Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2019, 08:13:11 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: A NEW ERA IS HERE...

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fatality on site  (Read 1774 times)
Steboro

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2019, 08:45:58 PM »

ONCE SEEN A LAD CUT IN HALF BY A STEEL BEAM AT HEEREMA IN 1986....NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED...

Does he work for Lowcocks Pop Waggon now?   :alf:

In all seriousness sad the fact some people lose their life at work.  Hate going to work but surviving the day is much better than not.

LEON TROTSKY

I GOT AN ICE PICK... THAT MADE MY EARS BURN...

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2019, 08:50:29 PM »

100 POUND A MAN COLLECTION ON MOST SITES NOW !!!

NO MORE HEROES ANYMORE......
CapsDave

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2019, 08:51:21 PM »

ONCE SEEN A LAD CUT IN HALF BY A STEEL BEAM AT HEEREMA IN 1986....NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED...

Tell you straight how it is now . I am a real nut case you got that right . I am not Liddle who will wait to bump into you after all I do not know who you are do I. I will never find out from this site either. But here's the thing. the police will. And I will put a report in to them.
LEON TROTSKY

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2019, 08:56:29 PM »

SILLY CUNT....

HE WAS A YOUNG LAD FROM THE HEADLAND... NOT A PROPER RIGGER... MORE A FISHERMAN... HIS DAD WHO GOT HIM THE JOB NEVER WENT BACK TO WORK AGAIN.... WE ALL PUT 50 SHEETS IN EACH.... GOT HIM ABOUT 10K...

Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2019, 08:58:19 PM »

Operator closed a valve he shouldn't have and blew himself to pieces. Bad shit
Ignition  or pressure explosion?,  closing off a valve  should just stop the stream unless the pipework was incorrectly rated for the role. I found yanks have the best technology and are the worst at applying it, especially on their home turf.

That's how the flixborough disaster happened coulby, the found a cracked piece of pipework and by passed it unfortunately the bypass system  was inadequate and caused the leak and explosion. Good job it happened on a Saturday or there would have been more than 30 odd fatalities.. I think the 1974 h&s act came about due to that. Piper alpha was down to poor handover and poor ptw systems.
CapsDave

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2019, 09:12:44 PM »

That’s good to know Liddle, you thick cunt.

TEACH YOU PLENTY ABOUT PROCESS  SYSTEMS YOU FUCKING WIDE HEADED HERBERT !!!

Why are you mentioning non return valves then you thick cunt, stick to what you know and stop trying to blag all the time you stupid old cunt.

Tell you straight how it is now . I am a real nut case you got that right . I am not Liddle who will wait to bump into you after all I do not know who you are do I. I will never find out from this site either. But here's the thing. the police will. And I will put a report in to them.
towz

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2019, 09:42:26 PM »

Just finished the preliminary incident report with the gaffer. Lots of bad decisions and design flaws cost a young man his life. Awful fucking day, god knows how his fiancee and family and friends are feeling. The worrying thing is the gaffers seem more concerned about starting up again than anything else
RedSteel

UTB

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2019, 10:07:09 PM »

Just finished the preliminary incident report with the gaffer. Lots of bad decisions and design flaws cost a young man his life. Awful fucking day, god knows how his fiancee and family and friends are feeling. The worrying thing is the gaffers seem more concerned about starting up again than anything else

Doesn't surprise me that they're more concerned about starting up again, as soon as possible I assume. Life is cheap in these type of countries where men are easily replaced and the dollar rules all.
towz

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2019, 10:09:26 PM »

Doesn't surprise me that they're more concerned about starting up again, as soon as possible I assume. Life is cheap in these type of countries where men are easily replaced and the dollar rules all.

Yeah the field director (yank) was on about possibly starting up tonight. i was fucking gobsmacked. all the cunt cares about is his production bonus
RedSteel

UTB

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2019, 10:14:41 PM »

Yeah the field director (yank) was on about possibly starting up tonight. i was fucking gobsmacked. all the cunt cares about is his production bonus

He'll be concerned for his job not getting it back online asap, as I've seen it first hand how the bastards at the top operate. HSE overseas is always golden until it affects production, then it goes straight out of the window.
Micksgrill

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2019, 06:11:53 AM »

If you ain't happy with the current situation towz then I'm sure you operate a just culture. So escalate the issue if you feel it shouldn't restart operations.  St the end of the day time is money and life goes on for others.  If you still ain happy the use your high moral standing and pack your bags and get back to old blighty........YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU! ( well the remainers do!)

