Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 20, 2017, 11:39:58 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: We go again...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cricket  (Read 95 times)
Fidens

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2017, 11:58:54 AM »

missed it all due to being at the f1 but I'm baffled by a few things. Jennings selection. Ballance recall after he was so out of his depth last time.

Playing 2 spinners at trent bridge.

Wood I'm not baffled by but I don't think he's shown anywhere near as much skill as needed to be first change bowler at test.

We're really carrying nearly half a team at the moment.

"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.".
aytonstrummer

the future is unwritten

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 06:28:13 PM »

disgraceful surrender today

there is only one way of life ....... your own
Gramsci

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 11:39:31 PM »

It was a very poor show. The batting was reckless to say the least - Dawson was not needed here at all and should have been replaced with a batsman...no way we needed 6 bowlers.
Jennings will come good I reckon. Ballance just doesn't look like a test player - shits himself eveytime he puts that cap on.

The bowling was too short first innings and that is when the game was lost. Wood was rubbish. Can't fault his effort and he deliberately slowed his pace down by about 5 mph to try and get swing - he couldn't move it in the air, nor off the pitch. The Oval will be pacier, so hopefully he still has a role.

South Africa's bowling was outstanding. Morkel deserved a lot more than he got, Philander was brilliant both innings and Morris was unbelievable second innings...their spinner was excellent on a pitch not offering much turn.

Well and truly spanked  :unlike:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length