Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2018, 07:07:20 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: TPs Red Army...

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wilder vs Fury  (Read 1374 times)
calamity

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2018, 08:41:37 PM »

Boxing judging is an utter farce. It’s time referees were anonymous and watching the fight remotely. 10 of them in a room together.
Jake Andrews

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2018, 11:47:13 PM »

Neither did Wilder who only proved what most of us already knew; he's a bang average fighter who hits hard. Fury gave him a boxing lesson and clearly really won the fight but for dodgy judges. Anyone who watched it and says Wilder won is a either thick as fuck or a bent judge.

:like:    :like:    :like:
calamity

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2018, 10:15:48 AM »

Wilder now in social media saying that "you saw the best Fury but not the best Wilder". Wonder what he means. Surely he isn't deluded enough to think he can actually Box With Fury? Rematch will be very interesting.

How do you think they'd go vs Joshua? Think it could be a question of who lands first in Joshua vs Wilder. Think he has more boxing talent too and could knock Fury out through volume, if not power.

We'd end up with a draw though, Joshua probably should have lost on Points like Wilder should have.   :meltdown:
Jake Andrews

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2018, 12:03:44 PM »

That was the very best of Wilder. He's not going to suddenly learn how to box & he's not going to somehow hit Fighters even harder. Thats him as he is, in his prime.

That was not the very best of Fury. With all that weight he put on & all that time out the ring, he rushed his comeback. As long as Fury is in the right mental state, he will beat Wilder in a rematch. Fury will be in better shape next time & the Judges will 100% be on their best behaviour. Fury by an even wider Decision.

If Wilder hit Joshua with the same punches that Fury took, Joshua wouldn't make it. Joshua hasn't got anywhere near the level of Boxing I.Q to get through something like that. Wladimir would have finished Joshua if it wasn't for Vitali Klitschko telling his younger Brother not to commit & just box his way to victory.

Would Wilder find himself in a position to land those massive punches on Joshua? I don't think so. Wilder was happy to go swinging against Fury because Fury rarely plants his feet to go for a knockout punch. He's light hitting mainly because he's always on the move. Joshua has thudding power. He doesn't necessarily have that crazy one shot power like Wilder has, but every punch from Joshua does plenty of damage.

Wilder will be cautious against Joshua just as Joshua will be cautious against Wilder. Everybody says that Fight will be a shootout. Whoever lands first etc. I actually think it will be a chess match with both of them not prepared to commit in case they get tagged by the other. In a Fight like that, the better boxer wins & that is Joshua. He won't have to worry about not getting the Decision as that Fight will be certain to happen in the UK.

Fury/Joshua is the Fight. When that eventually happens, providing there's not a stupid momentum killer, that will be the biggest Fight in the UK ever. Something that I've previously said on here a few years ago. The build up, the animosity, the revenue will be nothing like anything else before. Everybody in the land will have an opinion on who will win. I only hope it doesn't take too long to happen & become like Floyd/Pacquiao.
calamity

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2018, 12:16:06 PM »

Fair points, a lot of People think this "built" Wilder up, I think it was the opposite really, couldn't beat the half fit Fury, with even his vaunted power not counting for much.

You think Joshua would land more on Fury?

You would have to think their fight could break records for crowds, which is the largest capacity venue in the UK? Wembley? Is it possible to have a crowd over 90K?
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2018, 12:21:07 PM »

AJ is a much better boxer/fighter than wilder. Wilder is and always has been a terrible boxer.
Jake Andrews

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2018, 12:41:30 PM »

It built Wilder up in terms of the casual Sports fans now knowing his name. Especially in America. Tyson Fury creates headline news wherever he goes.

Joshua will tag Fury at some point. Maybe not as hard. Probably more close up punches in clinches wearing Fury down. A Fight between Fury & Joshua won't be as flowing as the Fight at the weekend was. Fury didn't need to clinch that often & Wilder didn't fancy going down that road as Fury is quite a bit physically stronger than Wilder.

Joshua in a way is easier to read than Wilder because Joshua can actually be a skilled Boxer. Wilder is completely random. He's basic as fuck but that can be difficult for opponents at first as it's not what other high level Fighters are used to.

No matter what courtesies Fury gives to Wilder, Fury has absolutely zero respect for Wilder's Boxing I.Q or the training team surrounding Wilder. Joshua has the ability himself to read a Fight (not to the level Fury can) & the team around him to confidently change tactics midway through a Fight. I can't see Fury pissing about switching off in a Fight with Joshua. He'll do the whole hands behind his back, sticking his tongue out routine but that's to wind Joshua up rather than having a laugh with the crowd.

