Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2018, 01:01:23 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: TPs Red Army...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Old Trafford  (Read 1394 times)
Robbso

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2018, 04:46:45 PM »

Got to be one of the quietest grounds in the league. The atmosphere seems non existent. When they beat us there last time out they sang twice just after both of their goals. Them and arsenal are piss poor.
Ural Quntz
Phew thats better

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 04:50:01 PM »

Arsenal I can understand - the Emirates is built so it cant have a natural 'Kop' end

So it gets like the Riverside North Stand with a mix of women kids miserable twats etc that don't tend to make noise

You need drunken lads for the best atmosphere

No reason for OT of course - maybe prawn sandwiches do that?

:homer: :alastair:

"football is an art form and I just want to sit next to the prettiest girl in the room" - Capio 2018
dixieland

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 04:53:39 PM »

Pretty sure Dicky will be able to explain the empty seats issue. He bleats on about Man City’s empty seats all the time. Manchester huge city but not sure of why this is happening to them.
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 04:55:53 PM »

Highbury was shit as well. Just crap fans. Talking to a Bristol city fan in the boozer after the game, he's followed them all over the country and loves coming to the north east. Proper fans in his opinion.
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 04:57:25 PM »

Pretty sure Dicky will be able to explain the empty seats issue. He bleats on about Man City’s empty seats all the time. Manchester huge city but not sure of why this is happening to them.

No affiliation to the club many of them. They don't have the same passion for the club in my opinion.
Ural Quntz
Phew thats better

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 04:59:23 PM »

Their expectations become higher - as ours would I guess if we had 40 years of winning things!

:nige:

"football is an art form and I just want to sit next to the prettiest girl in the room" - Capio 2018
coulbyboro.

The future is unwritten.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 05:07:52 PM »

No affiliation to the club many of them. They don't have the same passion for the club in my opinion.
It's usually the plastics that are the most vociferous, shouting at the tv that is. monkey
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 05:23:10 PM »

Good fucking save that.
Squarewheelbike

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2018, 05:30:36 PM »

I was there for the '92 League Cup semi, when they still had the old Stretford End. While it was still 1-1 the score board showed QPR had beaten Leeds 4-1. The noise that came out of that old stand after that pretty much blew their winner into the net. Never sounds like that anymore.
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2018, 05:37:25 PM »

I remember purple nose urging their fans to make some noise against us in the league cup tie there. He was going ballistic.
pussy galore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2018, 05:42:28 PM »

Here I am.

Yeh OT is quiet but show me a ground that isn't. Anfield is just as bad for league games as old Trafford the emirates and the emptyhad.

The best atmosphere in the league is palace for me or possibly burnley

Get ya twat out bitch
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2018, 05:44:53 PM »

Anfield is poor. Not as bad as old Trafford or arsenal though. Burnley??? Piss poor. Palace average at best.
CLEM FANDANGO

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2018, 05:49:23 PM »

Old Trafford sucks balls.
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2018, 05:52:09 PM »

United gift city the title afterall
pussy galore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2018, 05:57:55 PM »

I suppose that's what success brings you.

Get ya twat out bitch
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2018, 06:09:56 PM »

I suppose that's what success brings you.

Bud Wiser

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2018, 07:07:21 PM »

Poor Sky. How are they going to sell the rest of the season now?

The titles won. The Champions League places are pretty much decided whilst the three relegation spots are all but taken.

I can just see the promotional Headings now: 'Don't miss the gripping battle for... Europa League qualification'.

:nige: :nige: :nige:

Pile

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2018, 07:12:32 PM »

The titles won. The Champions League places are pretty much decided whilst the three relegation spots are all but taken.

I can just see the promotional Headings now: 'Don't miss the gripping battle for... Europa League qualification'.

expect to see some discounts on the sky sports package. Do they have World Cup games not on terrestrial tele? They might start bigging that up.

History teaches us that we learn nothing from history.
Jake Andrews

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2018, 11:07:55 PM »

expect to see some discounts on the sky sports package. Do they have World Cup games not on terrestrial tele? They might start bigging that up.

They'll all be on terrestrial TV.
Jake Andrews

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2018, 11:17:30 PM »

The Palace atmosphere can look brilliant on TV.

Going to last Seasons game, I was disappointed. It's also horrible to get to in the car. Never a-fucking-gain.

I went to almost every Away League game last Season. The best Home Supporters by a distance were West Brom's. We were out-voiced that day. Something I am not at all familiar with.

That was a surprise to me as when I've been to West Brom before, I hadn't had them down as an overly passionate bunch.
Skinz

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2018, 11:33:34 PM »

Old Trafford is a bore fest shithole. The milking of Munich 58 is running thin. They are the biggest club near Manchester though, I'll give them that 

boro-bob

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2018, 06:18:05 AM »

Top clubs have too many plastic fans.

