroom staff acting only as stewards; what a load of c**p! Do they take us for complete idiots? They act with impunity, doing what they like, when they like, without consulting the fans and then believe they are above accounting for their actions.

I think they have tried to slip this in under the radar while people are still p****d off with the Century radio situation.

In the text above , I have made a between comparison MFC and our current “government”. MFC do keep on providing reasons to make such comparisons. For this new MFC card, read the ID card the government are trying to force on us. Both cards will have RFID chips in them.

Worse still, do you know what the government plan to do when peoples’ ID cards start getting lost, damaged or stolen...........?

Please, anyone reading this post, give me your opinion on this. I am losing faith in MFC fast. I am certain that I am not the only fan becoming disillusioned with it all.

It is the fans who should be able to make an INFORMED choice on whether we want this or not. If we don't want it, we should refuse to allow it. No fans, no club. Simple equation really. Or, we should at least refuse to buy season tickets and buy match per match tickets only.

This club is becoming more like something out of 1984 year on year.

Bob End
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 03:22:24 PM »

Another typical action by the MFC autocracy. Do the club actually give a toss about what the fans want?

First we have the new club badge, which was foisted upon us without any consultation with the fans. As soon as it was announced (and unveiled), it was in circulation. I know this to be true, as I know someone who works for the club who was given a blazer with the new badge on it within days of the new badge being announced. Do the club give a toss what the fans want (or at least think?).

My other half is Graphic Designer and she said that the badge is an "amateurish" effort, totally devoid of imagination. Do the club care? Well they should, since the badge is the most important symbol a club has. It is its foremost promotional tool!

THIS IS WHERE I LOST MY WILL TO LIVE

AND THIS IS WHERE I FAST FORWARDED TO

Mick1986

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 03:28:32 PM »

Bit too cerebral for you, Bob?

Or, are you just not that bothered about the state the club is in and the way us fans are being walked all over?
Peppery John
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 03:28:55 PM »

As for the club's football strips, dear me! Year on year, we have the same kit maker who perennially cannot make the quantity of shirts required and/or they are poor quality.  Errea seem to make kits, Boro excepted, for small clubs and cannot cope with the demand and expectations of MFC. I've suspected for a long time that the connection between Errea and MFC is more than just a business to business arrangement. I suspect that MFC (or Gibson exclusively) own part or all of Errea and that is why we keep putting up with their shortcomings. If that is not so, why do we persevere with them? We could easily get another kit maker in such as Nike, Umbro or my personal favourite, Adidas.

We could improve our distribution of kits far more effectively with a kit maker such as those I mention above, as they could quite easily meet demand and more. But, it seems that the club want to hold everything within their control, i.e. they will only allow shirts to be sold in club shops or over the internet and not by third parties.

The latest addition to club's portfolio of arrogant deeds is the removal of broadcasting rights to Century. There is definitely room for both Century and BBC. Why didn't the club look to the fans to decide what to do? What do the fans really want? I think we know the answer to that one!

I think that the fans' suspicions that MFC are trying to silence the fans by stopping Century's broadcasting rights is not unfounded. After all, they make decisions without caring what the fans think or want, so they don't want the fans to have the opportunity to air their views, disobediently complaining about the club or their players. That is not allowed! We fans only pay for shirts, other merchandise, match attendance and other money that contributes to the clubs' upkeep. What right do we have to complain!

This club is run like a totalitarian dictatorship. I wonder if our government is taking inspiration from the way MFC is being run. After all, very soon we will have no rights in this country, just like we have none where MFC is concerned.

The latest kick the teeth for the fans is the new "credit card" season tickets. I fear that most people haven't got a clue about the true implications of their introduction.

These new credit cards will incorporate RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) tags. These tags can (and will) be used as a tracking device. There is definitely more to it than we are being told.

Don't believe me? Check out the following link, which outlines how Tesco are abusing RFID tags without our consent.

http://www.boycotttesco.com/

Also, look at the following links:

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/business/story/0,6903,1094843,00.html

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2004/09/30/rfid_tag_pulldown/

This is yet another liberty MFC have taken. What fan, knowing what RFID tags are really about, would actually want to go along with this? We, the fans, have not been consulted about this. It may not seem like much, but it is!

All this stuff about the club really belonging to the fans and the current boardroom staff acting only as stewards; what a load of c**p! Do they take us for complete idiots? They act with impunity, doing what they like, when they like, without consulting the fans and then believe they are above accounting for their actions.

I think they have tried to slip this in under the radar while people are still p****d off with the Century radio situation.

In the text above , I have made a between comparison MFC and our current “government”. MFC do keep on providing reasons to make such comparisons. For this new MFC card, read the ID card the government are trying to force on us. Both cards will have RFID chips in them.

Worse still, do you know what the government plan to do when peoples’ ID cards start getting lost, damaged or stolen...........?

Please, anyone reading this post, give me your opinion on this. I am losing faith in MFC fast. I am certain that I am not the only fan becoming disillusioned with it all.

