Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 16, 2019, 10:06:09 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: BORO 14/1 TO WIN THE 2019/20 CHAMPIONSHIP HERE...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: juninho article  (Read 483 times)
38red

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2019, 06:23:23 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jul/11/juninho-middlesbrough-brazil-english-football-baked-beans
No parmos were injured in the writing of this article.
Minge

Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 10:38:57 PM »

Lad was great for Middlesbrough, but we weren’t great for him,
If he had chosen Liverpool he would of been up there with the best in the world
MF(c) DOOM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 06:55:30 AM »

Nah, he was great for us as a big fish in a little pond and we treated him like a star. He was actually only good in patches but we loved him. He wasnt good enough for a Liverpool, he failed everywhere else he played really.
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 09:01:38 AM »

Of course he was good enough for liverpool. They loved him in spain until his injury. He was a fantastic player, probably the best to ever pull on our shirt. He would have graced any premier league team.
Wee_Willie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 09:09:42 AM »

Nah, he was great for us as a big fish in a little pond and we treated him like a star. He was actually only good in patches but we loved him. He wasnt good enough for a Liverpool, he failed everywhere else he played really.

He was outstanding for us in his first stint . He carried the team and tried too much at times. He had to play in the same team as poor and in some cases disgruntled players. For a small man he was a leader on and off the pitch. I agree he could have gone anywhere but I do think he was always going to get injured being so small and the tackles/fouls that he endured. His return was an error by both parties.
Minge

Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2019, 01:36:19 PM »

Also had the weakest pissyarsed shot ever
Jimmy Cooper

The ace face.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2019, 01:37:58 PM »

Also had the weakest pissyarsed shot ever
his shooting was pretty good, his corners however...... souey

"you can take the mail and the franking machine and all that other rubbish I have to go about with and you can stuff them right up your arse!” "
RedSteel

UTB

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2019, 01:45:54 PM »

Who the fuck in the Liverpool team at that time would have got a game ahead of him? Liverpool were bang average back then. Boro were paying top dollar in wages so he certainly didn't have to move for more. Only played well in patches ffs, what a wally.
Jimmy Cooper

The ace face.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2019, 01:49:05 PM »

get him told red, :mido: :alastair:
Who the fuck in the Liverpool team at that time would have got a game ahead of him? Liverpool were bang average back then. Boro were paying top dollar in wages so he certainly didn't have to move for more. Only played well in patches ffs, what a wally.

"you can take the mail and the franking machine and all that other rubbish I have to go about with and you can stuff them right up your arse!” "
El Capitan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2019, 02:05:52 PM »

We built our side around him that year, with him in the hole behind 2 strikers and freedom to roam wherever he wanted. The side became totally unbalanced.

We had enough good, solid players to easily stay up that season, with a bit more organisation

Rob Nichols ruined my life.
Jimmy Cooper

The ace face.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2019, 02:09:39 PM »

We built our side around him that year, with him in the hole behind 2 strikers and freedom to roam wherever he wanted. The side became totally unbalanced.

We had enough good, solid players to easily stay up that season, with a bit more organisation
defending was the problem,I always felt if we had got Festa earlier we would have been ok, too many games in the cup runs cost us in the end, I remember us playing forest about march,we looked very leggy.obviously the three points was the final blow so we weren't that far away.

Jethro Tull
We need to win football matches

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2019, 03:39:36 PM »

Of course he was good enough for liverpool. They loved him in spain until his injury. He was a fantastic player, probably the best to ever pull on our shirt. He would have graced any premier league team.
Strange how none of the big clubs wanted him' he was woeful at Celtic.

All about fine margins.We are what we are.It is what it is.
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2019, 03:45:23 PM »

He was finished after the cruciate, to deny juninho was a genius before his injury is strange.
Jake Andrews

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2019, 04:30:25 PM »

You're an idiot.

souey     souey     souey
Jimmy Cooper

The ace face.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2019, 04:41:02 PM »

BUT WHAT A FUCKING SEASON.!! :mido: :alastair: :lids:

Jethro Tull

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2019, 07:28:50 PM »

You're an idiot.

I'm not an idiot at all I was a Juno fan but always wondered why none of the big English clubs wanted him' he would have fucked off at the drop of a hat to one of the big clubs surely?

Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2019, 07:38:06 PM »

Arsenal and a few others were after him. He chose boro because Robbo went to see him personally. The southern press never got over it.
Jethro Tull

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2019, 08:08:19 PM »

Arsenal and a few others were after him. He chose boro because Robbo went to see him personally. The southern press never got over it.
I know Arsenal were linked with him before we signed him I meant once he was playing in England he didn't seem to catch the eye of the big clubs.

Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2019, 08:10:16 PM »

He did mate, he chose spain.
MF(c) DOOM

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2019, 08:57:13 PM »

Nah, you are all carried away with the sky sports hype at the time. His first season he was average, settling in apparently. Second season was excellent but we got relegated.

