Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2018, 05:56:40 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: TPs Red Army...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tony Pulis in his element now  (Read 762 times)
thebannedone
« on: April 16, 2018, 05:18:29 AM »

Having the wily welsh wizard as manager is going to be a massive advantage over the coming weeks. He is in his element now. No midweek games, full week of tactical preparation between each fixture and a win at any cost approach to the games.

I reckon both ourselves and Cardiff have a distinct advantage with two hugely experienced and tactically astute managers in charge. This is the business end of the season. Nobody gives a shiny shite about performances, it is all about getting the results and Pulis and Warnock know exactly how to do it.

Is it a coincidence to see Derby dropping away? Their manager has little experience of this situation. I don't think Millwall will stay the course either despite their form. One slip up and they will crumble. Neil Harris has done well and they have momentum but one bad result and he won't be able to keep them on track. I fancy Preston for the final play off spot. Hard working team and once again, a manager in charge in Alex Neil who knows exactly what it takes at this stage of the season.

Bruce, Warnock, Pulis and Neil in the playoffs? Some experience right there and I wouldnt say there is an overwhelming favourite if it is to be those four contesting it.

RedSteel

UTB

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 05:42:42 AM »

I can't see us getting anything at Derby. They will be right up for it and we are very poor away from home. Millwall is the crunch game. Win that and we make the playoffs. Winning the playoffs, not a chance.
thebannedone
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 05:49:56 AM »

Derby just got humped at Burton! Think they have only won 1 home game in past 5 which was against Bolton and they lost 4-1 against fuckin Sunderland!

We are a better team away from home than our results suggest and have not really had the rub of the green in a lot of games away from home since Pulis took over. Silly mistakes, sendings off, poor refereeing decisions and a couple of worldies scored against us. In addition to this, we do not need to go there and try to win the game. They are the ones that have to go for the win which suits us perfectly. I don't see us getting beat there, draw at worst.

As for the playoffs, its a lottery. As long as Fulham seal the final automatic position then we have nothing to fear at all.

As I said, Pulis will be in his element. Just keep it tight, play counter attacking football and be dangerous at set pieces. That is exactly how Tony Pulis wants it as it suits us perfectly.

Crocket

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 06:21:29 AM »

Latest odds on offer to win the play off's

Looks like Cardiff take 2nd spot so they offer 7/1 in case they don't. Millwall cracking price on the form they are in. I think we will win them if we make it.
thebannedone
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 07:25:28 AM »

Fair prices but I have a feeling Fulham may just sneak that 2nd place. Would be better for us if they did.
yabbadabbawho

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 09:19:25 AM »

TO our advantage if Fulham win at Millwall on Friday.    :homer:
Bob End and his Sexy Bitch

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 09:56:28 AM »

TO our advantage if Fulham win at Millwall on Friday.    :homer:

Double win. Mind, I like Fulham away game. My favourite, I think.
aytonstrummer

the future is unwritten

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 04:45:18 PM »

what a load of bollocks  monkey

did the burton and sheffield utd games just come too early in the run in then  :chrisk:

there is only one way of life ....... your own
Jethro Tull
We need to win football matches

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 08:21:42 PM »

Pulis is no better than any fucker else' if his mate Gestede hadn't been crocked Pulis would have played him every game & the play-offs would be long gone.

All about fine margins.We are what we are.It is what it is.
Jake Andrews

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 10:58:04 PM »

Loving the positivity.

:mido:    :mido:    :mido:
thebannedone
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2018, 04:19:39 AM »

The same Burton that just battered Derby? That Burton?

:alf:

I think you underestimate the wily welsh wizard!

:tp4:
thebannedone
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2018, 06:51:22 AM »

jc

The wily Welsh wizard is weaving his magic!
Crocket

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2018, 07:16:11 AM »

Having the wily welsh wizard as manager is going to be a massive advantage over the coming weeks. He is in his element now. No midweek games, full week of tactical preparation between each fixture and a win at any cost approach to the games.

Nobody gives a shiny shite about performances, it is all about getting the results and Pulis and Warnock know exactly how to do it.

I like this type of banter  :like:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length