It is the fans who should be able to make an INFORMED choice on whether we want this or not. If we don't want it, we should refuse to allow it. No fans, no club. Simple equation really. Or, we should at least refuse to buy season tickets and buy match per match tickets only.

Why didn't you send this directly to the club?
Mick1986

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 03:30:13 PM »

Do you agree with me, John? What do you think?
MB

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 03:30:28 PM »

Comedy genius.

Mick1986

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 03:32:09 PM »

Er, thanks Micky Boro (I think?)
MB

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 03:33:00 PM »

Er, thanks Micky Boro (I think?)

No, you're a funny guy.  Great name by the way.

Mick1986

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 03:35:03 PM »

Tell me, Micky Boro, what did you find funny? I am trying to get a serious point across.
MB

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2007, 03:35:45 PM »

Tell me, Micky Boro, what did you find funny? I am trying to get a serious point across.

You crack me up.  Stop it please.  :chrisk:

Mick1986

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2007, 03:38:59 PM »

Ok Micky Boro, if you insist.

Anyone elsewho something constructive to say, I'd like to see it.
Baldrick

Hemlington scally

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 03:41:14 PM »

The way I see it is that football is no longer a sport, it's now a business. Which is why games are passionless, 'superstars' are pulling out of international teams (which shouldn't be allowed) and is overall leading to the demoralization of football. Gibson owns MFC.. not the fans.. therefore he has to make decisions to keep the club running. While Bernie was a realist and basically thought the same as the fans, we know we're seeing shite and it's not good enough but Gibson won't want that admitted as it drives people away from the club. It's because it's his club that he can do that. If you wanted to decorate the inside of your house, but regular visitors to your house didn't want you to.. what would you do?
MB

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2007, 03:43:23 PM »

Ok Micky Boro, if you insist.

Anyone elsewho something constructive to say, I'd like to see it.

I'll indulge you since I'm bored and it's Friday and I can't wait to get home.

So you're saying that Middlesbrough football are trying to take over the world?

They want to invade Poland or something?

They are an evil dictatorship who want to tag us and watch our every move?

They are not elected, it is not a democracy, it's business, a football club trying to do the best it can with a small fan base.  To be hones they are doing quite well when you think about it.  A lot of bigger clubs with more fans would like to achieve what the Boro have.  

MB

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2007, 03:44:51 PM »

Don't get me wrong, they are not perfect.  They've made mistakes, who hasn't.   

MB

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2007, 03:46:14 PM »

Sorry I've just re-read your the first post, you are just taking the piss.  Nice one.

Mick1986

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2007, 03:51:42 PM »

No, think you miss understand, Micky Boro. I was trying to make a comparison between the way our club is run and the way the government run our country. Both are fast becoming totalitarian.

I don't know exactly how the club plan to use these tags, but I do know what the tags are capable of. Who knows what the club plan to do with them? Will they pass information gleaned from them onto the police or government? It isn't impossible (improbable maybe). Look at the links I have provided. They outline what these tags are being used for now and what they will be used for in the future.

There is plenty of information out there that suggests that there is cause to be wary. I think at the very least, the fans should be given a proper explanation as to why the club have introduced this technology.
MB

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2007, 03:54:58 PM »

No, think you miss understand, Micky Boro. I was trying to make a comparison between the way our club is run and the way the government run our country. Both are fast becoming totalitarian.

I don't know exactly how the club plan to use these tags, but I do know what the tags are capable of. Who knows what the club plan to do with them? Will they pass information gleaned from them onto the police or government? It isn't impossible (improbable maybe). Look at the links I have provided. They outline what these tags are being used for now and what they will be used for in the future.

There is plenty of information out there that suggests that there is cause to be wary. I think at the very least, the fans should be given a proper explanation as to why the club have introduced this technology.

I don't know, perhaps it's cheaper, they may need to employ less staff thus reducing their overheads.  I believe saving money is quite popular with a lot of people in the business world.  Or as you say, they could be tracking us, the bastards.

nasty pasty
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2007, 03:58:22 PM »

My other half is Graphic Designer and she said that the badge is an "amateurish" effort, totally devoid of imagination.

in terms of criticism, that is an amateurish effort also, as is this
BoroG
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2007, 03:59:12 PM »

A red helicopter just flew over my house. I got the binocs out and i'm pretty sure it was Keith Lamb
MB

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2007, 04:01:56 PM »

Kum ba ya, my Lord
Kum ba ya
Kum ba ya
Kum ba ya, my Lord
Kum ba ya, my Lord
Oh, Lord, Kum ba ya
Kum ba ya

BoroG
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2007, 04:02:31 PM »

Kum ba ya, my Lord
Kum ba ya
Kum ba ya
Kum ba ya, my Lord
Kum ba ya, my Lord
Oh, Lord, Kum ba ya
Kum ba ya

Kum ba ya, my Lord
Kum ba ya
Kum ba ya
Kum ba ya, my Lord
Kum ba ya, my Lord
Oh, Lord, Kum ba ya
Kum ba ya
MB

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2007, 04:04:28 PM »

Someone's laughing, my Lord, cumbaya
Someone's laughing, my Lord, cumbaya
Someone's laughing,my Lord, cumbaya
Oh Lord, cumbaya

Angelripper
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2007, 04:05:57 PM »

As you took the time to write this thoughtful post, I will do my best to reply, you make some good points.

