Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2019, 06:34:01 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: BORO 14/1 TO WIN THE 2019/20 CHAMPIONSHIP HERE...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Once again Gibson has taken season ticket holders for a ride.  (Read 344 times)
Bill Buxton

View Profile
« on: June 12, 2019, 10:35:03 AM »

He has known for a long time that Woodgate would be appointed.In typical Gibson fashion he strung the fans along making them believe an exciting appointment was in the offing.I wonder how many would not have renewed if Gibson had come clean.I for one am totally underwhelmed by this appointment. :woodgate1: cry souey
TeesvilleMonsoon

Fuck the pope

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 10:37:19 AM »

Still would’ve renewed

Still gonna go

Still not happy

Just suck it up buttercup
tunstall

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 10:44:52 AM »

Bill Buxton in underwhelmed shocker
MF(c) DOOM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 10:45:17 AM »

To be fair Gibson never in anyway indicated there would be an exciting appointment. In fact his stony silence and jungle drums has always suggested it was going to be the uninspired selection of Woodgate

I renewed, I'm not happy with the appointment, but I would have still renewed. Its done now so we have just got to give him a chance and hope he takes to it. Wonder if he gets more than the 18 games Monk got to transform a set in its way team
King of the North

Duckyfuzz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 10:57:30 AM »

He has known for a long time that Woodgate would be appointed.In typical Gibson fashion he strung the fans along making them believe an exciting appointment was in the offing.I wonder how many would not have renewed if Gibson had come clean.I for one am totally underwhelmed by this appointment. :woodgate1: cry souey

Bill, are you speaking for all season ticket holders here?

I certainly haven’t been took for a ride.
Yes I am underwhelmed by our latest manager appointment but when the season starts I will get right behind him and the team.
Maybe gibbo is doing a good thing and cutting his cloth accordingly.

How good would it be to see a local lad doing well in the job.

:mido:

BoroPE

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 11:04:37 AM »

Its a joke really but ill still be going.  rava
Bill Buxton

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 11:06:58 AM »

I never claimed all season ticket holders would not have renewed.I wondered how many may have been put off by this appointment.
BoroPE

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 11:08:27 AM »

Maybe a couple of thousand less some of the super fans on FMTTM would go and watch anything.
mingebag

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2019, 11:09:52 AM »

Pulis had the toxic atmosphere in the stands towards the back end of the season
This will be from the kick off in August and will only get worse if results arent any good  :meltdown:

My biggest worry is Gibbo wont pull the trigger with Woodgate if he turns to dogshit early in the season and leaves it too late to rescue the season  :woodgate1:  

Hope i,m wrong  :like:

COB Grand National 2019 Champo
Steve Göldby
Mountain King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2019, 11:10:20 AM »

Maybe he intended to appoint Woodgate all along and the other 'interviews' were just a smokescreen but if that's true, then he will have done it to create a buzz around the situation and make out we are a club in demand and the position is coveted, not to string the fans along.

A little bit of clever PR can go a long, long way and it will have helped stopped the competition writing us off before the season has begun.  
CapsDave

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2019, 12:03:48 PM »

Or maybe he wanted another manager but they didn’t want the job.

Tell you straight how it is now . I am a real nut case you got that right . I am not Liddle who will wait to bump into you after all I do not know who you are do I. I will never find out from this site either. But here's the thing. the police will. And I will put a report in to them.
El Capitan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2019, 12:09:19 PM »

Or maybe Woody gave the best interview  :woodgate1:

Rob Nichols ruined my life.
CapsDave

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2019, 12:10:51 PM »

Or maybe Liddle told Gibbo to give his best mate the job.

Tell you straight how it is now . I am a real nut case you got that right . I am not Liddle who will wait to bump into you after all I do not know who you are do I. I will never find out from this site either. But here's the thing. the police will. And I will put a report in to them.
Jimmy Cooper

The ace face.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2019, 12:37:28 PM »

Supporting the club is like a marriage you can't get out of,so you remember the good times during the bad ones.Like most who renewed, I go to watch the team regardless of who is the manager to be.Hopefully this will work out, and no more lone striker shit with a five man defence and four midfielder's who won't go in the eighteen yard box. :mido:

Those abused girls in Rotherham and elsewhere just need to shut their mouths, For the good of diversity.’
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2019, 12:40:32 PM »

Anyone stopped to think he might rate woodgate. I doubt he gives a fuck that the biggest fucking moaners don't go anyway if this board is anything to go by. Buxton doesn't give a fuck, just another reason to infest the place with bitter, childish shit.
Jimmy Cooper

The ace face.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2019, 12:46:10 PM »

Anyone stopped to think he might rate woodgate. I doubt he gives a fuck that the biggest fucking moaners don't go anyway if this board is anything to go by. Buxton doesn't give a fuck, just another reason to infest the place with bitter, childish shit.
Gibbo does tend to give internal promotions so I understand people thinking it's jobs for the boys, and it is a strange one given the clubs status and the fact woodgate has never managed.Time will tell.

Those abused girls in Rotherham and elsewhere just need to shut their mouths, For the good of diversity.’
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2019, 12:48:43 PM »

He's done it once before, he got it wrong but the bloke is now England manager. Must have seen something.
Jimmy Cooper

The ace face.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2019, 12:58:43 PM »

He's done it once before, he got it wrong but the bloke is now England manager. Must have seen something.
it probably came to soon for southgate, (possibly the same for woody is my worry) but he only floundered in the last season when the big hitters had gone and he rebuilt poorly,he should have brought a venables type in to help him in January instead of trying to play our way out when the team was too lightweight.he also pulled the trigger too soon on him,i think we'd have made the play offs,losing diegard to that spiteful tackle from clattermole didn't help.

calamity

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2019, 01:00:12 PM »

With the increase in player power I think it has to be considered more these days how a manager interacts with a group of players, especially in the situations like the alleged financial situation the 'Boro are in. The squad is there for better or worse and we can't afford to replace them all so we need a manager who can work with them.

Southgate works with England because he has a group of players who are young, and need that sensible, light touch. He just fits with the atmosphere around the squad. I wouldn't see he'd have had the same impact with the "golden generation" for example. Maybe this is what Gibson sees with Woodgate, someone the squad like and respect, and someone who he thinks can grow with the role, or looking at things from the other side someone who'll do as he's told and not complain.

It's unlikely that we'll ever see the traditional manager/dictator type approach again. Players have too much power, most of them don't respond to the "hairdryer" and they need their balls massaging. Directors of football type approach means the recruitment often isn't done by the manager either, which means it is even more important that the manager the person most likely to get a tune out of a squad under fixed circumstances.

Circumstances that can also include the owner(s) being dictators and wanting a yes man.

Interesting times.
Jake Andrews

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2019, 11:18:21 AM »

Or maybe Woody gave the best interview  :woodgate1:

charles    monkey    :woodgate1:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length