Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 07, 2020, 01:11:30 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: GET READY FOR THE PROMOTION PUSH...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Rooney Rule  (Read 1486 times)
Steve Göldby
Mountain King

View Profile WWW
« on: June 08, 2019, 01:14:14 PM »

What is the sense in forcing employers to inerview someone they have absolutely no intention of employing?

I hear a massive can of worms opening...  lost

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48555148
CapsDave

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 01:19:27 PM »

It’s a complete farce, so if you decide you want to interview 5 candidates for a job, and the top 5 were white you would have to replace one with a potentially less qualified/experienced/suited candidate just because of the colour of their skin?

Come back Crocket, all is forgiven.

Tell you straight how it is now . I am a real nut case you got that right . I am not Liddle who will wait to bump into you after all I do not know who you are do I. I will never find out from this site either. But here's the thing. the police will. And I will put a report in to them.
RIK MAYALL

Once in every lifetime

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 01:26:35 PM »

The Rooney rule is an american ruling isn't it? Something that started in NFL.

Glory Glory Man United
Ural Quntz
Phew thats better

Pack o cunts

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 01:45:20 PM »

The Rooney rule is an american ruling isn't it? Something that started in NFL.

Yes - it means you have to consider Wayne for every job you advertise

"football is an art form and I just want to sit next to the prettiest girl in the room" - Capio 2018
mingebag

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 01:52:32 PM »

Next stage will be employers will  have to give a percentage of new jobs to minorities wether they are qualified or not
Thats my guess  :ukfist:
Steve Göldby
Mountain King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 02:39:25 PM »

Next stage will be employers will  have to give a percentage of new jobs to minorities wether they are qualified or not
Thats my guess  :ukfist:

That's what I meant by can of worms. It's just plain wrong in my opinion.
BarnesBoroFC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2019, 10:59:03 PM »

They actually employ quota hiring at the BBC
And if there's one thing people say about the BBC, it's how much better it is nowadays...
 :basil:
Keef69er

Rock n Roll

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2019, 11:16:08 PM »

Its like encouraging racism claims when they dont get hired. Or punishing a white person to miss out on a job because black skin is more important than that qualified person. Crazy

Can't we all get along
PoliteDwarf

Not big and not clever

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2019, 11:20:05 PM »

I appreciate that big name ex-footballers would be known but how would a div 4 chairman know if someone was black, white or other just by sifting through a few CVs?

CoB scum
Johnny Thunder

Shit Stirring Cunt.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2019, 07:47:21 AM »

Gibson will love this the fuckin daft cunt.

Probably build a stand next to the faggot lezzer bent cunt one with some coloured corner flags and that.

:wanker:Fuck off Starmer you slag. :wanker:
mingebag

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2019, 07:51:47 AM »

Gibson will love this the fuckin daft cunt.

Probably build a stand next to the faggot lezzer bent cunt one with some coloured corner flags and that.

mick 

Johnny Thunder

Shit Stirring Cunt.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2019, 08:10:55 AM »

Will someone please continue my good work with the tits and clout if I get the chop.

:like:

mingebag

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2019, 08:14:48 AM »

Will someone please continue my good work with the tits and clout if I get the chop.

We,ll mothball it till you get a new username  :like:  jc
Johnny Thunder

Shit Stirring Cunt.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2019, 08:15:47 AM »

mcl

LEON TROTSKY

CROCKET OWNS QUEERSON THE CLOWN 🤡

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2019, 08:16:07 AM »

I WILL JOHNNY.... I WON'T LET IT GATHER DUST....

MISLEADING PEOPLE..... IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE  🤡🤡🤡
Johnny Thunder

Shit Stirring Cunt.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2019, 08:17:12 AM »

:mido: :pope2: :like:

mingebag

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2019, 08:19:37 AM »

I WILL JOHNNY.... I WON'T LET IT GATHER DUST....

Big shoes to fill Trotsky 
You will have to up your game thats for sure  :ukfist:
Johnny Thunder

Shit Stirring Cunt.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2019, 08:23:56 AM »

I may put together a special Denise post before the sword come into play.
Or maybe A Salma special.

CLEM FANDANGO

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2019, 01:54:19 PM »

It will be in safe hands.

Official COB Prediction League Winner 2017/18/19
Official CLEM vs THUNDER Winner 2016/17/18/19/20/INFINITY
COB 2020 Battlenips: PEOPLE'S Champion
Steve Göldby
Mountain King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2019, 02:34:16 PM »

If you put Johnny in mothballs, he'd end up bucking them, for sure.
Wee_Willie

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2019, 06:39:46 PM »

This is like South Africa. Just a shit ruling. Virtue signalling at its finest.
Steve Göldby
Mountain King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2019, 03:36:07 PM »

What happens if only white people apply for a job? Do you have to go looking for a BANE person?

The Wolves manager is classed as BANE according to the FA. That seems strange to me.
mingebag

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2019, 03:44:40 PM »

It must be demeaning knowing your going for an interview that you know your not going to get and your not wanted for it just to appease certain people  souey

BarnesBoroFC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2019, 01:49:26 AM »

I'm going to throw the other side of the argument out there, because I actually think black players need more support to get into management.

At the end of the day this is not about reflecting the percentage of black managers as a reflection of the British population.

Instead, when you take the population to be that of professional football leagues, you have to ask why are there so few black managers when there have been so many black players for decades?

