Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 06:11:44 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: We go again...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 5 dressing room leaders to kick start Boros season  (Read 509 times)
Nilgredo Mido

The Beast of COB

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2017, 01:36:32 PM »

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/5-dressing-room-leaders-middlesbrough-13749050

Ayala - Sick note.  lost

Downing - Shit stirrer and done nothing for 2 plus years lost

Friend - Too slow.  lost

Marty Braithwaite - perhaps.

Leadbitter - certainly. The best all round midfielder we have, being able to defend but start attacks as well.  :like:

He's fat, hes round, his arse trails on the ground.
calamity

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 01:57:00 PM »

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/5-dressing-room-leaders-middlesbrough-13749050

Ayala - Sick note.  lost

Friend - Too slow.  lost

Leadbitter - certainly. The best all round midfielder we have, being able to defend but start attacks as well.  :like:

Braithwaite is apparently a very good influence on the team and the club in general, or at least he was at Toulouse according to a French journo that was interviewed on the Beeb  :like:
Nilgredo Mido

The Beast of COB

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 01:58:20 PM »

Ayala - Sick note.  lost

Friend - Too slow.  lost

Braithwaite is apparently a very good influence on the team and the club in general, or at least he was at Toulouse according to a French journo that was interviewed on the Beeb  :like:

Must say I have liked what I have seen of him so far.

Keep fit.  :like:

Priv

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 09:29:20 PM »

There's more fight in the tea lady and cleaners
Gypsy boy Bud

#prayervigils

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 10:15:45 PM »

Ayala - Sick note.  lost

Friend - Too slow.  lost

Is this the same Leadbitter that every man & his dog decided he was finished 18 months ago?

Ive been involved in opposing anti-terror legislation ever since I first went into Parliament in 1983 - Jeremy Corbyn 21/6/2011
Nilgredo Mido

The Beast of COB

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 10:19:58 PM »

Ayala - Sick note.  lost

Friend - Too slow.  lost

Is this the same Leadbitter that every man & his dog decided he was finished 18 months ago?

We then saw Clayton be shite for an entire season.  rava

Gypsy boy Bud

#prayervigils

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 10:24:16 PM »

Ayala - Sick note.  lost

Friend - Too slow.  lost

We then saw Clayton be shite for an entire season.  rava

So all of a sudden does that propel Grant Leadbitter into the N'golo Kante bracket?

Ive been involved in opposing anti-terror legislation ever since I first went into Parliament in 1983 - Jeremy Corbyn 21/6/2011
Nilgredo Mido

The Beast of COB

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 10:25:39 PM »

No. Just best of a bad bunch.  lost

monkeyman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 10:30:56 PM »

No. Just best of a bad bunch.  lost
:like: FUCKING LEADBOOTS THE MESSIAH JESUS WEPT souey GM3
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 06:41:08 AM »

Leadbitter  monkey fucking hell. I've given up on the play offs if he's the answer.
Minge

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 06:46:44 AM »

Like him or not , he's best driving force midfielder we've got
And the only player at the club who is a natural leader .
Yes he's slow nowadays and sometimes his passing is short or goes backwards, but that's not his fault, if the attacking players are creating space what's he suppose to do .
Top man our grant , very much like Barry robbo  :homer:
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 01:37:07 PM »

His legs had gone at the end of our promotion  season. 60 minute player at best.
Nilgredo Mido

The Beast of COB

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2017, 02:11:32 PM »

His legs had gone at the end of our promotion  season. 60 minute player at best.

I cannot recall Clayton or Foreshaw making a forward pass, thats the problem if you want to score goals.

Leadbitter will at least do that.

I think we all agree the midfield is whats fucking up our league position.

Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2017, 02:15:50 PM »

Clayton does as he is told imo.  He was the outstanding central midfield player in the league when we went up. I have no idea why people have turned against him. Honest grafter who always puts a shift in. He is there to let the more talented players shine. Shame we don't seem to have any. cry
towz

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2017, 02:20:53 PM »

Clayton does as he is told imo.  He was the outstanding central midfield player in the league when we went up. I have no idea why people have turned against him. Honest grafter who always puts a shift in. He is there to let the more talented players shine. Shame we don't seem to have any. cry

To be fair, I said from day one he was fucking shit.
Nilgredo Mido

The Beast of COB

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2017, 02:33:36 PM »

Clayton looked so far out of his depth in the Premier league it was sad for the lad.  lost

If we go up he will be the first out of the door.

If we wanted to "smash the league" we should have looked for better this season.

The Better man

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2017, 02:43:03 PM »

The fact that we're at the stage we need Leadbitter shows how poorly the money was spent in the summer. Braithwaite is a moaning fucker, which I think is fine if you're the actual captain but as just another player he may get their backs up. He is definitely a leader. Ayala should be recalled for me, we miss him.

Cob's second most arrogant man.
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2017, 02:56:41 PM »

Clayton looked so far out of his depth in the Premier league it was sad for the lad.  lost

If we go up he will be the first out of the door.

If we wanted to "smash the league" we should have looked for better this season.

I disagree. He had a thankless task but stuck at it. He was better than most and never gave up when many around him did.
Nelboro

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2017, 05:33:51 PM »

Clayts is a good footballer, he does the donkey work then gives the ball for the more talented like Kante does. every team needs a player like him & he loves the Boro, Leadboots is a natural leader reminds us of Southgate egging everyone on
towz

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2017, 05:52:36 PM »

Clayts is a good footballer, he does the donkey work then gives the ball for the more talented like Kante does. every team needs a player like him & he loves the Boro, Leadboots is a natural leader reminds us of Southgate egging everyone on

He fucking isn't, like
Nilgredo Mido

The Beast of COB

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2017, 05:55:49 PM »

He runs around a lot, which is worth something.