Premier League, you're having a laugh !!
thebannedone
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2018, 06:28:59 AM »

Spurs is the best atmosphere in the PL.

:like:
mingebag

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2018, 06:54:50 AM »

:Fucking embarrassed for them when we won em in the Cup  souey
Outsung them all match just got the odd "united" when they won a corner or had a shot

All the top PL sides are the corporate prawn sandwich cunts  :wanker:

Sir Ste Gibson is a legend  :pope2:
dixieland

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2018, 06:58:58 AM »

Problem now is Old Trafford is too big for what they need now. In the glory days it was built up to around 77000 but now reduced down to around 73000 & still unable to fill it.  
The PR people at Manure talk about building it up to over 80000, yeah right.
The size of the club is huge so will always be able to stay in the top six but this negative type football along with the emergence of City has greatly reduced their home support.
They still have the 'Dicky type' fans who bought into the Fergie glory years in mid nineties by watching Sky so will for many years to come have a lot of voice on these type of  message boards.
They will continue to throwing insults every time another club apart from Manure are doing well which is getting really boring & shows the bitterness that Manure fans feel these days. For confirmation of this, see Dick's comments on the Salah thread regarding Salah & Kieta. Yet he still defends Pogba, Sanchez, Shaw & claims Ashley Young doesn't cheat, but is just misunderstood.
I get that it must be difficult for Manure fans to take now as watching this 'shit anti football' they now produce is boring to watch but the special one No 4 was supposed to be the REAL special one after Moyes, Giggs & the mad one. It looks like it is going to be another expensive sacking shortly as blaming the fans for the shit atmosphere which is the reason West Brom & the like can win at Old Trafford can only last for so long before the board act.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 07:04:00 AM by dixieland » Logged
thebannedone
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2018, 07:03:59 AM »

Do you not like Man U then?
dixieland

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2018, 07:12:45 AM »

To be honest, it is not the club which is one of the biggest in the world,  it is the 'Dicky type' fans in the Boro who cannot give any credit for when other teams do well. See the comments Dicky puts all the time regarding the attendance at City, but says nothing about Manures empty seats. Makes comments about Salah needing another season to see if he's any good, writing off 40 goals like it is done every season, but thinks says nothing about Sanchez or all the other Manure strikers who I think if added together just might get near Salah's goals. They defend Mourinho's anti football approach but stand in judgement of managers like Guardiola, Klopp, Potch who play the game the way it should be played.
pussy galore

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2018, 07:22:43 AM »

Bad dream last night Dixie?

Hang on a sec...... you'll find that fergie was still up in jockland when I first went to watch United at roker park with the old man in 1984.

12 years later you ditched your blue and white Everton scarf or was it still Leeds United scarf,  or Sheffield Wednesday scarf and decided that because you had seen Robbie Fowler on TV you became a Liverpool fan.......

Awaits the usual arsenal "retort"

Bustinsurfboards....... It's his favourite subject. No matter what we talk about on the blower,  he always drags man United in to it. I suppose he's just another typical bitter Scouse fan. And we all know how they love to talk about Manchester United till the cows come home!!!

Get ya twat out bitch
mingebag

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2018, 07:25:10 AM »

Leeds fans like a good Man U bashing session as well charles
thebannedone
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2018, 07:53:10 AM »

I see there is a bit of history between you too and friendly banter! For what its worth I was a huge Spurs fan up until I was taken to my first Boro game by the bloke Lids reckons he was talking to in the Cross one time but had sadly passed away a year or so before ha ha, from then on I was hooked on Boro and have no affinity whatsoever with Spurs now.

So, yes it is easy to choose a team thats doing well and you see on the TV a lot, although Spurs never really did that well when I chose to follow them, I just liked their strip and Nico Claessen sent me an autographed football when I was almost 4. I have a photo at home with the signed ball, me in my white Spurs Holsten kit and Woody in his red Dickens Boro kit. Proper full kit wankers!!

:alf: :alf: :alf:
LEON TROTSKY

BERNIE THE KIDDY FIDDLING CUNT !!!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2018, 07:55:12 AM »

YES IT'S NOT AS EXCITING AS IT USED TO BE 

:alf: charles
pussy galore

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2018, 08:05:22 AM »

It's all good fun between myself and dixie. We've had many a drunken conversation about Pool/United. His best mate Del, i used to feel sorry for him listening to us going at it and he'd sit there quiet as a mouse with his Boro4Life attitude, bored to tears of us more than likely.......... until City became RICH and he suddenly remembered "oh i used to be a city fan in the 70s" and now Boro is a distant memory!!

Gone has the season ticket, gone has the boro shirt, gone has the boro plaque on his door, gone has his Boro is my life attitude.

