Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2018, 05:56:51 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: TPs Red Army...

Poll
Question: Should it be mandatory for military action
Yes - 7 (35%)
No - 13 (65%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Parliamentary vote  (Read 368 times)
Pile

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2018, 11:25:04 AM »

What’s the general consensus on here?

Should minor parties have a say in military strikes?

Do the public need a parliamentary vote to be on-side?

Why have an elected prime minister if they have to persuade MPs of other parties?

Would open debate be too public and show our hand to the world? Would that compromise operations?

Would more people being involved in the decision making result in a sounder decision?

Would political point scoring take priority over the current situation?

They are all questions to be answered and I’m sure people have loads of others. It has proved to be the wrong way in the past, when labour prime minister convinced people Sadam had weapons of mass destruction.

Thoughts?

History teaches us that we learn nothing from history.
PoliteDwarf

Not big and not clever

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 11:43:37 AM »

I'd like to say yes but there's a problem. I doubt many voters, if any, ask their MP candidates at election time their opinion on when they would vote for war or not so each MP may not reflect the opinion of the people who sent them to parliament. On that basis I guess you have to fall back on the cabinet.

CoB scum
Pile

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 11:49:14 AM »

I agree. Vince Cable was on tele this morning saying MPs did not get the chance to represent their voters but how would they know what their voters want? And what about the majority of voters in a constituency who didn’t vote for them?

If she lost a parliamentary vote on this she’d be even more fucked. Like Brexit, politicians should be showing the world a united front but personal gain wins every time.

thebannedone
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 12:16:49 PM »

There is no requirement for the government to put this to a vite. It is their right as the elected government to make decisions concerning war.

She is well within her right to sanction British involvement.
Squarewheelbike

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 02:03:29 AM »

Yeah, make military attacks at the bidding of a nut job American president, because recent history shows that ends well.
Ulyanov

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 02:18:47 AM »

Yeah, make military attacks at the bidding of a nut job American president, because recent history shows that ends well.
So you admit Obama was a nut job? You're making progress jc
thebannedone
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 05:05:50 AM »

I think you will find that it was the involvement of the UK and France that limited these attacks and stopped a major conflict from starting whilst at the same time reducing the chemical weapons capability of a lunatic who gases innocent women and children.

:like:
Crocket

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 06:43:48 AM »

Before I nash to work something to think about . Syria/Russia partners in crime of gassing people.If this is the case where's the outcry to cancel the world cup in Russia in a few months time. You can't one minute be involved in Gassing people and the next Invite the world to your country for the biggest sporting event on the planet. Has any one pulled out of the World Cup yet ? Has the FA Said we ain't taking part . These Big Bad Russians are so bad yet a few months time the world will be visiting to play football.Let me know when everyone says we ain't going   :like:

Hope no one replies with " footballs got nowt to do with it  "   

Lets see the hypocrisy in full flow if the Russians are so bad.  :like:
thebannedone
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 07:15:15 AM »

Clutching at straws now mate.

:unlike:
Wee_Willie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 08:33:15 AM »

I don't trust any MP or anyone in Whitehall for that matter. I also don't believe anything they say - they just try to shape what people want to believe.
thebannedone
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 09:09:19 AM »

All politicians are cunts. There is zero or very little accountability for their actions so they do as they please.

The UK needs a revolution and laws brought in that punish politicians who lie, manipulate, benefit financially from their positions and act like general cunts with no regard for the public. Thats the only way to rid the world of these leeches.
yabbadabbawho

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2018, 09:17:42 AM »

Not necessary on this action.
Popeye Corbyn would scurry in his bunker and say leave things to the UN, but he hasn't noticed that the UN have their hands tied on this matter and are vetoed out.

We must take action against Chemical Weapons and now it's done. Nice one TM.
Ural Quntz
Phew thats better

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2018, 09:19:45 AM »

There is no requirement for the government to put this to a vite. It is their right as the elected government to make decisions concerning war.

She is well within her right to sanction British involvement.

:like:

"football is an art form and I just want to sit next to the prettiest girl in the room" - Capio 2018
Ural Quntz
Phew thats better

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2018, 09:25:53 AM »

Not necessary on this action.
Popeye Corbyn would scurry in his bunker and say leave things to the UN, but he hasn't noticed that the UN have their hands tied on this matter and are vetoed out.

We must take action against Chemical Weapons and now it's done. Nice one TM.

Imagine the scene in parliament

TM. Now I'm telling you this in absolute confidence (even though its broadcast) but we're going to batter three sites in Syria that we have proof are key to Asshats chemical weapons capability. Here it all is for you to look at and study.
JC. Thanks for that PM. What time exactly will these missiles be launched?
TM Thats OK Jeremy - it will be at 1.30 am UK time but please dont tell anyone
JC Of course not PM - and how many jets will the Americans be sending?
TM Over a hundred mate!
JC Anybody else involved?
TM Yeah the French are chipping in
JC Cheers like

A few minutes later

JC Is that Russia Today? I've got a fucking big scoop here for yez

:alf:

"football is an art form and I just want to sit next to the prettiest girl in the room" - Capio 2018
Pile

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2018, 12:06:47 PM »

Before I nash to work something to think about . Syria/Russia partners in crime of gassing people.If this is the case where's the outcry to cancel the world cup in Russia in a few months time. You can't one minute be involved in Gassing people and the next Invite the world to your country for the biggest sporting event on the planet. Has any one pulled out of the World Cup yet ? Has the FA Said we ain't taking part . These Big Bad Russians are so bad yet a few months time the world will be visiting to play football.Let me know when everyone says we ain't going   :like:

Hope no one replies with " footballs got nowt to do with it  "   

Lets see the hypocrisy in full flow if the Russians are so bad.  :like:
Governments have no control over fifa. It wasn’t boycotted even when Russia invaded Crimea.

We (uk) have reacted by stating there won’t be any officials or royal family presence in Russia.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length