Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2017, 11:19:46 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

News: 2016/17 Season: Like watching an autopsy being performed on a man who is still alive...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Corbyn wants to seize empty houses owned by private tenants  (Read 302 times)
Wee_Willie

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2017, 07:54:14 AM »

to house council tenants - how's that going to work then?

Legal theft?
Legalised squatting?  

I hear Corbyn is heading to Seven Sisters Rd with his camera crew.

And another thing ... why are council tenants in London more poor than council tenants in other council areas? They're all shit holes and usually not far from where wealthy independent people live - people who don't depend on the state and pay taxes.
Bud Corbyn

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 08:02:02 AM »

to house council tenants - how's that going to work then?

Legal theft?
Legalised squatting?  

I hear Corbyn is heading to Seven Sisters Rd with his camera crew.

And another thing ... why are council tenants in London more poor than council tenants in other council areas? They're all shit holes and usually not far from where wealthy independent people live - people who don't depend on the state and pay taxes.

I don't think even that subversive piece of shit needs to court attendees of a mosque with a long history of radicalising 'worshippers'. They're already on board.

Ive been involved in opposing anti-terror legislation ever since I first went into Parliament in 1983 - Jeremy Corbyn 21/6/2011
towz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 08:03:21 AM »

So you agree with foreign immigrants buying and holding property that they don't even live in, as long as  they are rich?
Wee_Willie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 08:06:17 AM »

So you agree with foreign immigrants buying and holding property that they don't even live in, as long as  they are rich?

It's called buying something. When you buy it you normally own it. That's whether you are an immigrant or native.

Is Corbyn going to ban people from owning property abroad too, preventing retired people from living in two locations?
towz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 08:07:07 AM »

So that's a yes then
Wee_Willie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 08:08:22 AM »

So it would be legislation that targets "foreign immigrants" - sounds a touch prejudice to me.
towz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 08:13:41 AM »

I don't think it's right that rich foreign immigrants (a lot of whom have acquired their wealth by nefarious means) can buy property in the UK, regardless of whether they actually intend to live in it or not. This is rife in areas of London with Russian, arabs and Chinese.

I also disagree with people having massive portfolios of buy to let property. There needs to be some regulation and limit on the numbers of properties individuals can own, or no matter how many properties are built, rich bastards will snap them all up and price the less well off out of ever owning a property. This is all allowed so the Ponzi scheme that is the UK property market, which is used to brainwash mugs into thinking they are wealthy because their property is nominally worth a lot of money (despite the fact they end up paying the banks normally around 3 or 4 times what the nominal value is over the mortgage period to actually own them), can continue
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 08:27:41 AM by towz » Logged
Wee_Willie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 08:20:44 AM »

Ponzi schemes are illegal so if acquired by illegal means should be repossessed.

So what happens to all these working class landlords who work offshore investing in property and the wider consequences on the UK property market?
towz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 08:29:07 AM »

Should be a limit, maximum 3 buy to let properties per person. Prices will deflate but they are too high as it is. The only people really making any money out of it are th banks and bulidng societies, as usual
Nilgredo Mido

The Beast of COB

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2017, 08:58:26 AM »

Landlords are to blame for high prices being so high these days thats very true and pricing out many from the market.

Im sure no caring sharing lefties would profit at the expense of others though.  :matty:

He's fat, hes round, his arse trails on the ground.
Blind_faith

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2017, 09:00:13 AM »

Lefties love taking ither peoples property and re-distributing it

Dress it up anyway yiu like, its theft

Probably a policy from the minister for envy and spite

I'm here to help.  Myself.
Nilgredo Mido

The Beast of COB

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2017, 09:02:01 AM »

Take them off profiteering landlords.

Good idea eh Matty?  :like:

Blind_faith

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2017, 09:19:44 AM »

Conspicuous by his absence

Typical SFLD

Its ok taking other peoples stuff but not theirs

I'm here to help.  Myself.
towz

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2017, 09:23:16 AM »

And charging people over the top rents to live in slums is legalized extortion
Wee_Willie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2017, 09:37:35 AM »

Should be a limit, maximum 3 buy to let properties per person. Prices will deflate but they are too high as it is. The only people really making any money out of it are th banks and bulidng societies, as usual

So then well off will buy in other family members names, use trading companies, etc.

Do we really want to stop foreign investment coming into the country whether its money sourced by illicit means or not? That is a dangerous precedent.   

It hasn't really been thought through and smacks of an emotional-driven rant kind of policy - the very reason I believe Corbyn is a dangerous man.
towz

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2017, 09:58:18 AM »

So then well off will buy in other family members names, use trading companies, etc.

Do we really want to stop foreign investment coming into the country whether its money sourced by illicit means or not? That is a dangerous precedent.   

It hasn't really been thought through and smacks of an emotional-driven rant kind of policy - the very reason I believe Corbyn is a dangerous man.

Foreign investment? In what? Propping up the ridiculously inflated housing market then flogging it on to someone else when it goes up? How is that investment? Who benefits?
Wee_Willie

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2017, 10:08:23 AM »

Foreign investment? In what? Propping up the ridiculously inflated housing market then flogging it on to someone else when it goes up? How is that investment? Who benefits?

I'm answering your point. Prices are only ridiculous in London and other isolated pockets across the country. You can buy property in northern towns for peanuts, why not live there? So you do not believe in allowing market forces to dictate demand and supply, all sounds a touch communist to me  ? And are you just targeting foreigners with money not rich natives?
Schellenberg

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2017, 10:15:50 AM »

Sadiq Khans own report from the LSE doesn't support the conclusion that homes are empty

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/house-prices/almost-no-evidence-london-homes-owned-foreign-buyers-left-empty/

Corbyns position is a fundamental breach of the Human Rights Act Article 1 of the first protocol of the Convention

His position is one of tyrants and he should be arrested for inciting.
Nilgredo Mido

The Beast of COB

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2017, 10:17:45 AM »

Sadiq Khans own report from the LSE doesn't support the conclusion that homes are empty

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/house-prices/almost-no-evidence-london-homes-owned-foreign-buyers-left-empty/

Corbyns position is a fundamental breach of the Human Rights Act Article 1 of the first protocol of the Convention

His position is one of tyrants and he should be arrested for inciting.

He was telling people to occupy empty properties.

Now I dont believe a prime minister type should be telling people to take the law in their own hands.  :wanker:

Flar

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2017, 10:52:29 AM »

And their shareholders, who are usually, indirectly, pensioners (assuming some people have worked for a living)

Back to the shadows (with Cliff Richard)
Nilgredo Mido

The Beast of COB

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2017, 10:54:26 AM »

Pension funds are buying up houses for good returns for pensioners.

Not sure I like the fact that nearly dead pensioners are screwing up the chances of the young getting what pensioners got when houses were cheap.

Rids

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2017, 10:59:45 AM »

Build more houses.
Schellenberg

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2017, 11:02:22 AM »

The buy to let markets current state is entirely the responsibility of Labour. It's fanatical, ideological, spiteful and nasty changes to the pension system under Blair and Brown forced money into other asset classes to gain an appropriate return.

Labours fault I'm afraid. Shouldn't have fucked with the pensions
plazmuh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2017, 12:26:46 PM »

Labours fault my arse..

There are faults ON ALL SIDES..

BUT EVERY 5 YEARS YOU LOT VOTE FOR THEM..

Technically its the Voters fault..

NOT THAT THE MEDIA IS EVER TRUTHFULL
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length