I guess Sky TV inducted two new fans in Dixie and Del

Get ya twat out bitch
thebannedone
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2018, 08:14:29 AM »

I think anyone who supports one of the big clubs but isn't from that area is fair game to be called a glory supporter to be fair but yes Sky TV have to take the blame for a lot of it with their biased coverage.

Just out of interest pal, if Boro and Man U played each other in a cup final, which set of fans would you sit with?
mingebag

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2018, 08:15:26 AM »

YES IT'S NOT AS EXCITING AS IT USED TO BE 

:alf: charles
Taking the piss out themselves  souey
pussy galore

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2018, 08:43:55 AM »

I think anyone who supports one of the big clubs but isn't from that area is fair game to be called a glory supporter to be fair but yes Sky TV have to take the blame for a lot of it with their biased coverage.

Just out of interest pal, if Boro and Man U played each other in a cup final, which set of fans would you sit with?

As I know I could get tickets for the United end in a cup final but not necessarily with Boro, I'd sit in the United end but....... I've always said I'd be 100% behind a Boro victory.

United have won everything to be won, nothing wrong with sharing it with the Boro.

Get ya twat out bitch
Wee_Willie

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2018, 08:51:23 AM »

It's akin to supporting Germany or Brazil in the World Cup even though you are English.
Jake Andrews

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2018, 10:10:21 AM »

Spurs is the best atmosphere in the PL.

:like:

Nothing special last Season.
thebannedone
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2018, 01:15:29 PM »

As I know I could get tickets for the United end in a cup final but not necessarily with Boro, I'd sit in the United end but....... I've always said I'd be 100% behind a Boro victory.

United have won everything to be won, nothing wrong with sharing it with the Boro.

OK, get off the fuckin fence here. Number one priority? Boro or United? None of this "oh man u have won it so I'd like Boro to win". Hand on heart, who is your team pal? Genuinely interested as I fucked off Spurs when they were my team.
coulbyboro.

The future is unwritten.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2018, 01:30:36 PM »

I started off supporting burnley because the lad at the next desk in 1st year juniors explained to me about football and he supported them. :tp2:
I moved on to Man City for a season,(fuck knows why I picked them, mick) then boro from age 12. :mido:
SmogOnTour

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2018, 02:52:17 PM »

I think all atmosphere at the top clubs is pretty much non-existent now. Too interested in promoting family days out and the tourist/plastic pound.
Coaches loaded with ponces from the Home Counties travelling up the M1 with their half-and-half scarves all gassed-out before they even step in the stadium.
pussy galore

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2018, 03:07:01 PM »

I started off supporting burnley because the lad at the next desk in 1st year juniors explained to me about football and he supported them. :tp2:
I moved on to Man City for a season,(fuck knows why I picked them, mick) then boro from age 12. :mido:

Typical Man City fan claiming to be a fan now they're finally famous  monkey monkey

When i was younger, all my mates supported Liverpool, they were the dogs bollocks in the 80s and all my mates wanted to be Dalglish or Rush(or whoever were playing for them then) when playing football on the tip. I just wanted to be Bryan Robson. He was my hero. If he'd played for Spurs i'd have been a spurs fan, if he'd played for Newcastle, i'd be a newcastle fan. He didn't, he played for Man United and that was it.
It's stuck with me ever since.

Get ya twat out bitch
coulbyboro.

The future is unwritten.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2018, 03:39:03 PM »

Typical Man City fan claiming to be a fan now they're finally famous  monkey monkey

When i was younger, all my mates supported Liverpool, they were the dogs bollocks in the 80s and all my mates wanted to be Dalglish or Rush(or whoever were playing for them then) when playing football on the tip. I just wanted to be Bryan Robson. He was my hero. If he'd played for Spurs i'd have been a spurs fan, if he'd played for Newcastle, i'd be a newcastle fan. He didn't, he played for Man United and that was it.
It's stuck with me ever since.

well then, when robbo stopped playing for them you should have fucked them off, 
(or just watched match of the day)
pussy galore

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2018, 03:53:48 PM »

But that's like saying those young fans of Juninho, Rava, Merson, Tuncay, Yakubu, JFH, Pallister, Mowbray, Slaven, Hickton, Mannion, Hardwick, Sounness and co should've fucked the boro off when their favourite player left the club.

Get ya twat out bitch
coulbyboro.

The future is unwritten.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2018, 04:13:51 PM »

But that's like saying those young fans of Juninho, Rava, Merson, Tuncay, Yakubu, JFH, Pallister, Mowbray, Slaven, Hickton, Mannion, Hardwick, Sounness and co should've fucked the boro off when their favourite player left the club.
no it's not,they supported the club first,not the player. :mido:
tunstall

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2018, 05:56:44 PM »

So you're a man u fan?

souey
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length