Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2019, 02:40:13 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: BORO 14/1 TO WIN THE 2019/20 CHAMPIONSHIP HERE...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lets go walking in a Woodgate wonderland  (Read 440 times)
robssosladders
« on: April 15, 2019, 11:21:34 AM »

Tony Pulis working in an advisory capacity. Jonny Woodgate as the manager. No idea who, if anyone else, will be brought in to work under him. Its all been mapped out already is what I am hearing. This is if the most probable happens and we remain in this league next season.

There won't be a great deal of difference from the current situation except that Woodgate will have the final say on team selection and tactics whereas now he is implementing Pulis' instructions when Pulis is not up here. One of our young players told me that Woodgate had a lot to do with the team being set up more attacking recently. Worryingly though, that coincided with us losing six on the spin. We are certainly easier on they eye to watch and this style looks a better long term strategy for us going forward.

I'm not too disappointed with this news. I think we will see a very youthful, positive looking side next season playing the type of football that the team has produced recently, especially in home games. Could be a good move this.
RedSteel

UTB

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 11:33:04 AM »

I don't for a second think that Pulis would let anyone pick his team let alone Woodgate. As for Woodgate, it's unfair to criticise him as a manager until he actually becomes one. However, if true, it stinks of a cost cutting measure, with Gibbo well and truly throwing him under the bus. My view is,(Given the job) he will be out by next February, again when a window has been missed and it's too late to turn it around, whether that be going for a top 6 spot or fighting relegation.

The club needs another Robbo, Karanka signing, a project that will lift the support for the club and give folk hope that we can challenge to get out of this league, with some attacking football. The crossroads is fast approaching for MFC and Gibson.
robssosladders
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 11:37:51 AM »

Pulis won't be manager so Woodgate won't be picking his team. The role that Tony Pulis will take up will be purely advisory.
Rids

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 11:44:09 AM »

Nunthorpe boys sticking together kev?

— as you sow, so shall you reap
robssosladders
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 11:46:20 AM »

I've got no idea kev, I though Gibson was a Park End lad.
RedSteel

UTB

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 11:49:30 AM »

Pulis won't be manager so Woodgate won't be picking his team. The role that Tony Pulis will take up will be purely advisory.

The club needs stripping down from top to bottom if it's ever going to get back to the prem. Jobs for the boys and Pulis as advisor in any capacity simply won't work.
Steve Göldby
Mountain King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 01:30:59 PM »

If this is true, I will get right behind it and support it to the hilt. It would be nowhere near my first choice  but it has to be better than what we currently have. Our most successful managers ever were all rookie managers.
Ghost Of Brian
If god had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 01:36:21 PM »

Tony Pulis working in an advisory capacity. Jonny Woodgate as the manager. No idea who, if anyone else, will be brought in to work under him. Its all been mapped out already is what I am hearing. This is if the most probable happens and we remain in this league next season.

There won't be a great deal of difference from the current situation except that Woodgate will have the final say on team selection and tactics whereas now he is implementing Pulis' instructions when Pulis is not up here. One of our young players told me that Woodgate had a lot to do with the team being set up more attacking recently. Worryingly though, that coincided with us losing six on the spin. We are certainly easier on they eye to watch and this style looks a better long term strategy for us going forward.

I'm not too disappointed with this news. I think we will see a very youthful, positive looking side next season playing the type of football that the team has produced recently, especially in home games. Could be a good move this.
mad kevs mask sliped off again hes ad one too many persian rugs  :lids:
woodate as manger.youv got no idea who coming in under him because someone on facebook has told you a daft rumor.

"I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one."
robssosladders
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2019, 02:03:36 PM »

If this is true, I will get right behind it and support it to the hilt. It would be nowhere near my first choice  but it has to be better than what we currently have. Our most successful managers ever were all rookie managers.

I'm undecided. No strong feelings either way but not totally against the idea. This is a rumour going round a few of the younger players. Usually a good indicator.
robssosladders
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2019, 02:04:54 PM »

woodate as manger.youv got no idea who coming in under him because someone on facebook has told you a daft rumor.

As if someone as old and busy as me would be using facebook you utter dope ha ha hilarious!
Ghost Of Brian
If god had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2019, 02:07:10 PM »

i concur.which young player told u the rumor mate  :tp1:

"I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one."
Ghost Of Brian

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2019, 02:07:39 PM »

As if someone as old and busy as me would be using facebook you utter dope ha ha hilarious! 

robssosladders
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2019, 02:10:06 PM »

Learn how to use the quote function properly young man ha ha what a 42 carat dope you really are ha ha
Ghost Of Brian

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2019, 02:29:48 PM »

sorry kev ill try harder in future.

Dicky2006

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2019, 02:35:38 PM »

So TP is going to advise Woodgate on how to get us promoted even though he couldn’t do it himself?

:tp1:

2016/7 Boro Prediction Winner
2014/5 COB Prem Dream Team Champ
Ural Quntz
Phew thats better

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2019, 08:15:48 PM »

Gibbo: Hey lads lads! I've just had a mint idea that'll bring the crowds streaming back?

The Lads: What's that like Boss? Changing to a more free flowing attacking form of football?

Gibbo: I'm going to appoint an ex Boro Centre Half as our Manager

The Lads: Great idea Boss but didn't we already do that?

Gibbo: Well yes but Mogga didn't have much of a chance cos I gave him nowt to spend?

The Lads; OK - But what about Gareth? He spunked loads on shite players and then you sacked him to bring in Gordon Strachan. Now he's England's Saviour

Gibbo: Yes well - he got us fucking relegated didn't he?

The Lads: But you said at the time it was your fault and you should never have appointed someone without the experience. So has Woody got any experience then?

Gibbo: Well not exactly but he has worked under some of the best Managers in the Business

The Lads: Who - you mean Tony Pulis? Or Aitor Karanka? Or Craig Liddle? Steve Agnew?

Gibbo: Well yes but that's just four of them. Anyway he is great for a laugh around the dressing room

The Lads: Ex centre half's havent done well though have they?

Gibbo: Eh?

The Lads: Well there was Willie Maddren, Colin Todd and Craig Liddle and they didnt do that much.

Gibbo: Well what about Jack Charlton then clever cunts? He did alright didn't he?

The Lads: Yes Boss you're right boss can't argue with that

The Lads: (quietly moving towards the door singing under their breath)

One Nil to the Mighty Reds , One Nil to the Mighty Reds, One Nil....................

"football is an art form and I just want to sit next to the prettiest girl in the room" - Capio 2018
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length