Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 03, 2020, 06:05:44 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: GET READY FOR THE PROMOTION PUSH...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Rainbow Flag  (Read 687 times)
Rids

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2019, 08:53:14 PM »

This will interest some of you.

The rainbow flag, which has become a universal symbol of hope for LGBTQ people around the world, first flew in San Francisco's United Nations Plaza for Gay Pride Day, on June 25, 1978.

It had eight colors -- two more than today's version -- and was designed by Gilbert Baker, an openly gay artist and activist. He had been commissioned to design a symbol for the LGBTQ community by his friend Harvey Milk, the first openly gay elected official in California.

Baker drew inspiration from the US national flag, which had celebrated its bicentennial in 1976, and an actual rainbow, which displays the colors of the light spectrum in roughly the same sequence as the flag. He assigned a meaning to each of the colors: hot pink for sex, red for life, orange for healing, yellow for sunlight, green for nature, turquoise for magic, blue for harmony and violet for spirit.

The first flag measured 30 by 60 feet and Baker, who was then 27 years old, had sewn it by hand. "When it went up and the wind finally took it out of my hands, it blew my mind," he told CNN in a 2015 interview. "I saw immediately how everyone around me owned that flag. I thought: It's better than I ever dreamed."

as you sow, so shall you reap
Keef69er

Rock n Roll

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 09:13:42 PM »

I saw there was outrage at a possible straight pride parade in the states..the straights wont harm anyone..not gonna turn gays straight are they..let them have the parade i say

Can't we all get along
Jethro Tull
We need to win football matches

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2019, 06:33:31 AM »

I saw there was outrage at a possible straight pride parade in the states..the straights wont harm anyone..not gonna turn gays straight are they..let them have the parade i say
A lot of wailing from the snowflakes because the organiser has attended far right events in the past.

All about fine margins.We are what we are.It is what it is.
CLEM FANDANGO

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2019, 06:43:58 AM »

Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain

Official COB Prediction League Winner 2017/18/19
Official CLEM vs THUNDER Winner 2016/17/18/19/20/INFINITY
COB 2020 Battlenips: PEOPLE'S Champion
Oldfield

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2019, 08:17:26 AM »

The rainbow flag, which has become a universal symbol of hope for LGBTQ people around the world, first flew in San Francisco's United Nations Plaza for Gay Pride Day, on June 25, 1978.

It had eight colors -- two more than today's version -- and was designed by Gilbert Baker, an openly gay artist and activist. He had been commissioned to design a symbol for the LGBTQ community by his friend Harvey Milk, the first openly gay elected official in California.

Baker drew inspiration from the US national flag, which had celebrated its bicentennial in 1976, and an actual rainbow, which displays the colors of the light spectrum in roughly the same sequence as the flag. He assigned a meaning to each of the colors: hot pink for sex, red for life, orange for healing, yellow for sunlight, green for nature, turquoise for magic, blue for harmony and violet for spirit.

The first flag measured 30 by 60 feet and Baker, who was then 27 years old, had sewn it by hand. "When it went up and the wind finally took it out of my hands, it blew my mind," he told CNN in a 2015 interview. "I saw immediately how everyone around me owned that flag. I thought: It's better than I ever dreamed."

Rids banging on about weird sex again.... how indicative... an insight into the type of chats you have the so called peoples assembly
RedSteel

UTB

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2019, 08:30:37 AM »

Rids banging on about weird sex again.... how indicative... an insight into the type of chats you have the so called peoples assembly

Fuck knows what he's been getting up to, after admitting about being a drug addict. Backing up on to a double ended dildo with this fella a reckon  :matty:

klins
King of the North

Duckyfuzz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2019, 08:38:25 AM »

He is just happy that crocket got banned. He thinks he has has moved up the food chain on here.

I would hate to see what he would be like if lids ever got banned.

Decent enough poster is rids. But comes across like a jealous bitter old man at times.

El Capitan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2019, 09:01:17 AM »

Was he jealous of the 17 reg Corsa or the small van?  mcl

Rob Nichols ruined my life.
Rids

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2019, 09:03:21 AM »

I had nothing to do with crocket getting banned.

I wasn't even about at the time nor posted on that thread.

I have no problem with him or smalltown returning.

King of the North

Duckyfuzz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2019, 09:03:32 AM »

I thought it was an 18 plate corsa

King of the North

Duckyfuzz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2019, 09:04:58 AM »

Good to hear.

Crocket may have been angry and misunderstood but he did offer value on here.

RedSteel

UTB

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2019, 09:07:46 AM »

Good to hear.

It's the last thing you'd like, is ST coming back and having your life again. 
Rids

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2019, 09:08:45 AM »

He offered to put my face in boiling oil.

Just as well I am a forgiving type.

King of the North

Duckyfuzz

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2019, 09:10:46 AM »

Good to hear.

I see what you have done there.  You have used my unhealthy irrational dislike of gingers against me.

jc

RedSteel

UTB

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2019, 09:13:33 AM »

Good to hear.

I see what you have done there.  You have used my unhealthy irrational dislike of gingers against me.

jc

Changed fella now is ST he's got a missus and is currently discussing with the fmttm board on which new car to get.
King of the North

Duckyfuzz

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2019, 09:21:52 AM »

He has a mrs?

I may have under estimated him. 

Have we had proof of this new development?

At least crocket used to post pictures of his woman/thing/spunkbucket

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length