His next loan return was underwhelming

His last visit bolo zenden was a mile more influential

When talking about boros best Graham souness was a better player than juninho.

I liked him, he was very good and great fun but the myth and legend is greater than the reality
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2019, 09:05:21 PM »

Graham souness monkey behave, went to Liverpool and was very good, nothing special at Boro. Big fucking baby to be fair could give it but couldn't take it. Jack Charlton had him sussed when he went running back to mummy. How old are you btw doom. I'm surprised if you saw souness at boro. Thought you were a youngun with your crap taste in music charles
Hugo First

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2019, 09:07:43 PM »

Big fish in a small pond, put him in a good team then he becomes a good substitute.
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2019, 09:10:53 PM »

He might even have won an Olympic and world cup winners medal. Well maybe. :pd:
DowningAlbion

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2019, 10:21:38 PM »

Those runs in his first and second season, just sublime, when I watch montages of his moves and goals I get very emotional because it is raw talent, David vs Goliath, just pure footballing genius

That signature move where he lets the ball run on fast and just glides effortlessly past the defending player and picks it up 5 yards past them leaving them befuddled. Is there anything better as a football supporter than watching a genuinely talented attacking mid or winger take on and beat player after player?
RedSteel

UTB

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2019, 10:38:34 PM »

Nah, you are all carried away with the sky sports hype at the time. His first season he was average, settling in apparently. Second season was excellent but we got relegated.

I liked him, he was very good and great fun but the myth and legend is greater than the reality

Total contradiction of what you said earlier.

Probably the best player i have ever seen live in my life time and he played for the boro. Legend fits with this guy.
MF(c) DOOM

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2019, 08:04:47 AM »

Probably the best player i have ever seen live in my life time and he played for the boro. Legend fits with this guy.

No it isn't, not at all. Don't know what post you have read to think that. He is a cult hero at the boro, moreso for the fact he came and the way his signing ignited the area but his actual output on the field is overstated in my opinion. Cult hero like benny carbone or georgie kinkladze.
Wee_Willie

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2019, 08:49:12 AM »

Not a bad debut like ... 

https://youtu.be/HcYFUhn1kmc
Johnny Thunder

Shit Stirring Cunt.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2019, 11:26:45 AM »

Fuckin little  bastard was first out the fuckin door when we went down.

Crocky lad is innocent. Free the COB One you admin cunts.
El Capitan

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2019, 11:31:00 AM »

Were you on holiday when we played Arsenal or Man Utd  monkey

El Capitan

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2019, 11:32:47 AM »

No it isn't, not at all. Don't know what post you have read to think that. He is a cult hero at the boro, moreso for the fact he came and the way his signing ignited the area but his actual output on the field is overstated in my opinion. Cult hero like benny carbone or georgie kinkladze.

Correct  :like:

Preferred Merson myself

RedSteel

UTB

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2019, 12:41:35 PM »

Yes it is. Your first post you said he was only good in patches and not good enough for a Liverpool, then you said he was excellent for us. He was a genuine world class player and Brazilian player of the year when we got him, the likes we will never see again. Well, not unless we get a city type investment we won't.
MF(c) DOOM

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2019, 01:00:09 PM »

Yes it is. Your first post you said he was only good in patches and not good enough for a Liverpool, then you said he was excellent for us. He was a genuine world class player and Brazilian player of the year when we got him, the likes we will never see again. Well, not unless we get a city type investment we won't.

I said he was excellent for one season and i still believe he was shy of being at that top top level that would interest the really big clubs. Thats why he played for boro, athletico and  Celtic
RedSteel

UTB

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2019, 01:12:00 PM »

I said he was excellent for one season and i still believe he was shy of being at that top top level that would interest the really big clubs. Thats why he played for boro, athletico and  Celtic

I will have to agree to disagree. You're entitled to an opinion, and if you see it that way then fair enough.
RIK MAYALL

Once in every lifetime

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2019, 01:14:37 PM »

I'd have Viduka and Merson over Juninho every day of the week.

Glory Glory Man United
Jake Andrews

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Today at 09:20:20 AM »

You're an idiot.

I'm not an idiot at all I was a Juno fan but always wondered why none of the big English clubs wanted him' he would have fucked off at the drop of a hat to one of the big clubs surely?

You're a fucking moron.
Jake Andrews

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Today at 09:38:05 AM »

Can't believe some of the absolute shite I'm reading from so many.

souey    souey    :woodgate1:

Juninho came here because the Club threw the most money at him. Nothing wrong with it. That's life.

In that first spell he shown he was capable of Starting for any team in the Premier League at that time & getting minutes at any team in the world.

After his serious injury at Atletico Madrid he was never the same Player.

We don't help ourselves when we've got mugs over the road saying Juninho was better than Messi on his day.

Then we've got some of our mob almost saying he was bang average.

Fuck sake. Show some fucking pride for a Club Legend that is admired up & down the Country.

:mido:    :mido:    :mido:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length