Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 22, 2019, 12:17:08 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: TPs Red Army...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A possible solution to the long running Boro malaise.  (Read 244 times)
Bill Buxton

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2019, 11:54:06 AM »

The powers that be that run the club,essentially Gibson,and a Director of Football, need to sit down and develop a football strategy for the club.They should decide what type of football the club is going to play.Hopefully attacking,pacey and high scoring.This football ethos should not change.Managers and players should be recruited who will enhance this football philosophy.No more lurching from one type of manager to another who inherits a squad unfit for his system.It is a very long term project and needs real football brains running the club.I believe it's what the fans want.The Director of Football is a crucial role followed by the Head Coach.Come on Gibson stop the rot or move on

Pile

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 01:55:34 PM »

Stop employing ex players on the coaching staff unless their performances elsewhere warrant it.

Stop employing yes men.

History teaches us that we learn nothing from history.
Bill Buxton

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 02:14:47 PM »

I suppose Gibson could start employing people who have real ability and experience, not a team of sock puppets who haven't got a useful idea between them.
CLEM FANDANGO

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 03:29:27 PM »

#BOROAJAX.

:pope2:
Bill Buxton

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 03:48:40 PM »

Boro win a home game would be nice.
tunstall

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 01:01:14 AM »

a football strategy for the club?

win games, win trophies and also play fast paced, attacking, flair football

pretty sure there's no other clubs out there who will have this strategy

i think you're on to a winner here Bill.....
Johnny Thunder

Orrible Cunt

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 06:51:37 AM »

Just stop employing fuckin stupid cunts.

Come back Coulby you Fuckin Stupid Cunt
Pile

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 09:24:22 AM »

a football strategy for the club?

win games, win trophies and also play fast paced, attacking, flair football

pretty sure there's no other clubs out there who will have this strategy

i think you're on to a winner here Bill.....
We are managing none of the above.  charles

History teaches us that we learn nothing from history.
Bill Buxton

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 09:28:21 AM »

The " strategy" at present is to attempt not to lose rather than go all out to win
jayjayb

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2019, 10:00:45 AM »

Good innitial post Bill. I believe that Gibson came out with a statement many years ago about how he wanted to develop a Boro version of the "Anfield boot room" whereby coaches were ex players who worked their way through to the managers role whilst sticking to one particular style of play that was ingrained throughout the club. Each team at the club from the juniors to the senior team would adopt the same footballing philosophy and this would make player development and player recruitment a much easier job.

Unfortunately, like many of Gibsons words, they were hollow and never materialised. I think it was during the Robson era that he came out with these particular comments. Then he employed a negative Mclaren followed by a more attacking Southgate. Negative, positive, negative, positive. Thats how it has gone as we have lurched from one disaster to another. No long term strategy in mind its always short term fixes.

I would gladly sacrifice promotion for the next few seasons if it meant developing an entertaining, attacking style of play and ensuring that we retained this style whoever was the manager of the club.

Bring back Mowbray and let him have a go. Doubt he would come though after the way Gibson treated him.

"Not at all. I know your game - you are here to cause damage to the Board and I know exactly how you are trying to do it and exactly who you are too.

I could just ban you and be done with it but I've decided to waste your time instead.

You will tire before I do. I've seen off way better trolls than you plenty of times before."

Steve Goldby
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length