It is one instance where I would agree there appears to be structural bias against black players stopping them getting into management.
BarnesBoroFC

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2019, 01:59:06 AM »

What happens if only white people apply for a job? Do you have to go looking for a BANE person?

The Wolves manager is classed as BANE according to the FA. That seems strange to me.

In theory they could just give an organisation like the LMA a phone call, who would put forward a few names they hadn't thought of
Steve Göldby
Mountain King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2019, 09:48:14 AM »

In theory they could just give an organisation like the LMA a phone call, who would put forward a few names they hadn't thought of

"Hello, is that the LMA? Great - it's Steve Gibson here. I've got a queue of five candidates sitting outside waiting to be interviewed for the Boro manager's job but they're all white. Can you send a black man up here fast so we don't get fined... thanks - do you tell him he didn't get the job or do we do that?"

Farcical!
Steve Göldby
Mountain King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2019, 09:50:11 AM »

I'm going to throw the other side of the argument out there, because I actually think black players need more support to get into management.

At the end of the day this is not about reflecting the percentage of black managers as a reflection of the British population.

Instead, when you take the population to be that of professional football leagues, you have to ask why are there so few black managers when there have been so many black players for decades?

It is one instance where I would agree there appears to be structural bias against black players stopping them getting into management.

Before "structural bias" is confirmed, we need some figures, like how many have actually applied for jobs and been unsuccessful?
Jimmy Cooper

The ace face.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2019, 09:58:33 AM »

"Hello, is that the LMA? Great - it's Steve Gibson here. I've got a queue of five candidates sitting outside waiting to be interviewed for the Boro manager's job but they're all white. Can you send a black man up here fast so we don't get fined... thanks - do you tell him he didn't get the job or do we do that?"

Farcical!
racist,
 ban him steve, 

"you can take the mail and the franking machine and all that other rubbish I have to go about with and you can stuff them right up your arse!” "
Tortured_Mind
TM

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2019, 11:14:45 AM »

Theres a name from the past. The last time I saw that bum he was sniffing glue outside HMV over 35 years ago with all the other deadbeats
Steboro

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2019, 11:42:11 AM »

What happens if the ethnicity question is missing off the application form? 

Why is that even a question on a form anyhow?  So it can be used as an additional filter for racists?

BarnesBoroFC

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2019, 12:34:57 PM »

Before "structural bias" is confirmed, we need some figures, like how many have actually applied for jobs and been unsuccessful?

Well I have no inclination or financial incentive to put that data together, so let's start with a simple point that 25 years ago 16% of players in the premier League were BAME
This has been growing year on year.

https://www-thesun-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4246535/premier-league-black-asian-minority-ethnic-backgrounds-doubled-since-1992/amp/?amp_js_v=0.1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE%3D#

Now I'm not even suggesting there is anything nefarious going on to limit the number of black managers.
I think it is commonly agreed that people generally prefer to be surrounded by those that are of similar backgrounds and perhaps even of similar ethnicity
Add in that football is well known for being an old boys club and it's hardly a stretch to suggest there is structural bias
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 12:44:01 PM by BarnesBoroFC » Logged
Wee_Willie

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2019, 12:44:00 PM »

What % of black players over the years have planned for retirement as a player compared to white players? I would think the results are disproportionate as I genuinely do not believe racism exists in our game beyond a few nutjobs.

This is a dangerous self fulfilling prophecy that is not healthy.
Jimmy Cooper

The ace face.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2019, 12:50:09 PM »

What % of black players over the years have planned for retirement as a player compared to white players? I would think the results are disproportionate as I genuinely do not believe racism exists in our game beyond a few nutjobs.

would have chris Houghton or the west brom  lad who was sacked  here no problem.John barnes though..

"you can take the mail and the franking machine and all that other rubbish I have to go about with and you can stuff them right up your arse!” "
Tortured_Mind
TM

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2019, 12:52:17 PM »

Theres a name from the past. The last time I saw that bum he was sniffing glue outside HMV over 35 years ago with all the other deadbeats
RIK MAYALL

Once in every lifetime

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2019, 12:52:30 PM »

Bame?

Wasn't that the bad guy from The Dark Knight Rises?

Glory Glory Man United
BarnesBoroFC

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2019, 12:54:30 PM »

would have chris Houghton or the west brom  lad who was sacked  here no problem.John barnes though..

Speaking of John Barnes, I watched him in a short segment the other day that inadvertantly seemed to be promoting ethnocentrism and the importance of racial ancestry

https://youtu.be/FKN7jHk1jn
Jimmy Cooper

The ace face.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2019, 12:57:34 PM »

Speaking of John Barnes, I watched him in a short segment the other day that inadvertantly seemed to be promoting ethnocentrism and the importance of racial ancestry

https://youtu.be/FKN7jHk1jn
link not there,

BarnesBoroFC

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2019, 01:02:52 PM »

Strange

Try that:

https://youtu.be/FKN7jHk1jn0
Jimmy Cooper

The ace face.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2019, 01:18:31 PM »

Yes that worked,but I don't know what the programme was trying to say, culture is a bigger driver than some ancestral past. I  might be 90% African by dna but am 100% Teesside by culture.A bloke phoned me at work looking for some computer serial numbers,proper boro gadge on the phone,when he came across he was Pakistani/Indian,(not sure which)  but clearly had the mannerisms/attitude of a typical Teesside bloke.Was expecting him to say "the jobs fucked". monkey

BarnesBoroFC

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2019, 01:41:32 PM »

charles
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length