Just a few weeks away from the season and no sponsor.  This means fans paying top whack for last minute iron-on tranfers which will look very tacky. That is if we get a sponsor at all.

Very amateurish on the part of tose who are paid very well to look after such concerns.

As goes for the 'smart cards' I would put that down to getting rid of dozens of low paid workers at the Riverside.  They get a shit deal from the club.

The new badge is total shit. Why couldn't the club have held a compitition and a fans vote before deciding on the badge?

BoroG
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2007, 04:06:29 PM »

Someone's praying, my Lord

Kum ba ya, my Lord, kum ba ya
Oh, Lord, Kum ba ya
MB

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2007, 04:07:38 PM »

Someone's crying, my Lord, cumbayah
Oh Lord, cumbayah

BoroG
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2007, 04:10:20 PM »

mickey lad, you are a right daft sod

jc
Angelripper
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2007, 04:13:34 PM »

Update. We have a new sponsor, Garmin; who make those sat nav thingies that are popular with smackheads who rob cars.

Once I was lost, now I am found.

Amazing grace.

MB

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2007, 04:14:45 PM »

Update. We have a new sponsor, Garmin; who make those sat nav thingies that are popular with smackheads who rob cars.

Once I was lost, now I am found.

Amazing grace.

Amen brother.

It's all a conspiracy to track us with cards 'n' sat nav 'n' stuff.

Angelripper
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2007, 04:18:39 PM »

Not a bad sponsor that, big global brand.

better than the jordies northern rock.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 04:20:35 PM by TheDayBobWentElectric » Logged
nasty pasty
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2007, 04:20:07 PM »

why do the club need to consult the fans on anything?
MB

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2007, 04:20:39 PM »

why do the club need to consult the fans on anything?

Because the fans know how to run a football club of course.

Angelripper
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2007, 04:20:54 PM »

because we are customers.
Angelripper
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2007, 04:22:40 PM »

Maybe Garmin will use us in their ads;

"FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW WHERE MIDDLESBROUGH IS".

Pied Piper
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2007, 04:26:40 PM »

One day, when RFID tags are ubiquitous and people are being disappeared for speaking out against the government or for holding clandestine meetings, one or two of us, who have not yet been brain-washed into accepting this constant increase in official intrusion into our lives, will look back on discussions like this and think, "We got exactly what we deserved."
nasty pasty
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2007, 04:27:00 PM »

because we are customers.

if they were concerned about that they perhaps you would be consulted
SteveG
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2007, 04:27:47 PM »

How do you know that the entry cards have these tracking devices in them? Where's the evidence?

MB

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2007, 04:29:49 PM »

I will just wrap myself in tin-foil.

Angelripper
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2007, 04:30:00 PM »

if they were concerned about that they perhaps you would be consulted

I think I know the answer to that one.
Pied Piper
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2007, 04:31:05 PM »

That would be a good plan to avoid the problems caused by sticking to faux leather chairs, at least
Angelripper
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2007, 04:31:14 PM »

5 hours at gas mark six should have you done about right.
SocialD

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2007, 04:32:00 PM »

The arrow in the Garmin logo highlights exactly how shit our new badge is. Either that or it's pointing to Nipple Control.

MB

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2007, 04:32:25 PM »

I think the badge looks great on the new shirts.

Angelripper
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2007, 04:33:53 PM »

You have fuck all taste and class.
Pied Piper
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2007, 04:34:17 PM »

I agree. I think the new badge is excellent
SocialD

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2007, 04:34:41 PM »

I just dislike the scroll at the bottom. I'm fussy like that.
Angelripper
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2007, 04:35:18 PM »

At least I can now remove my 888.com fluffy dice from the car.
MB

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2007, 04:35:25 PM »

You have fuck all taste and class.

You're probably right.

SocialD

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2007, 04:38:01 PM »

How much and how long does the deal last with Garmin? Anyone know? Also, can boro fans get discount on the gear. I want a GPS thingy for wandering round the hills of East Cleveland with.

Pied Piper
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2007, 04:38:29 PM »

It looks very much like the coat of arms of my old school

Except there is no latin
And it's not black
And the lion is rampant

Fuck all like it really, except for the nice scroll
SteveG
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2007, 04:39:09 PM »

The reason the fans aren't consulted is because most fan opinion is badly informed and badly thought out.

The thing is, if WHSmith want to redecorate their stores, they don't ask the customers what colour they would prefer.

You don't get extra points for best designed badge in the Premier League. What happens on the pitch is what matters. Everything else is irrelevant.

And I don't believe for one minute that the cards have tracking devices in them. If you think they really do, then leave it at home and only carry it on match days. Then they won't be able to spy on you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length