Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2019, 04:00:29 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: The race for a top half place is hotting up...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MAN CITY  (Read 366 times)
Inglorious_Basterd

Au revoir, Shosanna!

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2019, 09:21:44 PM »

Whilst they are being treated to a masterclass by their team, scoring goals for fun and being thoroughly entertained by some of the worlds best footballers...

I wonder if at any point any City fan sat in the crowd thinks...

“Well... this is all well and good, but I feel as though the club has lost it’s soul, I wish we had a local guy running our club”

“He doesn’t even have to have much money, I’d rather be playing in league two if it meant we had an owner who lives in Manchester”

You know... like some of our small time, idiotic fans.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 09:23:23 PM by Inglorious_Basterd » Logged

If a rat were to walk in here right now as I'm talking, would you treat it to a saucer of your delicious milk?
Dwight Teaandtelly

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 09:40:39 PM »

Wealthy foreign owners aren't a guarantee of success. Clubs below us in the table have them ffs.
MF(c) DOOM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 09:44:27 PM »

I think everybody would trade Gibson for sheik mansour. But since sheik Mansour or any other billionaire has tried to buy the boro its a bit of a spurious point
Inglorious_Basterd

Au revoir, Shosanna!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 09:56:23 PM »

I think everybody would trade Gibson for sheik mansour. But since sheik Mansour or any other billionaire has tried to buy the boro its a bit of a spurious point

The thing is, I genuinely believe that there will be quite a few gullible boro fans who would rather stick with the curly haired one than have Sheikh Mansour at the helm.

“One of our own” and all that shite...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 09:58:01 PM by Inglorious_Basterd » Logged

If a rat were to walk in here right now as I'm talking, would you treat it to a saucer of your delicious milk?
monkeyman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 10:39:57 PM »

SELL UP TO THE FUCKING CHINKIES :like:
FUCKING GIBBO THE CURLY HAIRED USELESS CUNT
I WONDER HOW LONG HIS MATES WOULD BE INVOLVED IN THE CLUB IF SOMEONE DID BUY HIM OUT :tp2:
FUCKING NONE :meltdown:
ITS THE ONLY WAY THIS CLUB CAN MOVE ON NOW FAR TOO MANY MISTAKES MADE OVER THE YEARS RAV JUNINHO EMERSON ZENDEN ZIEGE THE PLAYERS WE HAVE HAD AND FAILED TO CEMENT A PLACE IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE FUCK OFF YER CLUELESS CUNT :wanker: :wanker: :wanker: :wanker:
Dicky2006

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 09:57:47 AM »

I feel so fucking sorry for them haha  souey

2016/7 Boro Prediction Winner
2014/5 COB Prem Dream Team Champ
Bill Buxton

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 03:02:44 PM »

One wonders if Gibson is beginning to consider the idea of selling up.He definitely had some sort of overture from a Chinese billionaire, but nothing came of it.His problem now,is that he is a minnow in football ownership terms, and has diversified into other things.Word has it that the mansion being built in Kirby Moorside will end up being another leisure venue.Many fans are getting the impression that Gibson has lost interest in the club.I think he will sell up in the next five years.If he does we need a billionaire owner with a real passion for football and a desire to make Boro a creditable Premier League outfit.Yes I know some of these foreign owners can be dodgy but others can do the business.At present Wolves are a good example of how you can get it right.They are no bigger a club than Boro.
tunstall

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 03:34:43 PM »

Gary Gill might buy the club

He knows a bargain when he sees one

:mido:
Northallerton_Boro

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 03:37:32 PM »

I watched City a couple of games back against some mediocre team. Its was so obvious what the outcome was that it was boring, even the supporters looked bored. However, over the course of this successful period they are going to have some special nights and moments that most clubs will only dream of.

When you look back at our seasons we will all highlight the same moments. Potentially having a moment every season is something we would all take over what we have currently.

I would hate us to suddenly have 48 thousand fans and see tourists taking selfies but it goes with the success im afraid.

A lot of the problems for me is how other teams now judge playing city. For example, last season Newcastle where over the moon that they only conceded 1 or 2 goals. That was more important in their season than trying to take them on. If the current gulf between the top 6 continues to grow and I think it will, I mean 94 points might not win the league this year. I think the rules would have to be looked at.

Then again it wont be long before a super league or league of nations for domestic clubs is developed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length