Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2018, 02:32:47 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: TPs Red Army...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England squad  (Read 287 times)
BoroPE

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2018, 02:24:39 PM »

Goalkeepers: Jack Butland, Jordan Pickford, Nick Pope.

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold, Gary Cahill, Fabian Delph, Phil Jones, Harry Maguire, Danny Rose, John Stones, Kieran Trippier, Kyle Walker, Ashley Young.

Midfielders: Dele Alli, Eric Dier, Jordan Henderson, Jesse Lingard, Ruben Loftus-Cheek.

Forwards: Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Raheem Sterling, Jamie Vardy, Danny Welbeck.

Stand-by: Tom Heaton, James Tarkowski, Lewis Cook, Jake Livemore and Adam Lallana.  klins
SmogOnTour

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 03:02:30 PM »

I don't know why Southgate has picked Alexander-Arnold when he's already taking Walker and Trippier and has Jones as cover for right-backs too. And three left-backs???

Surely one or two more creative midfielders would have been a better option.
BoroPE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 03:19:45 PM »

The midfield isnt going to scare anyone.
SmogOnTour

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 03:31:13 PM »

Does The FA realise there's an England outside of London? Worse than the BBC.  rava

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGZ_SQswAdk
Dicky2006

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 03:49:52 PM »

Smalling should be in the side nevermind the bloody squad  souey

2016/7 Boro Prediction Winner
2014/5 COB Prem Dream Team Champ
Jake Andrews

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 04:04:03 PM »

I don't know why Southgate has picked Alexander-Arnold when he's already taking Walker and Trippier and has Jones as cover for right-backs too. And three left-backs???

Because he plans to use Walker as a Centre Back in a Three.

It's not really three Left Backs. Delph will more likely be used as cover in Defensive Midfield. Young may play as Left Back or be cover as a Winger.

Very happy to see Young included. He genuinely enjoys playing for England.
SmogOnTour

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 04:20:40 PM »

It's not really three Left Backs. Delph will more likely be used as cover in Defensive Midfield. Young may play as Left Back or be cover as a Winger.

Walker is still a RB though. If Trippier is unavailable then you play Walker there and Jones within that back three. Taking A-A makes no sense when you're already sufficiently covered in that position and have a weak midfield that's lacking options.

And Delph is in that squad based on his performance as a LB this season at Man City, same with Young. If you want a left-winger, then take Albrighton, or at least take a punt on Sancho or Lookman.
Jake Andrews

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2018, 06:59:33 PM »

Walker is still a RB though. If Trippier is unavailable then you play Walker there and Jones within that back three. Taking A-A makes no sense when you're already sufficiently covered in that position and have a weak midfield that's lacking options.

And Delph is in that squad based on his performance as a LB this season at Man City, same with Young. If you want a left-winger, then take Albrighton, or at least take a punt on Sancho or Lookman.

Walker is a Right Back but he'll most likely be used as a Centre Back. Makes sense to me.

I've been a big fan of giving Albrighton his chance. I mentioned that on here at least once before. The time for that was around Leicester's Title Winning Season. His form hasn't been good enough to warrant a place in the England Squad this year.

It's probably too much too soon for Lookman & Sancho. One should have been on the Standby list, in my opinion. Their bravery to go abroad should be applauded.

Ashley Young can play anywhere on the pitch except Keeper & Centre Back. That is also why he is in there.
SmogOnTour

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2018, 07:12:59 PM »

I really don't even know what point you're arguing to be honest.

If you think Alexander-Arnold should be in the squad then at least explain why, as his inclusion was my main point of contention, especially at the expense of creative midfielders.
Wee_Willie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2018, 08:14:05 AM »

gary cahill has been shite/injured (like Jack Wilshere and Joe Hart) but is still selected  :wanker:

Midfield looks utterly shit and pedestrian
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length