Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 21, 2019, 05:36:44 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: TPs Red Army...

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I am cooking a three bird roast for the very first time today  (Read 915 times)
jayjayb

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2019, 11:02:44 AM »

Well, two of them actually. I have the extended family coming over for sunday lunch. Has anyone ever cooked this dish before? Any tips? I must admit I have cheated slightly and had my butcher prepare the birds first. Chicken, pheasant and duck. Got a brace of pheasant from a shoot yesterday and picked it up this morning from the butchers house. Nice and fresh. Always useful to become friendly with a butcher!

Been advised that a top notch stuffing is key to this dish so have gone with crushed walnuts, mushroom, onions and a bit of celery.

"Not at all. I know your game - you are here to cause damage to the Board and I know exactly how you are trying to do it and exactly who you are too.

I could just ban you and be done with it but I've decided to waste your time instead.

You will tire before I do. I've seen off way better trolls than you plenty of times before."

Steve Goldby
Jethro Tull
We need to win football matches

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 11:12:13 AM »

Best ask Ron he's the culinary expert in these parts.

All about fine margins.We are what we are.It is what it is.
jayjayb

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 11:13:46 AM »

That would be ron_manager? We had a disagreement last week so I would hazard a guess he is loathe to assist but hopefully he see's this and contributes, is he a chef?

"Not at all. I know your game - you are here to cause damage to the Board and I know exactly how you are trying to do it and exactly who you are too.

I could just ban you and be done with it but I've decided to waste your time instead.

You will tire before I do. I've seen off way better trolls than you plenty of times before."

Steve Goldby
Jethro Tull
We need to win football matches

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 11:17:51 AM »

That would be ron_manager? We had a disagreement last week so I would hazard a guess he is loathe to assist but hopefully he see's this and contributes, is he a chef?
Not a chef by profession but his cooking expertise is legendary on here. :like:

All about fine margins.We are what we are.It is what it is.
LEON TROTSKY

BERNIE THE KIDDY FIDDLING CUNT !!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 11:18:45 AM »

IS HE   klins

souey
LEON TROTSKY

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 11:21:21 AM »

Always useful to become friendly with a butcher!

WHEN I LIVED AND WORKED IN BELFAST IN THE 80'S AND 90'S I GOT TOO KNOW THE SHANKILL  BUTCHER AND SOME OF HIS FAMILY  mcl

:mido: monkey :homer:
Pile

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 11:23:21 AM »

Aren’t you going to hang the pheasants for a couple of days? You don’t have to but they taste better in my option, especially if they’re wild like yours were.

History teaches us that we learn nothing from history.
jayjayb

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 11:29:03 AM »

I should have done really, some say they can be slightly tough but they were hung yesterday morning and my butcher says they will be fine.

Steve Goldby
LEON TROTSKY

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2019, 11:29:16 AM »

STARTED OUT AS A STORE DETECTIVE   monkey

AND WORKED HIS WAY UP TO SOCIAL WORKER STATUS   jc

GOT THE DIRTIEST MUCKIEST CURTAINS YOU'VE EVER SEEN   mcl

:alf:
Pile

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2019, 11:29:58 AM »

I should have done really, some say they can be slightly tough but they were hung yesterday morning and my butcher says they will be fine.
:like:

They must be of a young age.

History teaches us that we learn nothing from history.
jayjayb

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2019, 11:30:52 AM »

"The dirtiest muckiest curtains ever"

Brilliant. Made me spit my coffee out when I read that!

Steve Goldby
jayjayb

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2019, 11:35:14 AM »

:like:

They must be of a young age.

Possibly, I'm no expert. I would imagine that cooking them inside the chicken would keep it soft and moist, at least moister than if they were roasted on their own. I'm also going to roast them on a lower heat over a longer period of time. Fingers crossed it comes out OK.

Steve Goldby
mingebag

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2019, 11:35:37 AM »

Ask the fattest cunt on COB  
There always the best cooks     :alastair:

Rob Nichols nicked my nose
True story
jayjayb

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2019, 11:36:36 AM »

Is that ClemFandango? Clem? Any advice?

Steve Goldby
LEON TROTSKY

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2019, 11:39:39 AM »

Ask the fattest cunt on COB  
There always the best cooks     :alastair:

RODGERS WAS THE FATTEST CUNT ON ERE  mcl BUT COULDN'T BURN HIS FUCKING FINGERS  monkey

NOW HE IS A LEAN MEAN FIGHTING MACHINE  charles

PULIS OUT IS PROBS THE FATTEST CUNT ON ERE NOW  jc

HE CAN'T COOK NEITHER BUT HAS THE FUCKING PIE AND PARMO SHOP ON SPEED DIAL  :alf:
Flar

I can see Deidre now Lorraine has gone

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2019, 11:40:48 AM »

Pheasants are out of season now, so there wouldn’t have been a shoot yesterday

jayjayb

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2019, 11:42:06 AM »

I can assure you they were. A friend of mine was on the shoot. Got over 80 according to him.

Edit: Just called him. Season finished now, that was the last shoot. Onto duck and goose for the rest of the month he said. So looks like its goose for me next week ha ha
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 11:45:45 AM by jayjayb » Logged

Steve Goldby
El Capitan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2019, 11:43:04 AM »

Last shoot of the season Feb 1st  :pd:

Rob Nichols ruined my life.
duckyfuzz

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2019, 11:44:13 AM »

Pheasants are out of season now, so there wouldn’t have been a shoot yesterday

Absolutely bang on.

