Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 14, 2018, 11:23:39 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: TPs Red Army...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tunisia  (Read 499 times)
RedSteel

UTB

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2018, 07:08:31 AM »

Would you travel there, now the ban has been lifted?

It's a no from me, though I wouldn't have went prior to them shootings.
daftjim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 07:22:50 AM »

Worked there for 18 months just before the uprising

Beautiful country rammed with culture and they are lovely people except for a place called Sfax where even the the rest of Tunisia hates them.

They have a long porous border with Libya at the bottom and an even bigger one with that shithole Algeria.

And their security services are piss poor.

I doubt they've changed much so it's a no from me.
LEON TROTSKY

I got an ice pick.....that made my ears burn.....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 08:47:00 AM »

BBEN 4 TIMES TO SOUSA AND PORT EL KANTOUI  :like:

WAS IN THAT HOTEL AND ON THAT BEACH A MONTH BEFORE THAT LUNATIC WENT ONNA KILLING SPREE  :wanker:

THE WEATHER IS GREAT...THE BEACHES ARE GREAT....MOST OF THE STAFF IN THE HOTELS ARE GREAT....THE SECURITY AND POLICE THOUGH ARE AS WEAK AS  PISS  souey

THERE TOURIST ECONOMY IS FUCKED.....NEED BIG CHANGES TO GET PEOPLE BACK....WOULDNT STOP ME THOUGH.....HARD AS A COFFIN NAIL 

monkey
Grinch
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 09:54:37 AM »

I wouldn't go for a tourist trip. Shithole.
Gramsci

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 10:14:36 AM »

Beautiful country rammed with culture and they are lovely people except for a place called Sfax where even the the rest of Tunisia hates them.

They have a long porous border with Libya at the bottom and an even bigger one with that shithole Algeria.

Sfax is an absolute shithole. The rest of the country is incredible....apart from Kairouan - the 4th most holy place in Islam after Mecca Medina and Jerusalem - the atmosphere was very different in this city to elsewhere  klins

Where did you work Jim?

On the whole the people there were lovely....like in many situations in life...it is the minority who ruin things  :wanker:
RedSteel

UTB

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 10:53:31 AM »

Sfax is an absolute shithole. The rest of the country is incredible....apart from Kairouan - the 4th most holy place in Islam after Mecca Medina and Jerusalem - the atmosphere was very different in this city to elsewhere  klins

Where did you work Jim?

On the whole the people there were lovely....like in many situations in life...it is the minority who ruin things  :wanker:

Leave the board then 
Gramsci

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 11:41:47 AM »

The Shermanator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 11:47:58 AM »

Born in East Cleveland, live in Boro now ... Of course I would visit, couldn't be any worse than the areas I've lived in.

Except it's sunny and warm, and I dont like sunny and warm, so no probably not on that basis. The guns, aggro and threats of attack wouldn't solely atop me going anywhere, at any time I wanted, that's no way to live.
LEON TROTSKY

I got an ice pick.....that made my ears burn.....

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 12:33:47 PM »

Born in East Cleveland, live in Boro now ... Of course I would visit, couldn't be any worse than the areas I've lived in.

Except it's sunny and warm, and I dont like sunny and warm, so no probably not on that basis. The guns, aggro and threats of attack wouldn't solely atop me going anywhere, at any time I wanted, that's no way to live.

YOU DONT GET MANY PEOPLE ROAMING ROUND BROTTON BEACH 

WITH AN AK47  charles :alf:

SILLY CUNT  monkey
Sunnyman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 01:32:30 PM »

Went to Port el cuntia and visited sosewer on holiday once, and would never ever go back ...it’s fuckin horrible, with slimy twats.  Number of tmes I almost got into a scrap because some twatting cunt of a bloke was trying to chat my wife up or make comments. Wouldn’t go again if it was free  :mido:
Minge

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2018, 05:32:34 PM »

Your own fault for marrying a camel
 :chrisk:
daftjim

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2018, 07:35:10 PM »

Where did you work Jim?

Spent 8 months in Tunis then around a year splitting the time between Sfax and Gabes.

The country had fantastic diversity. Went all over. Did all the resorts, went to Djerba, Kantanui, Sousse, up North to Bizerte, Cap Hmem and spent time in the rolling lush valleys of Grombalia.
Spent many weekends in Hammamet.
Used to visit the Bardot Museum, the Roman ruins around Carthage and the Coleseum at El Jem is one of the best in the world.

Great food and lovely people who would give you what little they had.

Bit of a powderkeg now though. The youth are well educated but there are no jobs, especially now the Tourism Industry is fkd. Resentment of the West is rising born out of jealousy and a sense of hopelessness. Before the uprising at least most of them had a bit of hope but since it's done nothing for them they don't see an end to their poverty.

I went everywhere at all hours. Ended up in some dives and places I shouldn't have been but never felt really under threat.

We were told to avoid kicking out time on a Friday after prayers, especially if there'd been an event somewhere in the world that would get the Imams in a frenzy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length