It is possible for Wembley to fill up even more but the local Council have to give permission for it. Something they've been reluctant to do in the past.

calamity

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2018, 02:00:24 PM »

That's one thing difficult to separate out from all this, a lot of the media coverage is to benefit the casual, and from Reading it all you'd be forgiven in thinking Joshua has no chance against these 2. Be very interesting what happens.

Do you think there will be a rematch, then maybe the winner vs Joshua?

If it was Joshua vs Fury would they og straight to it, or would there be tune up fights? Is there a possibility for a daft mandatory to come into things?
Ben G
Mountain King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2018, 02:49:50 PM »

One thing we've learnt is that Fury is an exceptional boxer.

Which heavyweight in recent history do you think would definitely beat him?
Lewis possibly but nobody else until we get to the Frazier, Ali and Foreman era.

Fury would have Tyson in absolute knots if they had both met.

Tory Cunt
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2018, 04:38:46 PM »

Larry Holmes was an exceptional heavyweight, he always seems to get overlooked.
coulbyboro.

The future is unwritten.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2018, 04:55:15 PM »

Styles make fights.
Wilder vs AJ
Wilder  will land on AJ because he moves around quicker,AJ's  his best chance is to catch him coming in.If wilder hits him AJ goes down,he tires in the later rounds..Wilder win.
Fury vs AJ.
Fury will grab and hold and lean on AJ.I'd tale fury on points.
Wilder Fury 2.
Same as the first,Fury will box,wilder will punch,unless wilder stops him,fury  points win.

TerryCochranesSocks

Pull your socks up Tel.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2018, 06:27:26 PM »

Wilder v Fury 2  - Fury win on points
Fury v AJ -  AJ win by KO  (if not then points win for Fury)
AJ v Wilder - AJ win by KO (Wilder is the worst of the three by far, he's average at best)

I fuckin' hate smart-arsed signatures
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2018, 06:33:00 PM »

Joshua to become undisputed champion.
calamity

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2018, 06:44:55 PM »

Wonder if they will try fit the rematch in next year and Joshua vs the winner.

Does Joshua have any mandatories coming up?
calamity

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2018, 11:15:19 PM »

Been reading that if the fury vs wilder rematch happens then Joshua will be fighting Whyte. Wasn’t there a bet in here on that  monkey
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2018, 11:20:10 PM »

White is fighting chisora shortly, not a certainly.
Steve Göldby
Mountain King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2018, 01:03:06 AM »

Wonder if they will try fit the rematch in next year and Joshua vs the winner.

Does Joshua have any mandatories coming up?

I think this is what will happen. Joshua will probably fight the winner of White v Chisora on April 13th, then the Fury v Wilder rematch will happen in June-ish.

I still want to know who ducked who out of Joshua and Wilder? Or maybe they both agreed not to go for it yet thinking it would be much bigger further down the line?   
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2018, 01:13:18 AM »

Joshua and Hearn will be chomping at the bit to get wilder in the ring, he was exposed for the bang average fighter he is. Tyson gets credit for his performance because of the demons he fought to get back to that level. He still got decked twice more than he should have done.
calamity

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2018, 02:46:53 PM »

Difficult to know if it's ducking, Finances, all playing a game to up the ante.

Given the profile of the heavyweight division now do they need a long time period to promote? I'd suggest PPV wouldn't increase much more if they "build" for a year. Stadium will obviously sell out whenever they do it.
coulbyboro.

The future is unwritten.

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2018, 03:11:00 PM »

Given the profile of the heavyweight division now do they need a long time period to promote? I'd suggest PPV wouldn't increase much more if they "build" for a year. Stadium will obviously sell out whenever they do it.
they should get the rematch asap while the interest is still there and they're both at decent fitness levels.
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2018, 03:15:02 PM »

Do you think wilder wants a rematch? I'm not so sure.
calamity

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2018, 03:15:40 PM »

they should get the rematch asap while the interest is still there and they're both at decent fitness levels.

Is Fury allowed a rematch after being knocked Down? Does he have a concussion ban?
coulbyboro.

The future is unwritten.

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2018, 03:18:13 PM »

Do you think wilder wants a rematch? I'm not so sure.
calamity

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2018, 03:22:08 PM »

Apparently that "wasn't the best" of Wilder so maybe he thinks he can win a rematch.

Obviously Words are different to actions. Be funny if he turns down a rematch after bleating about Joshua being a chicken.
TerryCochranesSocks

Pull your socks up Tel.