We have people come to our farm to do it. I think it finished on the 1st feb.

But don’t let the truth get in the way of a good yarn.

jayjayb

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2019, 11:46:53 AM »

Is it illegal? Might bribe him to get some free goose next week!

Steve Goldby
CapsDave

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2019, 11:51:37 AM »

How terribly embarrassing.

Tell you straight how it is now . I am a real nut case you got that right . I am not Liddle who will wait to bump into you after all I do not know who you are do I. I will never find out from this site either. But here's the thing. the police will. And I will put a report in to them.
jayjayb

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2019, 11:52:25 AM »

Aren't your feet sore yet? Hilarious!

Steve Goldby
Rids

https://flagshop.co.za/700/spain-flags.jpg

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2019, 11:54:15 AM »

Kev will be telling us about his three Thai bird roasting next.
CapsDave

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2019, 11:54:23 AM »

I wonder what number bird roast Monty is doing today....

Tell you straight how it is now . I am a real nut case you got that right . I am not Liddle who will wait to bump into you after all I do not know who you are do I. I will never find out from this site either. But here's the thing. the police will. And I will put a report in to them.
jayjayb

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2019, 11:57:43 AM »

Going in the oven in 3 minutes! Despite the lack of helpful info on here I'm confident I have it all in hand.

Steve Goldby
Rids

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2019, 12:03:33 PM »

Çooked his goose!
jayjayb

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2019, 12:06:16 PM »

Goose foie gras next week. Just put an order in for three.

Steve Goldby
Rids

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2019, 12:13:38 PM »

Ask your butcher if he has any in season bullshit pie.
monkeyman

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2019, 12:16:55 PM »

IS HE   klins

souey
:tp1:
jayjayb

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2019, 12:21:31 PM »

Ask your butcher if he has any in season bullshit pie.

Its only pheasant rids. I'll save you some if you're as jealous as you sound ha ha enjoy your pot noodle and micro chips.

Hilarious!

Steve Goldby
Rids

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2019, 12:25:07 PM »

You are looking quite the fool Kev.

Hilarious!
jayjayb

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2019, 12:33:24 PM »

On the contrary kev. I'm enjoying your bitterness.

Steve Goldby
mingebag

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2019, 12:36:04 PM »

Going in the oven in 3 minutes! Despite the lack of helpful info on here I'm confident I have it all in hand.

Don't put your hand in as well silly cunt 
It'll get burnt  souey

True story
jayjayb

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2019, 12:38:43 PM »

That made me chuckle! A friend of mine once tried to cook his own head in the oven.

Steve Goldby
Rids

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2019, 12:47:50 PM »

That made me chuckle! A friend of mine once tried to cook his own head in the oven.

Probably tried to gas himself after hours listening to your bullshit.
Steboro

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2019, 12:51:11 PM »

What a load of old shite.

Anyone that goes hunting game doesnt waste time nor money on a butcher.  It's the simplest of tasks to prepare bird meat.
jayjayb

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2019, 12:54:24 PM »

Probably tried to gas himself after hours listening to your bullshit.

Gas ovens ha ha how old are you?

Steve Goldby
jayjayb

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2019, 12:55:12 PM »

What a load of old shite.

Anyone that goes hunting game doesnt waste time nor money on a butcher.  It's the simplest of tasks to prepare bird meat.

I wouldn't know where to start. I also don't go shooting.

Steve Goldby
El Capitan

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2019, 02:20:10 PM »

It’s not illegal, it just doesn’t happen.

80 birds from a shoot yesterday? Hilarious.  charles

Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2019, 02:21:37 PM »

More lies, is there a pattern
jayjayb

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2019, 02:22:25 PM »

Yes, my mate must have been lying to me. I mean, you can see what he has to gain from giving me a brace of pheasants and telling me they were shot yesterday. Good heavens, that is funny! The envy is strong in you steve but the obsession is greater!

Steve Goldby
El Capitan

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2019, 02:25:13 PM »

How embarrassing. Just delete the thread fella  monkey :jackanory:

jayjayb

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2019, 02:26:32 PM »

You are praying it is but it really isn't. How mad is that making you steve? I've caught some whoppers today without even trying. A trio of dopes dancing to my tune.

Hilarious.

Steve Goldby
El Capitan

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2019, 02:38:31 PM »

How about a nice local, seasonal fruit salad beforehand?

Mango, papaya etc  :nige:

jayjayb

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2019, 02:40:23 PM »

He's fuming isn't he ha ha love it!

Steve Goldby
Flar

I can see Deidre now Lorraine has gone

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2019, 02:47:17 PM »

It’s not illegal, it just doesn’t happen.

80 birds from a shoot yesterday? Hilarious.  charles

80 isn’t a lot for a days shooting, but an estate capable of putting that sort of day on wouldn’t do it out of season. Think he’s been pulling your leg and he found them run over
jayjayb

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2019, 02:53:38 PM »

So what your saying is that I'm about to tuck into roadkill? ha ha seriously though, I could post the name of the estate he goes to, its fairly local, but it might get them in trouble by the sounds of it.

Steve Goldby
Rids

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2019, 04:11:42 PM »

Pallister Park by the sounds of it.
mingebag

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2019, 04:16:04 PM »

Pallister Park by the sounds of it.

charles mcl

3 bird spit roast always on the menu in PP 

True story
Rids

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2019, 04:27:36 PM »

Why are pally park lasses such dirty cows?

Did they stick all the whores from over the border into that estate?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length