BoroPE

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2019, 09:14:47 AM »

NON RETURN VALVES ONLY WORK FOR LIQUID... WHEN I WAS AN OPERATOR WE HAD A GRAPHITE BURSTING DISC SYSTEM WHERE IF PRESSURE VENTED OFF IT WENT UP A STACK PIPE TO ATMOSPHERE...
THAT PLANT TOWZ IS ON SOUNDS LIKE A 3RD WORLD DEATHTRAP !!!

Thats funny i work on a Gas plant and we have hundreds of NRVs and all work fine. 
Jimmy Cooper

The ace face.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2019, 09:20:53 AM »

NON RETURN VALVES ONLY WORK FOR LIQUID... WHEN I WAS AN OPERATOR WE HAD A GRAPHITE BURSTING DISC SYSTEM WHERE IF PRESSURE VENTED OFF IT WENT UP A STACK PIPE TO ATMOSPHERE...

Thats funny i work on a Gas plant and we have hundreds of NRVs and all work fine. 
it's  :lids:   sshhh

"you can take the mail and the franking machine and all that other rubbish I have to go about with and you can stuff them right up your arse!” "
BoroPE

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2019, 09:23:29 AM »

Its ok i know lads who worked with  :lids: when he was an operator. 
Jimmy Cooper

The ace face.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2019, 09:24:54 AM »

so do I, think he's over it now. monkey

"you can take the mail and the franking machine and all that other rubbish I have to go about with and you can stuff them right up your arse!” "
LEON TROTSKY

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2019, 09:27:17 AM »

NOW I'M JUST A....

SMOOTH OPERATOR !!!

Jimmy Cooper

The ace face.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2019, 09:31:12 AM »

NOW I'M JUST A....

SMOOTH OPERATOR !!!
got plenty on ere'  foamin, keep up the good work Arry'. monkey

Rids

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2019, 09:37:10 AM »

100 POUND A MAN COLLECTION ON MOST SITES NOW !!!

Another excuse for you to hide in the toilets.

— as you sow, so shall you reap
CapsDave

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2019, 10:24:23 AM »

Now he’s just a thick cunt  :lids:

daftjim

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2019, 01:19:49 PM »

Whatever happened, Design flaw or the lads fault, there still should have been enough hold points in the process to stop it happening.

That said foreign operators are usually well below the skill levels required.

I was on a site years ago when the Operator employed local leccies coz they were miles cheaper and when the pumps to the tanks were turned on they on the tanks collapsed coz the pumps were sucking instead of blowing.  charles

Much like Tortured Mind they were wired up the wrong way.

Jimmy Cooper

The ace face.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2019, 01:21:58 PM »

Whatever happened, Design flaw or the lads fault, there still should have been enough hold points in the process to stop it happening.

I was on a site years ago when the Operator employed local leccies coz they were miles cheaper and when the pumps to the tanks were turned on they on the tanks collapsed coz the pumps were sucking instead of blowing.  charles

no venting or vac breakers,not the sparkies fault.
(much. )

LEON TROTSKY

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2019, 01:22:12 PM »

I BEG YOUR PARDON....

TORTURED MIND IS WIRED TO THE MOON !!!

daftjim

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2019, 01:28:00 PM »

On another site I was on they used to use a flare gun to light the flare stack. The cartridges sometimes didn't detonate so they just left them lying around. One of the local welders mates picked one up and popped the detonator cap with a welding rod when it was jammed against his belly to see if would go off  :grace:

The rest is history!!!!!!

And his family came to site looking for blood money!!!!!!
Jimmy Cooper

The ace face.

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2019, 01:34:27 PM »

On another site I was on they used to use a flare gun to light the flare stack. The cartridges sometimes didn't detonate so they just left them lying around. One of the local welders mates picked one up and popped the detonator cap with a welding rod when it was jammed against his belly to see if would go off  :grace:

Should have given them his Darwin award.  :wc:

towz

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2019, 01:42:52 PM »

They fucking do that here aswell. lost I think it's time to get the fuck out of here
Jimmy Cooper

The ace face.

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2019, 01:49:04 PM »

They fucking do that here aswell. lost I think it's time to get the fuck out of here

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length