But you need more then that to be a good footballer.

towz

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2017, 05:56:35 PM »

He runs around a lot, which is worth something.

But you need more then that to be a good footballer.

He is most definitely NOT a good footballer. He may try but thats about it
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2017, 07:16:40 PM »

So he didn't get an award for being the best midfield player in the promotion season. George friend also got one. Hes suddenly shit now as well
Pile

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2017, 07:21:09 PM »

:like:
Clayton should break up play/win the ball and then pass it to someone more creative. Unfortunately they give him it straight back. Clayton is not the problem, he does his job well.

History teaches us that we learn nothing from history.
Wee_Willie

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2017, 07:24:37 PM »

No one has mentioned Ben oops Gibson.
Gramsci

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2017, 07:41:11 PM »

Another one in the long line of Boro fans who thinks Clayton is a good player. He isn't.

He does however put a shift in and works hard....unfortunately that does not mean he is talented. He, IMO, is the one of the main reasons why we have such a dull ineffective midfield. Does nothing but put in tackles, the majority of which end in needless fouls in dangerous areas  :wanker:
Pile

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2017, 07:44:58 PM »

Another one in the long line of Boro fans who thinks Clayton is a good player. He isn't.

He does however put a shift in and works hard....unfortunately that does not mean he is talented. He, IMO, is the one of the main reasons why we have such a dull ineffective midfield. Does nothing but put in tackles, the majority of which end in needless fouls in dangerous areas  :wanker:
during last season and the one before we barely conceded goals and that was largely down to Clayton. We scored too few goals as well because there was no flair alongside him.

Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2017, 07:49:11 PM »

I'll listen to someone who attends games not someone who watches them on the radio.  He was consistently  our best player in the promotion season. You
Gramsci

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2017, 07:50:35 PM »

I'll listen to someone who attends games not someone who watches them on the radio.  He was consistently  our best player in the promotion season. You

Been to enough games to see that he isn't a great player. He is a decent squad player at Chumps level, beyond that, he is no great shakes
Robbso

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2017, 08:05:45 PM »

Sorry, I imagined him being outstanding home and away all that season. You on the other hand saw him, what twice. At Christmas probably. I imagined him travelling to London to pick  up his award along with George friend. Stewey Downing was dancing to karaoke in the green tree the same night. We had drawn with Ipswich 1-1 the day before. Vivid imagination me like :basil:
Jake Andrews

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2017, 01:34:14 PM »

Clayton should break up play/win the ball and then pass it to someone more creative. Unfortunately they give him it straight back. Clayton is not the problem, he does his job well.

:like:    :like:

He's had a couple of dodgy moments this Season. Massive overreaction to them though. Every other Championship Club would happily take him.
Gramsci

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2017, 01:44:36 PM »

He's had a couple of dodgy moments this Season. Massive overreaction to them though. Every other Championship Club would happily take him.

I agree with that. The biggest problem for me with Clayton is him giving away needless free kicks. He does it time and time again when there is no need and consistently puts us under pressure from the dead ball.
I like what he does well, which is breaking up play, but his distribution is mediocre at best, he cannot beat a man and can't shoot. The first is an attribute the last three are what will always make him a very average player - decent in the Chumps, hopeless in the Prem = average player in my book
Jake Andrews

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2017, 01:54:38 PM »

I agree with that. The biggest problem for me with Clayton is him giving away needless free kicks. He does it time and time again when there is no need and consistently puts us under pressure from the dead ball.
I like what he does well, which is breaking up play, but his distribution is mediocre at best, he cannot beat a man and can't shoot. The first is an attribute the last three are what will always make him a very average player - decent in the Chumps, hopeless in the Prem = average player in my book

You raise some fair points though this 'giving away needless free-kicks' is exaggerated, for me. Clayton is supposed to commit tactical fouls if he feels we're in danger.

A problem we have is we're lacking a couple of big tough fuckers to defend a cross. Some have moved on (Negredo & Nugent), some are injured/naughty step (Gestede, Ayala, Friend).
Pile

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2017, 01:55:00 PM »

He had some really good games last season against some excellent players. He had no choice but be massively involved because the whole team sat so deep. I'd like to see him in a 4141 or 4132, he's always excelled when we've played it.

Gramsci

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2017, 02:34:41 PM »

He had some really good games last season against some excellent players. He had no choice but be massively involved because the whole team sat so deep. I'd like to see him in a 4141 or 4132, he's always excelled when we've played it.

I would happily see him sit in front of the back four and stay there...but only in a 4-1-3-2 - in any other system, basically when he is further forward, he is largely ineffective
Pile

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2017, 02:45:22 PM »

I would happily see him sit in front of the back four and stay there...but only in a 4-1-3-2 - in any other system, basically when he is further forward, he is largely ineffective
our main problem has been scoring goals, it's the shit around him who need a boot up the arse.

Gramsci

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2017, 02:58:11 PM »

our main problem has been scoring goals, it's the shit around him who need a boot up the arse.

Not arguing with that...but I would hope that any midfielder has the ability to do something that could win you the game....he does not have the ability to quickly turn defence into attack...Leadbitter does do that, Clayton doesn't....if he could go past a player and pick a pass then my opinion would change...I haven't seen him do either of those in a meaningful way
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length