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2018, 04:38:47 PM »

Joshua and Hearn will be chomping at the bit to get wilder in the ring, he was exposed for the bang average fighter he is. Tyson gets credit for his performance because of the demons he fought to get back to that level. He still got decked twice more than he should have done.

champing

jc

Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2018, 04:53:42 PM »

Fuck off you horsey twat :gaz:
TerryCochranesSocks

Pull your socks up Tel.

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2018, 05:14:16 PM »

donkey

Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2018, 05:18:49 PM »

The idiom is usually written chomping at the bit, and some people consider this spelling wrong. But chomp can also mean to bite or chew noisily (though chomped things are often eaten, while champed things are not), so chomp at the bit means roughly the same as champ at the bit.

:bc: :homer:
TerryCochranesSocks

Pull your socks up Tel.

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2018, 05:29:20 PM »

You can always find something on the web to excuse an error but the saying is "champing at the bit" and that's all there is to it.

You cunt.

jc

Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2018, 05:31:16 PM »

Only to you country bumpkins
TerryCochranesSocks

Pull your socks up Tel.

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2018, 05:38:17 PM »

(Horses fucking terrify me)
 sshhh

Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2018, 05:43:29 PM »

When I was 10/11 I knocked about with twins who lived at wilton. Their old man managed all of ICI farms in the area, they were minted and owned horses I regularly used to ride them. In fact I was champing at the bit for weekends to come round. :tp1:
Johnny Thunder

Orrible Cunt

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2018, 05:48:19 PM »

The idiom is usually written chomping at the bit, and some people consider this spelling wrong. But chomp can also mean to bite or chew noisily (though chomped things are often eaten, while champed things are not), so chomp at the bit means roughly the same as champ at the bit.

:bc: :homer:

What a fuckin boring daft cunt.

Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2018, 05:50:44 PM »

I didnt write it, you silly cigar smoking, whiskey drinking, perverted, sparky, Normanby cunt.

:alf: :basil:
calamity

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2018, 06:59:16 PM »

Didn’t know Johnny was a Normanby cunt. Explains a lot. Place went downhill when I left early nineties  :alf:

Lot of family still around there!
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2018, 07:03:28 PM »

I'm going up there tonight, if I bump into any of them I'll give them a dig for you :tp1:
calamity

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2018, 07:06:52 PM »

Just don’t go for my oldest aunt, she’s about 80yr old and tough as teak. She’s have knacked Duffy in his prime 

How many drinking establishments left in normanby these days?
CLEM FANDANGO

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2018, 07:11:05 PM »

I didnt write it, you silly Abanian cigar smoking, Peruvian whiskey drinking, perverted, wanky, Normanby cockwomble spunk eating dog fingering fucktard cunt.

:alf: :basil:

CORRECTED FOR YOU

jc
CLEM FANDANGO

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2018, 07:11:53 PM »

I AM VERY FAMILIAR WITH NORMANBY.

Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2018, 07:29:25 PM »

Just don’t go for my oldest aunt, she’s about 80yr old and tough as teak. She’s have knacked Duffy in his prime 

Woody, Normanby, tiger, clevo and the pov. Eston and normanby club is still there
coulbyboro.

The future is unwritten.

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2018, 07:39:21 PM »

Woody, Normanby, tiger, clevo and the pov. Eston and normanby club is still there
are the bands back on in the normanby yet.
calamity

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2018, 07:42:47 PM »

That’s basically all the pubs? The Parklands still open?

Load of alcys in Normanby to sustain that many boozers  charles
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2018, 07:46:17 PM »

Oh there's one called the shed or something.

Not been in the Normanby since it reopened.
calamity

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2018, 07:52:41 PM »

Is that a micro pub or something?

Used to play snooker and billiards in the Eston and Normanby. Conquest still there?
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 07, 2018, 07:54:13 PM »

Yes, sizzler pub.
calamity

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2018, 08:05:26 PM »

Sounds like somewhere you’d find Clem, allegedly  :alf:
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 07, 2018, 09:43:12 PM »

WBC Ordered an immediate rematch apparently.
calamity

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 07, 2018, 09:48:10 PM »

Great for their organization! Been a long time since any real rivalries at heavyweight.

Been seeing a lot of stuff on Usyk vs Joshua today. Can’t imagine they’d throw Usyk straight in with him?
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2018, 09:56:55 PM »

No chance!!
CLEM FANDANGO

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2018, 10:56:35 PM »

Sounds like somewhere you’d find Clem, allegedly  :alf:

I USED TO GO IN THE CONQUEST.

NEXT DOOR TO 6TH FORM.

:beer: jc
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up