Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2018, 04:04:14 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: TPs Red Army...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: This season shows just what a poor squad we have.  (Read 763 times)
Bill Buxton

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2017, 09:37:25 PM »

Given that a huge amount of money has been spent assembling this group of players they are a huge disappointment.We have weaknesses all over the park,and we have no real injury worries.I think Pulis is a good choice of manager but he will struggle with this lot.He has said himself that the squad is too large and he is dead right.Hopefully he will begin the cull in January and complete it in the summer.I think he will " give it a real go" next season with a group of players who have real fight in them.
Duran

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 09:50:00 PM »

Very true
Jethro Tull
We need to win football matches

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 01:19:44 PM »

IF boro had beaten Villa they'd have been 7 points from 2nd place' it didn't happen of course but if it had most would have been happy.

All about fine margins.We are what we are.It is what it is.
Bill Buxton

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 01:52:47 PM »

If I won Euro Millions I could buy the club.
Steechve Boalsie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 02:08:09 PM »

If you won the pools you could buy your club 

Rob Nichols ruined my life.
Bill Buxton

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 02:18:49 PM »

Or simply sell it to a Chinese billionaire a la Barnsley.Who would have thought it!!!
Jethro Tull
We need to win football matches

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 02:58:54 PM »

Why are the mackems a pile of shit if a mega rich owner is the answer?
They had a good team when football was in it's infancy before the Boer war' look at the cunts now. :alf:

All about fine margins.We are what we are.It is what it is.
Bill Buxton

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 03:08:45 PM »

The Sunderland situation is interesting.They are an even worse run club than Boro and deserve to be struggling.However, I think they will claw themselves back up the league and finish up mid table,same as us.Being taken over by a billionaire doesn't mean a Sunderland situation might ensue.Sticking with Gibson the last ten years hasn't exactly been wonderfully successful has it?
daftjim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 03:09:19 PM »

If I won Euro Millions I could buy the club.

You might, but you wouldn't have enough to run it
Bill Buxton

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2018, 03:12:12 PM »

Very true DJ.
Bill Buxton

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2018, 04:53:07 PM »

looks like we are going to get well beaten yet again.A new manager was needed but why stop there.For god's sake Gibson go!
ONTHEMAP

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2018, 06:02:40 PM »

And Bill and Capio slink back off into the darkness  :tp1: :tp1: :tp1:

Living the dream.
Bill Buxton

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2018, 06:05:31 PM »

I'm not slinking anywhere matey.We would never have come back with Monk in charge.I just hope Pulis is given resources to get in players who will perform at this level.
ONTHEMAP

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2018, 06:09:04 PM »

I'm not slinking anywhere matey.We would never have come back with Monk in charge.I just hope Pulis is given resources to get in players who will perform at this level.

Every manager since Gibson took over has been given resources - that sort of proves he's the best thing to ever happen to the club - unless you think he should be on the pitch knocking in the goals.

Can't have it both ways, he gave Monk the money, Karanka before him and will do with Pulis, how is that  anything but a positive?

Living the dream.
Bill Buxton

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2018, 06:10:57 PM »

He kept appointing crap managers.Hadnt you noticed?
ONTHEMAP

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2018, 06:27:50 PM »

So your argument is that he didn't tempt Pep Guardiola - that's some argument. :tp1:

Living the dream.
Bill Buxton

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2018, 06:35:36 PM »

Don't talk such utter rubbish.We are not talking about the worlds best managers.We are talking about an owner who has consistently appointed dud managers at the club.He is in sole charge( more's the pity) and he keeps making these extremely poor judgements.Actually I think in Pulis he has got it right for once.Pulis given time will create a team that will battle its way out of this league.This is the Chimpship.A horrible league where you have to scrap for every point.By the way are you trying to get on Gibbos Christmas card list.He obviously likes sycophants.

CLEM FANDANGO

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2018, 06:40:06 PM »

He obviously likes sycophants.

I like 'em too.

plazmuh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2018, 06:41:18 PM »

HAPPY NEW YEAR BILL

ONTHEMAP

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2018, 06:41:39 PM »

If you can't see that Gibson is and always has been a great chairman then you're watching the wrong sport - wrestling or something like that would be better - you'd honestly get more out of it.

There isn't one professional footballer, ex footballer or manager in the game that would agree with your point of view - every single one says the opposite, namely that Gibson is a great chairman and MFC are very lucky to have him.

But carry on, maybe you know better than all of them? Maybe you're not just an idiot?

Living the dream.
Jake Andrews

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2018, 06:46:39 PM »

We would never have come back with Monk in charge.

Just thought about that. I agree.
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2018, 07:01:12 PM »

Shame about sheff wed. No idea why anyone encourages this crank.
Pile

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2018, 08:03:04 PM »

Every manager since Gibson took over has been given resources - that sort of proves he's the best thing to ever happen to the club - unless you think he should be on the pitch knocking in the goals.
Tony Mowbray was given fuck all.

History teaches us that we learn nothing from history.
Wee_Willie

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2018, 02:46:08 PM »

It also shows Karanka built a team around average to poor players playing in defense. People foolishly think we had a good defence last season and a shite one now. The truth is we played with 9 men behind the ball last season to protect weaknesses in defence. Now the players are playing a different style where defenders defend, midfielders create and attackers score, some of the same defenders and midfielders are not capable of doing their job.
Northallerton_Boro

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2018, 04:50:01 PM »

What will Pulis formation and XI be though?

The current squad was assembled based on two managers who love 4-2-3-1

If Tony wants 4-4-2 we don't have the players to do it without people being out of position
Bill Buxton

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2018, 04:54:36 PM »

Couldn't agree more with We Willie.Pulis will have to dismantle this squad and create a team that is devoid of the Karanka mentality.Karanka in my view display a lot of damage.
TerryCochranesSocks

Pull your socks up Tel.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2018, 04:56:30 PM »

What will Pulis formation and XI be though?

The current squad was assembled based on two managers who love 4-2-3-1

If Tony wants 4-4-2 we don't have the players to do it without people being out of position

It's only a few yards away!
It's still grass and the ball is still round and they are supposed to be footballers for fuck's sake.

I fuckin' hate smart-arsed signatures
Pile

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2018, 07:25:39 PM »

It also shows Karanka built a team around average to poor players playing in defense. People foolishly think we had a good defence last season and a shite one now. The truth is we played with 9 men behind the ball last season to protect weaknesses in defence. Now the players are playing a different style where defenders defend, midfielders create and attackers score, some of the same defenders and midfielders are not capable of doing their job.
you're correct on how we used to play but incorrect on how we play now. Our current midfield rarely create anything and leaves us over-reliant on the fullbacks to support the attack. 

History teaches us that we learn nothing from history.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length